Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
About as fancy as I get. Smoked this salmon a few days ago.....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Those deer or rabbit turds?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Fancy food gets Renegade like #assTwerk .

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MikeL2
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
About as fancy as I get. Smoked this salmon a few days ago.....

Those deer or rabbit turds?

Smart pills wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
BillyGoatGruff: Over the last many decades I have traveled to and eaten at 2 (two) of the "Top Ten Ranked Restaurants" in the world, during the years I ate at them.
I very much enjoy fine food prepared perfectly.
My all time favorite dinner dish is "Chateaubriand" - if you have not tried this "dish" I highly recommend you do so (before time runs out!)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I like Spaghettios.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Congrats Gruff. You obviously brought the little lady up right when she asks for things to bring happiness to others.

Good Dad, Good kid

Thanks Mike, she's my pride and joy. I'm not much to brag on kids, but she's pulling a 4.0 and did well in her first year of speech and debate. Whatever I did wrong she's compensated for it lol.

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BillyGoatGruff: Over the last many decades I have traveled to and eaten at 2 (two) of the "Top Ten Ranked Restaurants" in the world, during the years I ate at them.
I very much enjoy fine food prepared perfectly.
My all time favorite dinner dish is "Chateaubriand" - if you have not tried this "dish" I highly recommend you do so (before time runs out!)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I hadn't heard of that before, but after googling it I do believe if I see it on the menu somewhere I'll try it. Sounds amazing.

MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
from what i see of fancy food, it comes in small portions (heh) and i'm a f ucken hog at the trough so me and fancy ain't compatible. learned the same lesson on any place with the name "bistro" in it. give me a pile of meatloaf or roast beef, gravy, mashed tators, green beans and half a loaf of pumpernickle bread and thats my idea of a meal.

My diploma is a DD214
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Ham and eggs with Lima Beans heated with C-4 or with box board box. Desert was fruit cocktail over pound cake.
One Sunday morn after spending a few hours with Johnnie Walker, lunch was a few rice paper type wraps with veggies, tiny very hot red peppers, some kind of a meat balls and nuoc mam washed down with 33. Those tiny red peppers made it so the hired help did not have to add diesel when they stirred it the next morning.-- Lima Charley Hotel Mike

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just made spam musubi for lunch. Does that count?

Ungrateful kids wouldn’t eat it. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by renegade50
Carrot cake with bloated raisins and shredded carrots in it and a slightly sweet cream cheese frosting.

Man........
I can fugg one of those things up with a big ole glass of milk.

Crash from the sugar high about an hour later.
Nap time.....

Damn Rene, you did have to mention that carrot cake! That stuff is my Kryptonite.
If you add finely chopped black walnuts to that, I’d have to go break into a Covid closed bakery and make some.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ate a can of sardines..... helps with the social distancing...... everyone except my dog gives me a wide berth.... winnin

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I enjoy all kinds of food Peasant to Palace as long as it tastes good and better if its free.

Im spoiled at present with two daughters at home who love to cook, bake and bbq.

Plenty of examples of their good eats posted in food section.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
I enjoy all kinds of food Peasant to Palace as long as it tastes good and better if its free.

Im spoiled at present with two daughters at home who love to cook, bake and bbq.

Plenty of examples of their good eats posted in food section.

He ain't lyin' folks

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Yes.

Narcissist.

I call it good parenting.

Of course. Pay no attention to whomever is behind that curtain. smile

To answer the question, a really good flan. I've tried and its second-rate at best. Hard to find outside of mehico.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Time to be proud Gruff Treasure the time. They move on

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I enjoy all kinds of food and can cook most anything. I am most impressed my simple foods done right. Too many times people don't take the time and the care to cook something the best it can be done because it ain't fancy or expensive.

Other than not feeling like cooking I don't really go out much unless it is something I cannot cook. For me that is quality chinese food and BBQ. Cannot get a end product I am happy with making it myself. Chinese food seems so simple and it is if you want make at home kitty cat special. To do it right there is a lot of ingredients to buy and techniques to master. As for BBQ I am afraid to try. Mainly I am afraid of the rabbit hole I will probable end up going down. I already cannot afford my addictions..... I mean hobbies.

I got a every Wednesday at a gas station guy that keeps me from going into BBQ withdrawal. He puts out a solid 8 out of 10 plate of BBQ everytime. Every now and then he is capable of the best plate of BBQ I ever ate. If I am real desperate I got the toothless tweaker doing BBQ on Saturdays in the grocery store lot. Not bad but his quality control needs some work. Price and quantity almost make up for it though.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Gruf, if I may make a suggestion for another dish involving Crème Brule.....

Have your daughter prepare the custard and set is aside in the fridge overnight. The take some heavy bread, sliced into thick slices approximately 1.5" thick, set out overnight to dry out a bit, then in the morning soak the bread in the Crème Brule custard, and pan sear in a hot black iron skillet or griddle with butter. Finish in the oven, then torch it after topping with sugar just as you would Crème Brule...Top with Crem Fresh and enjoy!

Crème Brule French Toast, I had the pleasure of enjoying it at a Hotel in Frankfort after a delightful night of debauchery and was famished!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You can't get full on fancy,

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Creme brulee has four ingredients, takes about 10 minutes to get ready for the oven and a couple of minutes at the end for firing the sugar. There really are few things simpler.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm awfully plain and simple in everything and every way. When eating out, I like to pay for the food, not for the atmosphere, reputation, or presentation. At home, every time that I try some recipe that sounds like it might be good, I wind up realizing that for the time, effort, and ingredients require, I prefer my plain, old usual treatment of the main ingredient.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,214
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.