Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 67 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 66 67
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hey mtn warden , what are you using to track your mileage and vertical climb?

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I use gaiagps on my iPhone, but I'll double check it against caltopo's mapping system- they are always very close

I don't track my routes with Gaia unless it's a new route, once I have the route tracked and double checked with caltopo I just reuse the data when I do that route

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Blew out my knee sparring! Right in the middle of Bear season. Oh well I'll be taking it easy now for a while. I rowed today and it felt ok. Will continue working out as best I can minus the legs.

I check in and see this....and sparring...what a hooot!!!!!

Get on the mend and don't get on it until it feels really better...Some girls guard Dog, that's a guess but I'm fairly certain I'm right, on the trial decided Merlot was a threat and broke loose from her...Merlot decided he wasn't up for any sparring and took off...Problem was we were on the edge of a bank that fell off about 15 feet into what is known as Turtle Creek, and I was hooked to him while trying to keep myself between Merlot and the big boy....We both went over....Im not sure if Merlot tumbled much, but I remember doing two before we both splashed down, still hooked together...Must be something in the wind, because my knee took a hit, but came out of it whole with the exception of a little blood letting...Young teenage Girl who weighed only a little more than the Dog....She was crying up on top and I was pissed down on the bottom....Told her to go back were she came and sobbing away she went....

Still at it, weights in the basement, but looking forward to the gym opening....bunch of 3 an 4 milers with Merlot.....

Last edited by battue; 05/19/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by battue
Blew out my knee sparring! Right in the middle of Bear season. Oh well I'll be taking it easy now for a while. I rowed today and it felt ok. Will continue working out as best I can minus the legs.

Get on the mend and don't get on it until it feels really better...Some girls guard Dog, that's a guess but I'm fairly certain I'm right, on the trial decided Merlot was a threat and broke loose from her...Merlot decided he wasn't up for any sparring and took off...Problem was we were on the edge of a bank that fell off about 15 feet into what is known as Turtle Creek, and I was hooked to him while trying to keep myself between Merlot and the big boy....We both went over....Im not sure if Merlot tumbled much, but I remember doing two before we both splashed down, still hooked together...Must be something in the wind, because my knee took a hit, but came out of it whole with the exception of a little blood letting...Young teenage Girl who weighed only a little more than the Dog....She was crying up on top and I was pissed down on the bottom....Told her to go back were she came and sobbing away she went....

Still at it, weights in the basement, but looking forward to the gym opening....bunch of 3 an 4 milers with Merlot.....

Battue I never rolled with this guy before. He has a solid ground game, I was trying to hook my leg on his and it Popped! He instantly stopped and at first I thought it was him. Then I felt it and couldn't stand on it. But good news is I don't think it is as bad as I originally thought. Been icing the hell out of it. Compression sleeve when not icing. I can walk and the swelling is almost all gone. Hopefully back up and trining soon, maybe End of June. For now taking it very easy on it.

I hope you are ok buddy.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’m fine....Merlot however still thinks every Dog in the world wants to be his best bud...

Couple Dogs on our walk today were stretching their leash to tear into him. You notice the body language of those with a fighter. Most times they get a better hold on the leash or move off to the side. Seems like there are more of them than in the past. Time for a knife at minimum.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
a small canister of OC spray works well for aggressive canines (and hobos!)- of course so does a G43 laugh

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The glock would be the most decisive, but probably not the best choice when trying to separate the target.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by battue

Battue I never rolled with this guy before. He has a solid ground game, I was trying to hook my leg on his and it Popped! He instantly stopped and at first I thought it was him. Then I felt it and couldn't stand on it. But good news is I don't think it is as bad as I originally thought. Been icing the hell out of it. Compression sleeve when not icing. I can walk and the swelling is almost all gone. Hopefully back up and trining soon, maybe End of June. For now taking it very easy on it.

I hope you are ok buddy.

I hope you both heal up well.

MCH, it's good to train with folks who're conscious of the people they're rolling with. It might be worth getting it checked out. My left ACL was torn in a fight many years ago (2006). I was still able to run, lift, grapple, box....I just couldn't straighten it all the way or bend all the way to my butt. I had no trouble hitting triangles, re-guarding, etc....only at full extension or full flexion. After many months of never getting completely better I finally got an MRI and then had surgery to repair it. I should have had the MRI sooner....you can do a lot more on a torn ACL that you might think.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Back to my 3 day lifting routine with boxing on off days. I spent roughly the last month lifting 4 days a week with my oldest son following a Westside program with the inclusion of Olympic lifts for football...and very little cardio. It's amazing how the body can change with a change of program. One of his teammates is coming over to lift with him now so I'm going back to my stuff.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 miles on the trails with my wife and Tiny E- relaxed pace, trying to keep my legs limber for the death march this weekend smile

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just watched a documentary: “Barkley Marathon, Where dreams go to die.” Worth the visit....

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
^ yeah that's a good one, as in brutal smile

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
According to Strava, I ran 9.6 miles in 40 minutes yesterday, with a pace of 4:12/mile and 983 feet of vertical. I wish that were true, but it was probably more like 4 miles.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by cwh2
According to Strava, I ran 9.6 miles in 40 minutes yesterday, with a pace of 4:12/mile and 983 feet of vertical. I wish that were true, but it was probably more like 4 miles.

I've been having a lot of issues with Strava like that lately. When I look at the map of my activity it will have a lot of straight lines to one point way off my route. I was just thinking it was my phone.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 mile loop w/ Tiny E- keeping the pace fairly mild; t minus two days

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by The_Yetti

I've been having a lot of issues with Strava like that lately. When I look at the map of my activity it will have a lot of straight lines to one point way off my route. I was just thinking it was my phone.

Ran another 4 miles at lunch. Strava gave me credit for 4.5. Might have to look at another app, because this kind of defeats the purpose. Otherwise, I like the way Strava works although it is a little too "social" for me anyway. ETA: Yetti - Same here - it seems to be picking up a random point, and then I get an out and back to that point thrown in my results. I have also had it just quit tracking for a while, and short me on miles, but that hasn't happened in a whle.

Last edited by cwh2; 05/21/20.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have been hiking a steeper trail by my house 4x a week. .6 of a mile and 800 ft elevation gain with my son on my back in a kid backpack weighing about 40lbs. Going to start going further up now as it’s not burning as much as it did before. Some sets of stairs on the trail that really gets the heart rate going.

Pretty determined to kill some big stuff this fall.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by The_Yetti

Ran another 4 miles at lunch. Strava gave me credit for 4.5. Might have to look at another app, because this kind of defeats the purpose. Otherwise, I like the way Strava works although it is a little too "social" for me anyway. ETA: Yetti - Same here - it seems to be picking up a random point, and then I get an out and back to that point thrown in my results. I have also had it just quit tracking for a while, and short me on miles, but that hasn't happened in a whle.

Getting in a hike in the morning, I think I will try the Under Armour app, I tried it last year and it seemed pretty solid as well as it will give you mileage, elapse time and pace I believe, at every mile.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Getting in a hike in the morning, I think I will try the Under Armour app, I tried it last year and it seemed pretty solid as well as it will give you mileage, elapse time and pace I believe, at every mile.

I use the Under Armour app and I really like it. It gives consistent distance route outputs.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by philgood80

I use the Under Armour app and I really like it. It gives consistent distance route outputs.

I used it on friday, got a little over 3 miles in, seems very accurate and I like the time and pace that it tells you at every mile.

Page 37 of 67 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

204 members (280rem_cm, 12344mag, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 375TN, 18 invisible), 1,648 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,967
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.