Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
dave284 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
What brand do yo use and why?

I've never really used them, preferring to drain the tank and run the carb dry, but have decided to make an effort to get some non-ethanol gas for the small engines. It will take effort on my part to get it so I want to make it last as long as possible.

Doing a little research it's kinda like Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge vs Toyota. Everybody seems to like something different but the most common two appear to be Stabil and Seafoam. Plenty of people on the www. talking like chemist or experts in petroleum fuels and fuel additives and even they disagree.

What works for you?

Thanks.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This guy has an excellent video on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEf9Fdvx_Sc

On that note, I have moved to non-ethanol fuel after replacing fuel lines and carbs on my small engines. I usually use Sta-Bil if it takes me a while to use the fuel. However, I always run my chainsaws and small engines dry when I know I won't be using them for a while.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Seafoam

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by dave284

I've never really used them, preferring to drain the tank and run the carb dry, but have decided to make an effort to get some non-ethanol gas for the small engines. It will take effort on my part to get it so I want to make it last as long as possible.

Doing a little research it's kinda like Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge vs Toyota. Everybody seems to like something different but the most common two appear to be Stabil and Seafoam. Plenty of people on the www. talking like chemist or experts in petroleum fuels and fuel additives and even they disagree.

What works for you?

Thanks.
....................How do mean "stabilizer?".............Are you looking for a gas additive that simply cleans the fuel system, cleans dirty carbs/fuel injectors, removes deposits from valves and from combustion chambers? That type of additive?

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sta-Bil and non-eth gas in my snowblower; that's my only small engine device. My bottle of Sta-Bil was past its use-by date, so I started pouring it into my car tanks recently. We're driving so much less that the gas just doesn't get used up. And rather than throw the Sta-Bil away...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

D
dave284 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
BS, no not a cleaner. Something to keep it from going bad (phase separation) inside a month or two. Since I'm not cutting firewood anymore and don't weedeat but once a month or so my 2 cycle fuel will set for a good while before all of it gets used. I'll still drain the individual tanks back into the gas can ( and run them to empty the carb) but I'm looking to make the fuel in the can stay good for a while.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
One of the biggest scams ever to separate people from their money.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've heard you don't need a stabilizer in 2 cycle gas. After its had the oil added to it its supposed to be stable a long time. That's what the owner of the local Sinclair told me.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use canned gas sold at Lowes. No ethanol, and stabilized. Only problem it is expensive, but for lo use stuff like my weed wacker, it is problem free.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I did quite a bit of research on this a few weeks ago. I decided to use non-ethanol gas and PRI-G additive. My storage is for a generator. I'm going to sample the gas at 18 mos. and again at 2 years to see if it's still potent. I'll sample it every six months thereafter and see how long it's good for. I'm hoping for at least two years.

Tarquin
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had good results with Seafoam and gas up to two years old.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Seafoam

Because it works!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
BS, no not a cleaner. Something to keep it from going bad (phase separation) inside a month or two. Since I'm not cutting firewood anymore and don't weedeat but once a month or so my 2 cycle fuel will set for a good while before all of it gets used. I'll still drain the individual tanks back into the gas can ( and run them to empty the carb) but I'm looking to make the fuel in the can stay good for a while.
........................OK......Other than their products which I use in my Ram truck, motor oil, trans fluid, rear diff fluid plus their best gas additive, they just might carry the particular gas additive or stabilizer that you are looking for.

amsoil.com

I just love their products. A few products might come very close to equaling Amsoil products but none surpass them. Perhaps the best stuff on the planet....

Go on the amsoil site and see what they might have for ya.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I use stabil and sea foam.

It seems to work.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Thanks.

Sta-bil.

Because it stabilizes the fuel.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
We never.....ever mess with it.

Keep it out of the sun and you should be fine.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
We never.....ever mess with it.

Keep it out of the sun and you should be fine.

You serious, Clark?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sometimes we dont even put meat in it.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ethanol free and no additives, but I don’t keep it around for years.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
This idea that gas goes bad in weeks is absurd.

Gas today is far better than it was.

No one says the words Gum or Varnish any more.

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 75 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,776
Posts18,476,982
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.