Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by djs
I personally don't like abortion, but it is a medical issue between a woman and her doctor. There are many reasons why a woman wants an abortion, ranging from convenience to saving her life and all degrees in between. It is not my place to question her motives nor her doctor's. I do find it interesting that many here on the 'fire rail at any any suggestion of government intervention into THEIR own person lives, but favor governmental intervention into this medical issue.
Statement is too carte blanche - "it" sometimes may be a "medical issue between a woman and her doctor" if her pregnancy is affecting other bodily systems and causing threats to her physical health - and just what percentage of pregnancies cause that? A careful and truthful study of medical records would show that rate of incidence - but who cares? How does one explain the huge ballooning of performed abortions for "women's health" reasons once it became "legal" to obtain an abortion on demand simply because one wants one - for convenience or otherwise? ??Medical issues??

Medical issues or not, the decision is between a woman and her doctor. If god thinks it is wrong, let him punish them; unless you don't believe in a god and think you you need to have governmental interference in personal matters.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

grin

What? it's not even _A_ measure of a happy life grin I mean, we can't draw any inference at ALL? I thought the whole premise of this argument is about ending human lives.

Anyhoo...... I'm in an environment where unwanted pregnancies ain't an unusual event, of course there's a LOT of abortions I never hear about, but some I do, and in my experience usually leaves a permanent scar.

Also in my experience MOST abortions are not initiated by down and out drug addicts. Almost all abortions are for convenience.

And almost all moms who choose not to abort actually raise the kid themselves. often with outside help, like my Ex for example.

This is why the number of kids in foster homes etc... though large, is just a minuscule fraction of the number of unwed moms who choose to give birth.

This is all anecdotal bullshît.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
What I’m calling out is your appeal to some home grown observation about the suicide rates of children who were given up for adoption—then portending that not committing suicide is the measure of a happy life.

grin

What? it's not even _A_ measure of a happy life grin I mean, we can't draw any inference at ALL? I thought the whole premise of this argument is about ending human lives.

Anyhoo...... I'm in an environment where unwanted pregnancies ain't an unusual event, of course there's a LOT of abortions I never hear about, but some I do, and in my experience usually leaves a permanent scar.

Also in my experience MOST abortions are not initiated by down and out drug addicts. Almost all abortions are for convenience.

And almost all moms who choose not to abort actually raise the kid themselves. often with outside help, like my Ex for example.

This is why the number of kids in foster homes etc... though large, is just a minuscule fraction of the number of unwed moms who choose to give birth.

This is all anecdotal bullshît.

Are you living a happy life?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m living a life wrought with conflicting allegiances and competing obligations.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
At the halfway mark of this thread, post of the day goes to this fine gentleman. This is literally, almost verbatim.

Originally Posted by XXXXXXX
If you believe murder is wrong then don't commit one. But don't interfere with the right of others who disagree. It's a personal choice

Original poster's name has been removed out of compassion. I'm assuming it was a rough day for this fella.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m living a life wrought with conflicting allegiances and competing obligations.

Sounds, frustrating, tireless, rewarding and honest.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911
At the halfway mark of this thread, post of the day goes to this fine gentleman. This is literally, almost verbatim.

If you believe murder is wrong then don't commit one. But don't interfere with the right of others who disagree. It's a personal choice

Original poster's name has been removed out of compassion. I'm assuming it was a rough day for this fella.

I’m with him on this topic....😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No one's mind is going to change on this thread, even if it goes for 100 pages.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I’m with him on this topic....😎

If I understood you correctly, mark beavs down for "murder is a personal choice"

Dully noted! grin

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Abortion is gross.

BUUUUTTTTTTTTT, I have no interest in raising or funding anyone else's demon seed. So if the host and the baby daddy aren't going to do the job I'd just as soon they Hoover that thing out while its still a uterine loogie.

I also feel there should be provisions for late term abortion based on circumstances of my choosing (generally c.untiness) - lets call the limit whatever trimester Fireballz is that day + 1.

Last edited by hillestadj; 05/20/20.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What about clubbing some homeless kid to get his kidney that you need?

Someday brother, someday. It might come to that.

Rich folks need kidneys sometimes, ya' know

https://tubitv.com/movies/332938/repo_the_genetic_opera

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Slept real good last night!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
No one's mind is going to change on this thread, even if it goes for 100 pages.

There might be some changed or rather some who hadn't made up their minds might finally choose which side they are on. That's the purpose of debate. Not everybody out there has made a decision on every subject.There's lots of people in the middle. Those are the ones we need to target. Same with campaigning for political office. When campaigning your not trying to win the hearts of the true believers, you're trying to sway those in the middle who haven't made up their minds. Those are the ones who sway elections one way or the other.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
Slept real good last night!

Me too.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

So if walking down the street one day you observe a crazed thug strangling a 4-year blue eyed blonde with pigtales, yoiu'd not interfere with the rights of others who believe murder is not wrong? Becauase it's a personal choice?

OK. If you say so.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's the result of talking out both sides of your ass.

You're welcome.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
The human race is an amazing thing, the difference in us and animals is the ability to reason, some of us have a better level of reason than others, all of our lives have a different level of opportunities and difficulties, and all of us have different points of view in dealing with our daily activities, its blatantly obvious here that some people have the ability to think thru adversity and others whom see it as a time to simply shout how wrong reasoning is.

I'm big on saving my wife's life as I promised her I'd die trying, as for my daughter, I don't know for sure , I guess that would depend on how it would effect her puppy !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave
I find the idea of sucking a kid out of a womb to be abhorrent, but in 2020 I think it is reasonable to limit abortion to the first trimester. Regardless of circumstances.

If consensual sex is involved, I don't think abortion should be allowed without a biological father's consent.

As far as clubbing a homeless person for an organ, I'd have to know what that gig pays. Because homeless people are disgusting.

This may have been the most thought out post in this discussion. Especially the part about the biological father being involved. Is there anyone who is Pro-abortion that posted here on this thread that has ever regretted that your biological mother didn't at least give you a chance at making a life for yourself and thought it would have been better if mom had just said the hell with it, too much trouble to deal with this right now?

p.s. I'm not even sure if Travis was even really trying, sometimes it is hard for me to tell. He always is at least a step and a half ahead of me on the sarcasm scale, hard for me to keep up with him.

Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,086
Posts18,482,842
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.