Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Bought my hammerli \(\.177/\.22\) air gun when it first came out in 2007. Came with an RWS 350 scope.
I have babied it, no known damage from dropping an such. I have used it a LOT over the 13 years on vermits and birds and targets. I know how to hold it lightly and let it vibrate the same way each time.

It Always shot well until last week. I had been shooting starlings out my kitchen widow for a week when suddenly the shots were hitting two inches left. I adjusted the scope, it would work for 20 shots, and again began shooting left, Repeated this process three times. Shots always wondered left out of adjustment.

Scope appears to be tight.

anyone have an idea of what is going on?

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Scope may have died. Something may have come loose inside.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
What scopes would some of you recommend I buy for this gun?

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I have been looking at the lower end airgun scope market, and I have to say its all a little confusing.
Long story short, some Bushnells are OK on medium powered springers, Hawke says only the Airmax scopes are OK on springers, but ALL Burris are OK on any springer, period, per the people at Burris. I didnt call Leupold or Vortex, but rumor has it that they are OK too.
People also report that the Hammers 3-9x32 AO and the 3-9x40 AO are dependable on even heavy springers.

I'm sure there are others, but they dont make it easy to find out. And I'm not going to spend any more time looking.

So, depending on your needs and price range, I would say look for a replacement 350, try a Hammers or Bushnell Trophy, or buy an Airmax or a Burris.

I chose to buy a new Burris 3-9x40 with Ballistic Plex but not AO for $120+tax. I'm still looking for a Burris with AO for another gun. I'll have the parallax adjusted for airgun distances and I should have a setup that lasts for the rest of my life. I do like the simple Ballistic Plex for rimfire and airgun shooting.

Also, Bushnell has owned Tasco since 2012, and they have a new line of airgun specific scopes that are supposed to hold up. Color me pessimistic though.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've got a 6x42 Walther (Umarex) on my Walther 177 underlever that seems okay. Parallax adjustment down to 8m. I've only fired a couple of thousand rounds through it so far but seems to be hanging in there, but the rifle is pretty smooth for a springer. The scope was relatively inexpensive.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B2

N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Thanks kragman1 for your research and mauserand9mm for reporting on your satisfactory scope.
As soon as I get some chores finished I will dive back into selecting a scope.

Meanwhile I am not without an airgun, since a buddy left me one when he died a couple of years ago. So still having fun slaying invasive species of birds around my place.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 18 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,804
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.