Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I was hoping to run down to the lower 48 at the end of the month, but....

It's looking like Canada is going to extend the closing for another month.

Not what I was hoping to hear.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Buddy and neighbor have called the Canada Border Security Agency # 1-203-983-3500 on hold forever. They both had valid reasons for travel but border agents decide when you get there so you don't know if till you get to both borders. Commerce reasons or jobs seem to hold the most weight I am hearing.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We're seeing Alaskans returning up the Alcan but they can prove they are going home and self contained in motorhomes etc.
They claim you are allowed 24 hours to transit YT......Watson Lake to Beaver Creek.....600 miles.

just what I hear.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know soldiers pcsing are being allowed through. But nothing on there dependents. Also been told they are told only stop for fuel and keep on trucking..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Forget where I heard/read it, but you can stop for fuel, and take out food. If staying in a motel, you incur a 14 day quarantine.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Great feedback guys thank you.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by VernAK
We're seeing Alaskans returning up the Alcan but they can prove they are going home and self contained in motorhomes etc.
They claim you are allowed 24 hours to transit YT......Watson Lake to Beaver Creek.....600 miles.

just what I hear.

Boss just went through. 24 hours is correct.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Jeff
You up here yet or still in Texas?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A Yukon friend says vehicles with Alaska plates are not allowed to turn off the Alcan into Whitehorse.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Pack xtra fuel. More than usual, anyway.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Bender,
Do you figure that to be the stretch I'll be needing that extra fuel for.?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
Jeff
You up here yet or still in Texas?

Flight is May 27. Since nothing could go on up there, I just found small jobs here. They just moved my flight time up too. No telling how many times that will all change between now and next Wednesday and I'm still not done with my final job or repairing a fence down here that has to be finished... LOL. Life.

I'm ready to be gone though.. its been 96 98 and will be 100 plus today...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fuel can be bought in Whitehorse at Copper kettle they tell me but fuel on the Cassiar is almost impossible.

I'd call the Visitor's Center in Whitehorse to see if they have any updates.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
358wsm;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust other than being somewhat land locked up there this finds you well.

As I was coming back from town this morning trying to get some bits and pieces to continue a few projects, I heard the radio say that PM Shiny Pony just announced the border will be closed to non-essential travel until June 21.

Linky thing

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...h-pm-says-it-s-the-right-thing-1.4944793

Honestly I wish I could begin to deliver any good news coming from my homeland anymore - anything at all would be grand.... alas that tends not to be the case this spring.

Sorry I couldn't supply you with better news sir. All the best to you and do stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 358wsm

Bender,
Do you figure that to be the stretch I'll be needing that extra fuel for.?

Just a good idea, IMO&E, to carry an extra 5 gallons. I’ve run the spectrum from not having extra and nearly coasting into the pump on an empty tank and fumes, to having a full jug that was still full at the end of my trip.

Businesses may not be open yet and some may be even later opening because of the ‘rona. There are still, as of two years ago, stations that only sell fuel when they are open; i.e. no card lock. One pays inside.

As Vern mentioned, fuel is scarce on the Cassiar Hwy. available on each end and at Dease Lake.

Last edited by ironbender; 05/19/20.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BC30cal
358wsm;
Top of the morning to you sir, I trust other than being somewhat land locked up there this finds you well.

As I was coming back from town this morning trying to get some bits and pieces to continue a few projects, I heard the radio say that PM Shiny Pony just announced the border will be closed to non-essential travel until June 21.

Linky thing

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coron...h-pm-says-it-s-the-right-thing-1.4944793

Honestly I wish I could begin to deliver any good news coming from my homeland anymore - anything at all would be grand.... alas that tends not to be the case this spring.

Sorry I couldn't supply you with better news sir. All the best to you and do stay well.

Dwayne

PM shiny pony. LMAO!

Poor Justine!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
358wsm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

That is kind of funny. laugh
I've never heard him referred to like that.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
https://mustreadalaska.com/covid-update-zero-cases-border-remains-closed-while-costco-eases-up/

Meanwhile, Canada and the US have extended the agreement keeping the border closed to non-essential travel until June 21. Essential travel includes residents of Alaska going to and from the Lower 48, as well as workers who are transiting through Canada.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There has been a lot of speculation and talk. Here's the latest official information for travellers through Yukon.

https://yukon.ca/en/health-and-wellness/covid-19/information-people-entering-yukon

Click on the text, "Non-Yukon resident transiting through Yukon to reach Alaska...." for full details.

Trust you are all doing well as we get through this, which we will.

God bless,
Ted

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A Yukon friend says vehicles with Alaska plates are not allowed to turn off the Alcan into Whitehorse.

Hi Vern,

The pumps downtown are open to AK plates. In the meantime, some really important news.... first of the year!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Around 15 pounds or so, trolling in 5-10 feet of water as close to shore as possible without getting snagged up.

Still there. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Best,
Ted

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

285 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,039
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.