Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
May this specific outcome be your will.

If not please give me the grace to deal with it. Even if I don't understand why.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from courageouschristianfather.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
This a good thread, folks of Faith inspiring one another. I thank the OP.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I pray the politicians taking advantage of this mess will have it backfire on them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers

If you have a wife, she already knows you love her. She still likes to hear it from ya’ though.

My strategy is Keep them guessing, otherwise one
may get taken for granted.. grin

and they know if they eat too much - go over 110 lbs
and get plump, it's sayonara baby.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"Thy Will be done".

God Jesus is infinite in His wisdom. Often hard for us to understand.

Not only ask what you wish, but ask over and over again.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The physical world is man's dominion, the spirit is God's. Crediting or blaming God for worldly situations and desires is wrong.

Praying isn't a physical event, speaking words, making gestures... it's a spiritual connection through the Holy Spirit. We were born with the body and SPIRIT. When we pray for others we are sharing our spirit... our part of God... with another, there is power in that and the more that share their spirit the more power.

When praying for another we pray for strength, healing, understanding, spiritual wellness. We all suffer at times, eventually die, best we can hope for is a strong spirit at the end.

Praying for stuff is silly, even if you get it God didn't give it to you and if you didn't, God didn't withhold it.

God didn't kill any of our family, or victims of war, criminals, diseases, accidents... persecute, oppress, violate... that's us, that's the world we live in.

God just waits for us, our spirit. The Holy Spirit is our conduit to both God and each other, that communication is prayer.

Kent

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Pour your heart out, but always followed by YOUR will done, not mine. If your will is not my will, then get me on board with it, and in that, grant me peace and joy.

I am always hesitant to pray for a specific outcome. I am not God. In the model prayer, The Lord's Prayer, there is only one specific physical request, daily bread. Not next week's bread, next months bread, or next years bread. Daily bread.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
To many expect God to change the world for them when they should be asking him to change their spirit.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
An all knowing God would already know what anyone wants or needs.
But an Atheist only sees the outcome, doesn't recognize how the asking is of any benefit.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've never seen the ol' red and blues after nine IPA's and thought "Dear God! Let your will be done!"

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by krp
The physical world is man's dominion, the spirit is God's. Crediting or blaming God for worldly situations and desires is wrong.

Praying isn't a physical event, speaking words, making gestures... it's a spiritual connection through the Holy Spirit. We were born with the body and SPIRIT. When we pray for others we are sharing our spirit... our part of God... with another, there is power in that and the more that share their spirit the more power.

When praying for another we pray for strength, healing, understanding, spiritual wellness. We all suffer at times, eventually die, best we can hope for is a strong spirit at the end.

Praying for stuff is silly, even if you get it God didn't give it to you and if you didn't, God didn't withhold it.

God didn't kill any of our family, or victims of war, criminals, diseases, accidents... persecute, oppress, violate... that's us, that's the world we live in.

God just waits for us, our spirit. The Holy Spirit is our conduit to both God and each other, that communication is prayer.

Kent

Worth repeating!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
I've never seen the ol' red and blues after nine IPA's and thought "Dear God! Let your will be done!"

Not directed at you necessarily, and no offense intended, but God doesn't hear the prayer's of an unbeliever anyway. He knows your heart when nobody else does.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Not directed at you necessarily, and no offense intended, but God doesn't hear the prayer's of an unbeliever anyway. He knows your heart when nobody else does.

He also says you shouldn't judge other people's salvation.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Please prove this.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
God's will was done at the separation of man and God, whether Adam and Eve were a 100% true event or a simple parable explaining a very complicated reality... God has allowed the freedom, free will of man to make of this world what we will. The more we embrace the spirit the more we move toward God and away from the world.

Christ's life lesson is often ignored by our worldly desires. Doesn't matter if we are persecuted, tortured, hungry, thirsty, unjustly convicted, die a terrible death, die young... the physical doesn't matter really.

Kent

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I don't ask for God to do anything for me....I only ask God to give me the tools to do for myself. Those "tools" can be guidance, wisdom , strength etc As an example, If I am broke, it is most likely my own fault and I won't ask for money. I will however ask for the wisdom to make better decisions, or the opportunity to be able to work and earn more money.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Being some help, even if only small help showing the non believers the Way is no small part of our job on this earth'

Let mister Lane explain a bit.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

That makes sense.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Pour your heart out, but always followed by YOUR will done, not mine. If your will is not my will, then get me on board with it, and in that, grant me peace and joy.

I am always hesitant to pray for a specific outcome. I am not God. In the model prayer, The Lord's Prayer, there is only one specific physical request, daily bread. Not next week's bread, next months bread, or next years bread. Daily bread.

And lead us not into temptation (trials).

Curious how many read the sermon I linked to before responding?

When Jesus asked if this cup can be removed, he was being specific. He also humbled Himself and honored God by agreeing to any outcome (despite asking for something different).

Honor God by giving thanks for everything, but pray for anything with the right intentions.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

454 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,460
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.