Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RDW
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kMFF7_1551740367

Pit Bulls Are The Official Dog of Mayhem:
Animal organizations, shelters, and rescuers save pit bulls at the expense of other animals and people. Don't listen to their "advice." They only care about pit bulls, not anyone else. There are thousands of news accounts of these constantly occurring attacks.

Pit Bulls Are The Official Dog of Mayhem. Here we go again and again and again. If we can’t have cougars as pets, then we shouldn’t be able to have pit bull type-dogs.

I agree all dogs can bite. The issue with pit bulls is the degree of damage they inflict, and their attacks being more likely to result in fatality.

PEOPLE WAKE-UP AND LISTEN TO THE MEDICAL EXPERTS NOT TO NAIVE PIT BULL OWNERS!

13 Medical peer-reviewed studies that prove pit bull type-dogs are dangerous as pets. Level 1 trauma center dog bite studies from all geographical regions in the U.S. are reporting a higher prevalence of pit bull type dogs injuries than all other breeds of dogs. In many cases, the studies (2011 to 2018) also report that pit bull injuries have a higher severity of injury and require a greater number of operative interventions. https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-studies-level-1

THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY STATES TO KEEP CHILDREN AWAY FROM PIT BULLS!

Dr. Golinko, who did the largest dog bite study to date, states pit bulls are a danger to children. https://www.facebook.com/thefifthestate/videos/1015585491574 and
www.nationalpitbullvictimawareness.org/expert-opinions/

Does this sound like a normal and safe dog breed to have live in our neighborhoods? Pit Bull Rescue Central recommends ALL pit bull owners to have a "break stick", a wedge-shaped piece of wood used to pry open a pit bull’s jaw during an attack. "Since pit bulls have a strong fighting background, we recommend that pet owners also have a breaking stick as a precaution." blog.dogsbite.org/2008/09/break-sticks-tool-used-to-pry-open

Common Sense: Pit bulls have been bred for centuries for illegal blood sports. They are the #1 canine killer of people, pets and livestock of all dog breeds combined. They have a genetically inbred trait for unpredictable explosive aggression that cannot ever be trained out of them. Simple noises and movement can trigger the pit bull's prey drive into a deadly attack. This is not a safe breed trait to have in a family pet. They were bred to be lethal and they are every day. We need breed safety laws to keep our communities safe.

I had read this one on another forum a while back and in the comments section was, “Their behavior is remarkably similar to black people “.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
2 days ago the growler [wife] and I encountered a very large pit off the leash on a mountain trail. I was ready to do a mag dump on it but the big smile and wagging tail deterred me. I think it is kind of like people, target ID is important. I told the owners that they were lucky that their dog was still alive, they thought that it was funny and that their dog was a lover. If your dog is off the leash he is a potential target.

mike r

It does look like they are smiling with some of their facial expressions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
seen it happen twice. one on one.

Not doubting your word. Just questioning the temperment of the Rotts.

when I was in my early twenties had friends who had both, they fought them and bet on it to settle the argument about which would win. the rotts had the advantage early on but tired much quicker than the pits, couldn't outlast them. if the rotts had got a good hold early it could have gone the other way.

I have friends and acquaintances in another state. They have very good, close knowledge of the underground dog fighting circle. The fights are all pit bull -vs- pit bull. The one (closest) friend also is a Rott breeder. He produces pups that are of the VERY highest quality and the vast majority of them go to be service dogs. We have one of his pups........a 2 year old male that goes right around 110 lbs and has the "alpha male" temperament. He's not done bulking yet.

Anyhoo............. Me and him were talking one day and I really don't know the exact lead up to this quote.........but this is exactly what he said to me.......... " I know pit bulls. They ain't a pit bull in this state stand a chance against one of these Rotts".

Just passing on what I was told by a man intimately knowledgeable to both sides. Mine has never had to right a pit bull. But I would NOT put my $$ on the pit bull if it happened.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Calling how many of either Pits or Rotts have you owned in your lifetime ?? What's your resume' of expertise or experience ??

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I’ve 2 half Anatolian half sarplaninac. They are not for everyone and not house dogs. But they aren’t pitbulls either. They are still bred for a purpose.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It’s hard to believe those two are the same breed?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The one with the black face is a good lookin dog. 👍

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kingston
I’ve 2 half Anatolian half sarplaninac. They are not for everyone and not house dogs. But they aren’t pitbulls either. They are still bred for a purpose.

The light colored one looks ok - the darker blueish grey - no way i'd trust that one .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
I just got a call from a good friend, he and his dog were attacked by a pit bull today. He was taken by ambulance to a major trauma center here, bypassing two other hospitals. He said he's OK but feels like there is some serious damage to his one arm, at a minimum. He may have been in shock when he called.

His son has taken the dog to an emergency vet. The dog was in tough shape and was just spayed this past week.

He asked me to give him a ride home from the hospital when he's all bandaged up.........

Sue the (bleep) oughta the owner. Unfortunately the low life, like most pit owners, probably doesn't have any assets or insurance.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ol_mike

The light colored one looks ok - the darker blueish grey - no way i'd trust that one .

Yah he’s an [bleep]. The pretty one thinks everyone likes to pet and have big ass hairy dogs lean on them

MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
There's a solution to pit bulls that does not involve a gun.

They're called Rottweilers. Just let go of the leash and watch them do what they do.

Wanna consistently stop a Pit Bull using another dog? Better think in the neighborhood of a Kurdish Kangal, Anitolian Shepherd, Caucasian Ovcharka etc. Very large flock guardians would be the way to go.

Great advice, if a bunch of people start buying Rottweilers and Caucasian Ovcharkas and Turkish Kangals to protect them from pitbulls then we'll have an outbreak of Rottweiler and Caucasian Ovcharka and Turkish Kangal maulings.

Stick to the smaller and less harmless breeds and leave large dogs to those who require them, like the police. If you aren't a first responder and don't need to herd livestock you can probably don't need anything more than a Yorkie or Cocker Spaniel.

[Linked Image from i.barkpost.com]

What a nice dog. I'm sure people will be a lot safer with a ton of these around.
[Linked Image from petsworld.in]

My wife still has eye problems because of a Cocker Spaniel bite 50+ years ago.

Life is good live it while you can.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Yah he’s an [bleep]. The pretty one thinks everyone likes to pet and have big ass hairy dogs lean on them

smile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

One of them almost killed me.

Twice.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
There's a solution to pit bulls that does not involve a gun.

They're called Rottweilers. Just let go of the leash and watch them do what they do.

Wanna consistently stop a Pit Bull using another dog? Better think in the neighborhood of a Kurdish Kangal, Anitolian Shepherd, Caucasian Ovcharka etc. Very large flock guardians would be the way to go.

Great advice, if a bunch of people start buying Rottweilers and Caucasian Ovcharkas and Turkish Kangals to protect them from pitbulls then we'll have an outbreak of Rottweiler and Caucasian Ovcharka and Turkish Kangal maulings.

Stick to the smaller and less harmless breeds and leave large dogs to those who require them, like the police. If you aren't a first responder and don't need to herd livestock you can probably don't need anything more than a Yorkie or Cocker Spaniel.

[Linked Image from i.barkpost.com]

What a nice dog. I'm sure people will be a lot safer with a ton of these around.
[Linked Image from petsworld.in]

My wife still has eye problems because of a Cocker Spaniel bite 50+ years ago.

Most outwardly aggressive dog I ever had in my life was an American Cocker.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
Do not recommend 22 Long rifle.

I don't either, but they will work....personal experience. My preference would be a shotgun with smallish buckshot, say #2 or #3. FWIW, I do not tolerate aggressive dogs on my turf at any time. A mutt can wander by and I don't GAS, but snarling or barking trips my trigger.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by reivertom
I'll never own a dog I can't whip in a fight.

Now, or 30 years ago? grin

30 years ago, I'd have been willing to take on any dog that walks with my bare hands............

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

30 years ago, I'd have been willing to take on any dog that walks with my bare hands............

Uhhh, yeah.

If you say so,
Grins

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
What's the best cartridge/load combination for a pit bull?
After eliminating anywhere from 4 to 10 a year for over 30 years I recommend any good deer bullet from 62 grain up from .223 up and 2500 fps up applied behind the front leg.
Sounds like high shoulder shots work....Mr. Hasting, how did you find yourself airing out 4-10 Pits a year? SWAT Cop hitting drug houses would probably have that amount of contact with PB.😎
We have a few cattle on a little over a 100 acre pasture that abuts some black folks property on which there are many trailer houses and extended family. They own pits and pit hybrids such as chow cross, Alaskan Husky cross, and mixed in with Catahoula cur. All of which are catch dogs and they breed indiscriminately. Get the idea?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Despite the vile claims of dog breedists, science has shown that there is only one breed of dog: the dog breed.
The fact that pit bulls are only 6.5% of the dog population and yet responsible for 74% of fatal dog attacks has nothing to do with breed.
This is the result of poor dog training.
If we want to stop pit bull attacks, we need to cut the breedist language and focus on giving more money to programs that train pit bulls not to kill so many human children.
After all, there are mixed breeds of dogs, meaning that there is no such thing as breeds of dogs. There is no pure dog breed.
You can help the pit bull struggle for liberation from breedism by becoming a pit bull ally, and standing up to people who claim that pit bull attacks are related to their breed. Arm yourself with the scientific facts that dog breeds are a social construct and all dogs are exactly the same. Then if you’re in public or among friends and family and you find someone saying that pit bulls are dangerous, shut them down.
As long as pit bulls are being oppressed and disenfranchised because of unscientific theories about the existence of “breeds” of dogs, no dog will ever be free.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
What's the best cartridge/load combination for a pit bull?

I know for a fact that a standard 5.56 AR will work.

Details requested...How many rounds did you let loose? What was your target area?...Head, heart, behind the shoulder or did you go with a Swiss Cheese look?

😬😎

Early one morning a few years back, when we were snowed in with almost a foot of snow, 2 Pits, from the white trash neighbors on the other side of the hill, chased one of my mom's (lives next door) dogs into her garage and were trying to kill him. She called me on the phone hollering & crying, and I took off out the door in pajama pants, Crocs, and my AR loaded with standard 55 grain FMJ. When I came around the corner of her car, they bowed up on me, so I just snapped off a round center mass on the closest. It didn't kill him immediately, but he wouldn't have lasted long. He staggered out in the yard wheezing & bubbling, and I finished him off with another round behind the shoulder. The other one was a schittin' and a gittin' around the corner, so I missed him. I've been patiently waiting ever since for a rematch with him, but that damned dog is smarter than he looks. He stays on the other side of the hill where I can't get a shot at him.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You do have a way with words !

Good one.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Uhhh, yeah.

If you say so,
Grins

Oh, I would have. I might have lost, but I'd have been game to try it. You know what they say about young, dumb, and full of ***..................... crazy

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,818
Posts18,477,702
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.