Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Salty303
Yeah I lived literally on the coast for quite a while. All that rain makes your rig look nice and clean all the time smile Till your roof rack starts dribbling rust tracks down the body and the frame and everything bolted to it starts to look like it just got pulled up from the bottom of the sea frown

Scrape off the rusty scale and paint paint paint every year. Whatever color "white" you have hangin' around. It works on tugs and fishing boats............no problem on a van.

Of course, until you get it in the yard for a rebuild and can sandblast it, your van will just gain a few pounds every year. Whatever solids are left after the volatiles are gone!

Rattle can white a few times a year to cover the rust streaks from the ladder rack. She’s ready to roll and make money. 😎

You should have seen my old 86 Toyota 2wd pick up. We bought in coastal Nor Cal in 1997 or 98. Moved to NW PA (salt on the roads) in 99, then to mountains in AZ, then eventually to Juneau (more salt air). By the time I got rid of it in 2011 or so the silver truck had 4-5 different shades of silver/gray on it, Krylon and off brands.

It was beautiful.

Sorry I sold it, the dude I sold it to must have let it die out. I saw it around town in WA for a year or so, then no more. Newish 4Wheel Parts suspension under it, maybe only 50K on a rebuild (+/-325K total). Sure wish I had it now for running to town for straw and chicken feed.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can of corn Wally.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nice rig, Beav.

But it is missing a creepy bubble window on each side! I will buy them if you promise to install...

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911
Nice rig, Beav.

But it is missing a creepy bubble window on each side! I will buy them if you promise to install...

“Buy it Now” on Amazon...79S is sending me his “Free Candy” stencil for each side of the kiddie buggy.

😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Stabbin cabin

That was a boat, Beav don’t do boats!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Leveling kit and dual it out .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Put an ice cream PA system on it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Beav’s been busy the last few days...I finally retired my old 97 Ford e250 extended van with 247k miles for a new 1997 Ford e250 standard length work van with 51k miles.

I’ve been looking for a year to replace my old war horse van. Last week I found the same van, same year, same solid TritonV8 engine, but with only 51k miles on it, in excellent condition, with new brakes and tires. Service records indicated maintenance done at a Ford dealership like clockwork.

I had passed on several newer vans that came with interior cabinets and drawers already installed, preferring to build out the inside to fit my painting needs.

Van was listed at $7995, I bought it for $5980. I have $570 dollars in timber and miscellaneous do-dads to complete the interior.

Let’s take a look.

The Van

The ladder rack from my older van...Had to take the grinder and steel bristled head to clean up some light rust spots on the tubing and brackets. Gave everything a good coat of primer, then attacked everything with oil based, marine paint. Back to original condition.

The interior build consisted of eight 2x12x8’ Doug Fir. One 2x4x8’. Six 1x4x8’ and six sheets of 1/2” standard grade plywood. Sheet metal screws-various lengths, and torqx head 3.5 inch deck screws. I had a few sticks of 1x4” cedar I used for making drawer dividers.

The plan was to lay out a new plywood floor, covering the rubber floor coating that was already installed. Then build 3 drawers. Two 5’ ft long drawers in the rear, and one 4’ ft long drawer that would be reached from the side sliding door.

My thought was to use the huge drawers to carry brushes, roller cages/roller heads, masking tape and house prep equipment, getting it out of the way and cutting down on the number of shelves I had in my old van.

I use the top of the drawers that are covered in 1/2 plywood to load all my smaller ladders, drop sheets, sprayers, and paint for a project. I still needed a couple of shelves for items, so I built in two 10.5 wide x 7’ft long shelves on the left side of the van.

I left openings on the right and left side for 5 gallon buckets and additional items that just need a spot. My long poles will be placed in brackets on the interior roof. Broom and sprayer hose will find a home on hooks and the right side of the van.

More...😎

I’d put a set of 35x12.50 mud terrains on there just for the optics. Can you make the front set up about 3” higher Than the back too ??

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Congrats on the new van and awesome work, Beave!

Nice touch giving the old one to the landscaper.

Thanks LD...Rough cutting and screwing timber together is a close as I can get to finish carpentry. The rest gets caulked in and painted. Laffin 😎

Looks great. Don't worry. You built it tough to take a beating.. Like, you know it will. Lol. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Maybe a fake (or not) 50 cal rotating turret out the top, for the handful of Oregon patriots left in the state?

Beav, this is a MOBILE BILLBOARD for your business.

Make it count.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
“Beaver’s Boutique Painting”

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Get a chain link steering wheel and some fuzzy dice for your rear view mirror

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by slumlord
Stabbin cabin

That was a boat, Beav don’t do boats!

Fact, or water.

Beaver is a land lover.

😟😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks good and sturdy! 2x12's for drawer sides ought to last you about 30 years. You are bringing back memories for me.....

I started out in construction in Utah as a laborer in 1972 doing mostly concrete and pipe laying work. Decided I wanted to move up out of the dirt and mud, and save my knees, so took a job with my BIL framing houses and learning carpentry.

Then I worked for a cabinet maker for a year or so, and an architect building tilt up concrete molds. I decided I could make more money if I worked for myself so I got a carpentry and remodeling license in 1978 , followed by a GC license in 1983.
I had a red Ford Econoline as a work truck and it was great for the job. I welded up the roof rack and built it out myself as you have done.

In 1990 we moved to Henderson; work was slow in Utah and Nevada was having a building boom. I took a temporary job with the City while I waited for my Contractors license to come through. The city job was as a "Carpenter/Painter" (ever hear of that trade designation?). My dad taught my brother and I rudimentary painting skills growing up.

I did the painting on all of my remodeling jobs, if the owners didn't want to do it themselves. We did everything on my jobs from the ground up, except for plumbing, electrical, and hvac.; so concrete, framing carpentry, roofing, drywall, painting and finish carpentry were in-house.

The temp job with Henderson City turned out to be permanent and I worked my way up from the Carpenter/Painter position to Superintendent of Facilities and then moved to the Construction Management division for the last few years of my career.

After putting on the shirt and tie for the later years and managing people, what I missed most was just what you are doing; driving around in my own truck full of tools and being self employed.

Haven't dumped like that for awhile, take it for what it's worth and I hope you're very successful with your painting buisness.

P.S. I always favored Purdy or Wooster brushes. I haven't seen any of those Proform brushes around here; they any good?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911
Maybe a fake (or not) 50 cal rotating turret out the top, for the handful of Oregon patriots left in the state?

Beav, this is a MOBILE BILLBOARD for your business.

Make it count.

Militant Painting shouldn’t offend people, no?

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Get a chain link steering wheel and some fuzzy dice for your rear view mirror

Need a good musical sound to attract...Suggestions?

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Congrats on the new van and awesome work, Beave!

Nice touch giving the old one to the landscaper.

Thanks LD...Rough cutting and screwing timber together is a close as I can get to finish carpentry. The rest gets caulked in and painted. Laffin 😎

Looks great. Don't worry. You built it tough to take a beating.. Like, you know it will. Lol. smile

One exterior paint job and it’s broke in with hand marks from paint. Need to run the 32’ft extension through a back window to make it perfect. In time, this will happen.

😎

“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Militant Patriotic Painting shouldn’t offend people, no?

😎

No smile

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bearver Bruh,

Dudes around here got it all wrong. Gun turrets and mudder tires. WTF?

No way Jose.

Slam that bitch. You ain't takin' it off road are you? Good set of hydraulics on it, some purple flake paint, dingle balls around the windshield, picture of a beautiful chiquita on the sides, and a La Cucaracha horn.

Similar to what I'm talkin' bout (NSFW, explixit musik) :

Thank me later,

Geno

PS, the chain steering wheel ain't a bad idea

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, not what i was expecting.

Thought the was gonna be Beav’s Rolling Pimp Show.
Boom boom room on wheels.

Crushed red velvet seats. Shag carpet. Hand sanitizer dispenser by the sliding door.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,499
Posts18,490,472
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.