-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did the pit bull that was attacked with escrima sticks die from his injuries? The injuries inflicted by the sticks?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
You would be surprised. Note the use of the words "proper" and "correctly".

Ok.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lapua6547
Originally Posted by stxhunter
for fun and meat.

That's easy. You're not on a timer to save a life.
No comparison.....

I've been in other situations, but I always have a pistol on me. not knocking what you had to do.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
sarcasm and satire are hard to discern from seriousness when you’ve lived most of your life under mama or your wife’s apron.

Must’ve never had your uncle ‘pull your leg’ or even worse, missed out on gettin your ass kicked on a playground.

I’m that guy who’s got a PhD in having his leg pulled and another in having his ass kicked on a playground, but I completed both before I was 10.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
My dog lived and the other died because I picked up what would do the job on the way.

What a gun of worked better? Absolutely.

Start the timer when the unknown is in front of you.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Win.

IC B2

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Let's just hope none of you have to encounter this.

Every second is precious between life and death....

Last edited by lapua6547; 05/25/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My dog lived and the other died because I picked up what would do the job on the way.
Start the timer when the unknown is in front of you.Improvise, adapt, overcome. Win.
I'm impressed if you killed a grown pit bull with a stick. I'm not that brave so I am packing always.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Had one of my hounds attacked by a pit bull 2 weeks ago, dog went through the screen door while walking my dog with one thing in his mind, my dog. He came out and bit onto my dogs back hams and wouldnt let go untill I drop kicked the SOB in the throat, then he staggered off turned around and I fogged him down with a 10 second burst of bear mace, that ended it, next would have been the sig 220, anti pitbull suppressor. Owner ended up paying the $241 vet bill for my dog. Biggest problem now is that dog attack once and more likely again, might be a kid next time

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by Hastings
Start the timer when the unknown is in front of you.Improvise, adapt, overcome. Win.
I'm impressed if you killed a grown pit bull with a stick. I'm not that brave so I am packing always.

No need to be impressed. We do what we do to protect loved ones.

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by gemby58
Had one of my hounds attacked by a pit bull 2 weeks ago, dog went through the screen door while walking my dog with one thing in his mind, my dog. He came out and bit onto my dogs back hams and wouldnt let go untill I drop kicked the SOB in the throat, then he staggered off turned around and I fogged him down with a 10 second burst of bear mace, that ended it, next would have been the sig 220, anti pitbull suppressor. Owner ended up paying the $241 vet bill for my dog. Biggest problem now is that dog attack once and more likely again, might be a kid next time

Shoot the fuucker.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
What's the best cartridge/load combination for a pit bull?

If I could carry in town 12 gauge double barrel coach gun loaded with 2 3/4" mag with a 1 1/2 oz of #4, but since I cant carry that my sig 220 45 acp goes with me along with bear mace for the ower

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Every second in precious between life and death....

actually I have when my pit attacked me one morning, I had to choke him almost to death, he was killed later that day but I had to spend the night in the hospital, got pins in one finger plus a bunch of stitches in the fingers on both hands.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L

Every second in precious between life and death....

actually I have when my pit attacked me one morning, I had to choke him almost to death, he was killed later that day but I had to spend the night in the hospital, got pins in one finger plus a bunch of stitches in the fingers on both hands.

So you know. Time is not our friend. We do what we have to do.

Glad you survived.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Another pit discouraged with bear spray, with the three I did with it makes four. Only problem with mine is, since they never actually made contact, how intent they REALLY were remains unknown. They sure LOOKED serious tho. But in ten years walking/running my dogs through bad neighborhoods they never got bit, 'cept briefly by that one rot that snuck up from behind.

I will say this, I not infrequently ran into loose pit bulls, and even most of these were turned back with me shouting and posturing.

Bear spray ain't a substitute for deadly force, but I'm glad this tool was available tho.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I like pit bulls and have had a number of them through the years. My last one was Ruby, and I had to put her down a few months ago at 14 years old. She saved my wife's life when my last Catahoula turned on her for some unknown reason. We've had 3 Catahoula Leopard dogs that I put down because they got to aggressive and we couldn't control them, I won't give that breed any more chances. No more big dogs for us were planning on traveling and been thinking about a Jack Russell or some other kind of ankle biter.

Life is good live it while you can.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Shoot the fuucker.

Already talked to my buddy that's a state police and he said unless I was attacked I would be in trouble shooting the dog, bear mace works great to pitbull changes there mind fast, plus it turns them orange

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by Hastings
Did the pit bull that was attacked with escrima sticks die from his injuries? The injuries inflicted by the sticks?

Fractured scull.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My next dog will be a JRT.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
My next dog will be a JRT.

JRTs are good dogs. 3 at the same time is too much.

I now have a very friendly Schnoodle. No aggression at all.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I like pit bulls and have had a number of them through the years. My last one was Ruby, and I had to put her down a few months ago at 14 years old. She saved my wife's life when my last Catahoula turned on her for some unknown reason. We've had 3 Catahoula Leopard dogs that I put down because they got to aggressive and we couldn't control them, I won't give that breed any more chances. No more big dogs for us were planning on traveling and been thinking about a Jack Russell or some other kind of ankle biter.

Dang! I hate to hear that about your Catahoulas. We have one now that is a great family dog.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1Longbow, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,219 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,055
Posts18,482,315
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.