Page 11 of 44 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 43 44
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
In the end, it doesn't matter what happened leading up to the knee in the neck, and even the knee in the neck itself may not be the ultimate issue.

But when a suspect is in custody, their walfare, and right to medical care, is 100% the responsibility of the arresting officer.

This has been upheld as an 8th amendment right over, and over, and over. The case law on this is OVERWHELMING.

So if the coroner says the man in custody died of an OD, a heart attack, a stroke, or something not caused by the knee, the cop is still fired and faces a massive civil lawsuit. The second he recognized the man in custody was out, he should have been calling for help, rolling the man over, checking vitals, starting CPR. That is 100% his responsibility to a man in custody. That is covered in the first week of POST training. "In custody 101". And, common sense. And, just being a decent fuggin' human being.

The cop never did. And it was OBVIOUS he knew the man had lost consciousness. His entire demeanor changed and he looked down multiple times and got a bit agitated.

If the coroner says the death was caused by the knee, the cop is guilty of murder.

The autopsy will tell the tale.

It will tell the tale of "fired, civil suites, and possibly manslaughter"..............

or,

"murder"

The cop is 100% fugged.

I remember one instructor tell class, (paraphrased), "if a man dies while in your custody, you better look busy saving his life"

All of the above is yet to be seen and determined. Good lawyers can defray much and they’ll have to for sure. The video is pretty damning.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I wonder how many would change their tune if they had to walk in those cops’ shoes for a month.

^^^^^^^^^This 100 times over.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wonder how many so quick to accuse would have the b.lls to walk in their shoes for a day, not many. It takes a special breed to do a thankless job. Unfortunately there are bad ones that tarnish all the good ones (if you believe the media).

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
In the end, it doesn't matter what happened leading up to the knee in the neck, and even the knee in the neck itself may not be the ultimate issue.

But when a suspect is in custody, their walfare, and right to medical care, is 100% the responsibility of the arresting officer.

This has been upheld as an 8th amendment right over, and over, and over. The case law on this is OVERWHELMING.

So if the coroner says the man in custody died of an OD, a heart attack, a stroke, or something not caused by the knee, the cop is still fired and faces a massive civil lawsuit. The second he recognized the man in custody was out, he should have been calling for help, rolling the man over, checking vitals, starting CPR. That is 100% his responsibility to a man in custody. That is covered in the first week of POST training. "In custody 101". And, common sense. And, just being a decent fuggin' human being.

The cop never did. And it was OBVIOUS he knew the man had lost consciousness. His entire demeanor changed and he looked down multiple times and got a bit agitated.

If the coroner says the death was caused by the knee, the cop is guilty of murder.

It will tell the tale of "fired, civil suites, and possibly manslaughter"..............

or,

"murder"

The cop is 100% fugged.

I remember one instructor telling our class, (paraphrased), "if a man dies while in your custody, you better look busy saving his life"

# WelfareNotWalfare

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The Duck O Death is back to making predictions.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Some of you guys need to watch the video again, and pay close attention. The guy is talking plain as day. The cops knee is not depressing anywhere near where the carotid artery could be compressed. As to the perp, all you can see is is head and a little shoulder(that would be his front shoulder for some). We have no idea how big the guy was, what drugs or other influences he may have been under or other violent tendencies leo were experiencing during the altercation. It appeared the other officer/s were giving him commands to which he would start struggling when the pressure was let off to allow him to get up. You can't see what the other officers were dealing with behind the car so no idea what the purp may have had in his hands. A lot you can't see or know and only a little of what you can.

The man was calling for help. Their duty is to help him, not kill him. It's not complicated.

I've spent a lot of time in the rougher areas of certain places and one this is common: criminals always yell out that they aren't resisting as they are resisting, taking cheap shots at the arresting cops (genital grabbing, eye poking, scratching, etc.) and getting a crowd to give them cover.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Isn’t Minnysoda where the patrol officer shot and killed the black cafeteria worker on a traffic stop? How’d that turn out?
If I remember correctly, the deceased failed to show his hands as instructed by LE. Like already stated, cops wanna go home after their shift to see their loved ones just like everyone else mostly.

For the linked story, The guy was breaking the law and LEs had to be called. Maybe I misheard the audio ,but I believe he refused to get in the patrol car after being cuffed. WTF were they supposed to do??? They adhered to their training it seems like. That officer is not 250 pounds either like someone said here.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
what u already said u hate cops make up yer mind

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

or,

"murder"

The cop is 100% fugged.

I remember one instructor tell class, (paraphrased), "if a man dies while in your custody, you better look busy saving his life"

All of the above is yet to be seen and determined. Good lawyers can defray much and they’ll have to for sure. The video is pretty damning.

We will have to agree to disagree. The man in custody ended up in an obvious health crisis - IT DOESN'T MATTER THE REASON!!! The arresting officers made NO MOVE to help him. There is nothing to prove there. The dead man was on the ground and there was ZERO effort to assess his condition, help him, etc.

If the coroner comes back and says the guy died because he was diabetic and went hypoglycemic, and it has *nothing* to do with the restraint, he cops are still done. They didn't help the man in obvious distress (passed out/dead/whatever)

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

#HesAnExperton911

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AZmark
I wonder how many would change their tune if they had to walk in those cops’ shoes for a month.

I wonder how many so quick to accuse would have the b.lls to walk in their shoes for a day, not many. It takes a special breed to do a thankless job. Unfortunately there are bad ones that tarnish all the good ones (if you believe the media).

Poor excuse is better than none?

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

# WelfareNotWalfare

I appreciate the spelling error shout out. I will try SO much harder next time. cool

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

LOL

#HesAnExperton911

Naaa, just had it drilled into my brain that a suspect in custody is MY responsibility. There is a reason why you see cops pumping the chest of a murder suspect they just shot.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by sse
what u already said u hate cops make up yer mind

What is inconsistent about saying I hate cops and then saying that they are often provoked by suspects? Am I supposed to lie to bolster my opinion of cops?

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I wonder what goes wrong in a mans head to cause him to embrace the behaviors of a fascist police state.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

LOL

#HesAnExperton911

Naaa, just had it drilled into my brain that a suspect in custody is MY responsibility. There is a reason why you see cops pumping the chest of a murder suspect they just shot.

Duck O Death,

I would love to hear who trained you to administer CPR to a subject after you shot them.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

LOL

#HesAnExperton911

This, is an accurate statement. smile

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
lol

LOL

#HesAnExperton911

Duck O Death,

I would love to hear who trained you to administer CPR to a subject after you shot them.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by AZmark

If you cant do your job without breaking the law, its time to change jobs.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

LOL

#HesAnExperton911

Well, he's been in the trenches, so there's that.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’m afraid that if The Duck continues, this arrest could go exponential.

Page 11 of 44 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1badf350, 1936M71, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,702
Posts18,475,262
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.