Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Eileen has decided to extend the 15% off sale on all the books we've written, as well as subscriptions to RIFLE LOONY NEWS, through June 21st, Father's Day. Just type Sale, exactly like that, in the coupon on the site, or call 406-521-0273.

Also, Eileen started a recipe blog on R&R a few weeks ago. She posts a new recipe every week (or tries to, she missed one). Just click on BLOG at the top of the page, and a bunch of food photos will appear (mostly game but some dessert), along with a short description. Click on a photo and the recipe will appear.

G-morning ...... Any idea the shipping cost to Canada for Gun Gack?

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
It's pretty pricey. When we first started the website it was around $6, but it's more like $20 now. Don't know why it increased so much, but it's probably due to security checks with stuff crossing the border.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok thanks. That's getting a bit expensive esp with the exchange.

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yeah. it is. Some of our Canadian readers get around it by getting together with other rifle loonies and hunters and ordering several, which can be shipped in the same package, reducing the cost per book. Several of the guys in western Canada, relatively near the U.S. border, rent a PO box in a U.S. border town and have our books (and other stuff) shipped there, driving across and checking the box every now and then. But I imagine that wouldn't be very feasible where you live....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah. it is. Some of our Canadian readers get around it by getting together with other rifle loonies and hunters and ordering several, which can be shipped in the same package, reducing the cost per book. Several of the guys in western Canada, relatively near the U.S. border, rent a PO box in a U.S. border town and have our books (and other stuff) shipped there, driving across and checking the box every now and then. But I imagine that wouldn't be very feasible where you live....

I am only 1hr from Maine so that is another option except the border is closed to non-essential crossings. I may do that anyways and let it sit there till things straighten out.

Thanks

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
You're welcome! That sounds like a solution.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're welcome! That sounds like a solution.

I talked to Eileen this aft. and ordered GG #1. She is the right person for phone sales. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm enjoying the Hell outa the ones I ordered. I turned the cookbook over to the China Doll for the time being. She's pretty impressed with what a stone cold killer Ms. Clarke is!

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
I passed the "stone cold" comment along to Eileen. She isn't as bloodthirsty as when she started hunting, but is pretty determined when the freezer still has some space to be filled.

Maybe 10 years ago, when I was writing regularly for GUNS magazine, one of my articles included a photo of Eileen with a Burchell's zebra she took in South Africa. One of the odd things about GUNS was that even though Elmer Keith was one of its early staff writers, quite a few of its readers not only don't hunt, but some apparently are anti-hunting! One guy wrote a letter to the editor, complaining about the "broad" who went to Africa and "poached" a zebra!

After that we joked about Eileen being a "poacher broad" now and then, but she likes stone-cold killer better....

John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm pretty old, but I abandoned the term "broad" long ago and far away. On the other hand, if there's some female I seriously want to annoy, I generally just call her "Toots", a guaranteed jaw-dropper.

In China, hunting is almost totally verbotten, and for a woman to be doing it just adds to the wonder for my wife. Have to say though that when I drag a deer home, as long as the guts are out, she pitches right in with skinning and butchering. Guts are still off the table though.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
You're certainly a modern guy!

Have found quite a few women get into hunting because of the meat. Eileen sure did! She also loves to skin, and in fact once took a custom knife away from a well-known hunting writer, who was trying to cape/skin a whitetail buck he'd killed, but was ending up with too much meat on the hide, and too many holes in the cape. Unfortunately, she eventually developed an allergy to deer/elk/antelope hair, which can be controlled in the field with antihistamines, but is still too much to allow her to skin much anymore.

John Steinbeck
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 53 invisible), 3,352 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,705
Posts18,534,770
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.