Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 44 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 43 44
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You could say `They are Knee Capping the Cops’.
It’s hard to spread corona with a mouth full of dirt.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
Those cops are done, what do you expect for $35k and a GED?

Police officers in Minneapolis earn an annual mean salary of $64,160 according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.2 The starting salary for new officers is between $54,504 and $69,565, depending on experience and qualifications.1 Police officers with the Minneapolis Police Department also have access to a generous benefits package which includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, a pension plan, annual vacation time, sick leave, and paid holidays. Police officers who have accrued eight years of service with the MPD are eligible for additional longevity pay. The city of Minneapolis offers all eligible police officers a complimentary health club membership and reimbursement for uniforms is available. As of 2015, approximately 5,430 police officers worked in the Minneapolis metropolitan area.2

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They should gotten a lawn chair , an iPad , and a cold brew out for the gentleman while waiting for backup to arrive.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Hastings
I don't believe I would have made a huge issue with someone over a counterfeit $20 bill. He could have gotten it in change or even from a bank. Of course we don't know who initiated making a big deal out of it. That part hasn't been seen. The deceased was a big tough bouncer type but it seems 4 police could've gotten him up and loaded a handcuffed person. If not why not shackle his ankles and wait on more help?

You think that the counterfeit 20$ bill was his first and only brush with the law ?

Can we “speculate “ that he had outstanding warrants. Can we “speculate “ that he had a history of violence ?

How about some evidence for your claims?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Most any cop in a major city is making six figures.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lot's of stereotyping here. I have met insecure guys who feel more powerful behind a badge. But I also know a lot of former active duty military guys who go into LE and just want to keep serving, just not in the stupid desert anymore. There's all kind, just like the rest of the population. One size doesn't fit all.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
I don't believe I would have made a huge issue with someone over a counterfeit $20 bill. He could have gotten it in change or even from a bank. Of course we don't know who initiated making a big deal out of it. That part hasn't been seen. The deceased was a big tough bouncer type but it seems 4 police could've gotten him up and loaded a handcuffed person. If not why not shackle his ankles and wait on more help?

You think that the counterfeit 20$ bill was his first and only brush with the law ?

Can we “speculate “ that he had outstanding warrants. Can we “speculate “ that he had a history of violence ?

We can speculate that you like the cock too....

Laffin...

All you’ capable of is speculation and getting your asss handed back to you.

Pitiful joke of a human being, you are.

Still laffin at you.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

How about some evidence for your claims?

The point is and being,,,,wait on the facts. Much of what’s been said here is speculation.

I think that you know this.

Unless you, personally, already have ALL of the facts and if so do be kind enough to list them.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by deflave

You really are an idiot.

The mean MPD salary is $60k-$64k, depending on which source you believe.

You don't hit 6 figures in Denver, CO until you are a detective or sergeant. Mean salary there, $70k.

Los Angeles: $63k

St Louis,.Mo: $56k

Seattle, Wa: $61k

I could go on and on. Generally speaking, and salary over about $80k falls outside of the 90th percentile.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JOG

Police officers in Minneapolis earn an annual mean salary of $64,160 according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.2 The starting salary for new officers is between $54,504 and $69,565, depending on experience and qualifications.1 Police officers with the Minneapolis Police Department also have access to a generous benefits package which includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, a pension plan, annual vacation time, sick leave, and paid holidays. Police officers who have accrued eight years of service with the MPD are eligible for additional longevity pay. The city of Minneapolis offers all eligible police officers a complimentary health club membership and reimbursement for uniforms is available. As of 2015, approximately 5,430 police officers worked in the Minneapolis metropolitan area.2

Many departments require or prefer a college degree. More would except for claims that such requirements discriminate against minorities. As an aside, the police and fire chiefs in the small midwestern city where I lived during my working years both had PhDs. My brother was a detective in a large east coast county and he told me in a conversation some 30 years ago that detectives pulled down over $100K.

The Bumfug PD with $35K and a GED isn't the model for the entire country, certainly not a major metropolis like Minneapolis.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Overtime is generous

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911

You really are an idiot.

You don't hit 6 figures in Denver, CO until you are a detective or sergeant. Mean salary there, $70k.

I could go on and on. Generally speaking, and salary over about $80k falls outside of the 90th percentile.

Starting salary for a police officer here in a mid sized city is about $65k plus full benefits and goes up from there. Average is about $80k. Same with fire fighters. I know because I work with them every day. If you were to monetize the benefits, it would be like $100k without benefits.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The Duck strikes again!

LOL

Although in fairness I could see Denver being paid less. It's not much of a city.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by duck911

You really are an idiot.

I'd love to meet the LA cop that makes $63K a year.

LMAO

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Serious question here- - - - -not pot-stirring. At what point would a deadly-force intervention by a private citizen be justified to prevent a uniformed officer from committing murder? Would beating an unconscious, non-resisting, and restrained person with a baton be sufficient cause for at least shooting to stop the threat, or would drawing a weapon and placing it against the head of a helpless detainee justify an armed response? At what point, if any, should a CCW carrier be compelled to fire on a rogue cop?
Jerry

Good luck with that.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The best gig here is being a firefighter. I wouldn't want to do it in a big city like NYC, but here, I know guys who went their entire career and never went to a real fire, other than some dumbass who burned up his stove with too much grease. When he was still early in high school, I tried to take my nephew under my wing and convince him to volunteer at the local station, get his EMT stuff done and be prepared to apply for a full time position. He would have been able to retire at about 50 years old with a full pension and benefits. He was smarter than me though and he's 26 years old, living in his Mom's house and making 16 bucks an hour packing fish all day now.

MOLON LABE
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Overtime is generous

😎

Yessir.

New Orleans is supposedly short by 200+ cop positions.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Duck O' Dumb,

I wanted to know what it was like to have your level of life experience (meaning none) so I googled how much a Miami-Dade cop makes.

$64K a year.

LMFAO.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
The best gig here is being a firefighter. I wouldn't want to do it in a big city like NYC, but here, I know guys who went their entire career and never went to a real fire, other than some dumbass who burned up his stove with too much grease.

Some truth there. More than pay, fire unions really push for more time off. They say it is to spend time with their families, which may be true enough, but the big reason is to work at another job, in some cases owning a very profitable business.

I've thought that if I were a young dude, I might become a firefighter, use my time off to get a degree (maybe study on the job), and then an advanced degree like law or a CPA, then use my time off to open a practice. Little overhead, as you'd have insurance and a retirement guaranteed. Retire from the fire department as soon as eligible, then have another decade or so to practice your profession.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Page 28 of 44 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

295 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 40 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,428
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.