Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Maybe you could rekindle an old hobby. I found this old picture of you modelling guns from your army daze. I believe you sold them to earn money for college. It sounds like you have a whole community of customers, willing to shell out some greenbacks for pix of fine old military gunz!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm speechless. Dan has his finger on the trigger.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thank you all for a fun read.

Every day’s an adventure.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I don’t think that was me. I had a mustache back then.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
A couple of things I have wanted to try but have not as of yet, maybe in retirement.
Reloading 22 rimfire, maybe with BP, maybe smokeless. There is a source for primed cases, also a place where you can buy a mould/crimper combo and priming compound to reload fired cases. Can't think of exact websites at the moment but a search should find them.
Making a 32 short or long "garden gun" by relining an old rifle or .410.
A gunsmith friend of mine is now playing with .14 caliber centerfire. I believe Shilen has barrel blanks, forgot what cartridge he based on, maybe 20 Tactical, I think he's got one source for bullets, maybe made dies?, had to make cleaning rod. If I remember 3500-4000 fps and if going after varmints, claims they just "disappear".
Good luck in your search.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Nick, I already wore that "reload the .22" idea into an obedient servant, but not with rimfire.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/12274426/1

There are a few out there that have dabbled with BP in the .22, but I've not gone down that path. Yet.

Could be this .32/roundball thing has its claws in my backside, still pondering.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 05/27/20.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DD,

I only see 3 good options left.

Way I see it, you can either set up a forge and start turning out knives.
Please avoid the fantasy blades

[Linked Image from images.ontheedgebrands.com]

Or you can buy the offshore boat and fish/explore the world.
If you get Ginger and Mary Anne on board, call me before you get lost.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Or...
Buy some running shoes
Let your hair grow
Go all Gump

[Linked Image from thenypost.files.wordpress.com]

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be willing to bet Dan's got at least two of those choices under his belt already.😛

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Safe bet. 3 out of 3 are covered. Qualified on the point of making fancy knives. I’m more of a machete kinda guy. My forte with steel is making ordinary blades shaving sharp. However, I prefer shooting critters to running over them with the brush hog.

Maryanne is a mutt in comparison to the girlie that took part in the sailing adventure.

Back when I was a punk I did 4:19 running a mile in combat boots.

Appreciate the suggestions nonetheless.

I am..........disturbed.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Dan,

Probably mentioned this when we talked, but have had a .22 rimfire reloading article on my Handloader schedule for at least two years now. Have all the "stuff" to reload rimfire cases, but so far something has prevented it from happening, whether weather (the reloads can apparently be less reliable in colder conditions) or assignments on new, cutting-stuff--or much older cartridges where a suitable rifle unexpectedly appeared in my life--as they tend to do a few times a year.

But so far it looks like I might actually get it done this summer!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
John, there’s a time and place for all things. Stay well, aim small!

Dan

PS: What is this “cold” thing you speak of?

Last edited by DigitalDan; 05/28/20.

I am..........disturbed.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
"Cold" is the opposite of "hot," which I loathe--and the reason I live in Montana!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks. I guess we don't get much cold down this way. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
For a while I was casting, and loading, 72 cal roundballs over ffg Goex in Win "AA" hulls and shooting them out of an old Belgium double hammer gun (thinking pigs) but never got around to shooting more than paper with them.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Safe bet. 3 out of 3 are covered. Qualified on the point of making fancy knives. I’m more of a machete kinda guy. My forte with steel is making ordinary blades shaving sharp. However, I prefer shooting critters to running over them with the brush hog.

Maryanne is a mutt in comparison to the girlie that took part in the sailing adventure.

Back when I was a punk I did 4:19 running a mile in combat boots.

Appreciate the suggestions nonetheless.

You are running short on new things to try. Heard it told that Minneapolis needs firemen. At least til they run out of stuff to burn...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
For a while I was casting, and loading, 72 cal roundballs over ffg Goex in Win "AA" hulls and shooting them out of an old Belgium double hammer gun (thinking pigs) but never got around to shooting more than paper with them.

That’s interesting. I have a Damascus WC Scott 12 bore double in very good condition, and a very good supply of BP. And lots of pigs....

Tell me about the wads please.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Johnw, I’m gonna wait until that town is a smoking crater before I visit.

Fire is your friend.

I am..........disturbed.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'll see if I still have my loading journal about this. It was longer ago than I care to admit.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I would use a T/C wonder wad over the powder, cut the gas seal off of plastic wads and then Alcan fiber wads to adjust column height. Regular 8 point crimp from the Mec, label the hull so there was no mistake and then go punch big holes. I remember I did shoot a bowling pin with one, actually split it. Even that little bit of plastic made a mess, but didn't shoot a lot of them in one sitting.

NRA life member

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for that. I might get in trouble with this one ! laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (01Foreman400, 35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 801 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,392
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.