Hop To
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Deserae Turner visits with a well-wisher during a drive-by graduation celebration in her front yard in Amalga, Cache County, on Wednesday, May 27, 2020. Turner, who was shot in the head by two classmates in February 2017, graduated from Green Canyon High School Wednesday. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, Turner was not able to receive her diploma in person. Ray Boone, Deseret News

AMALGA, Cache County — Not even a pandemic could stop Deserae Turner from receiving her diploma.

The high school senior graduated from Green Canyon High School Wednesday — three years after being shot by classmates and left to die in a canal.

'You shouldn't have messed with me,' Utah girl tells teen who shot her in the head
Utah student crowned homecoming queen 2 years after being shot
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, Turner was not able to receive her diploma in person. Instead her family hosted a drive-by celebration in her front yard.

“It has been amazing seeing everyone come and support me,” she said.

Dozens of friends, family and even complete strangers drove by her home to congratulate her on an achievement that almost didn’t happen.

“There were times I wanted to give up, but I just kept pushing,” Turner said. “And now I’m here.”

In February 2017, Deserae was shot by two classmates who lured her into a canal. Since then she’s had 17 procedures, lost vision in her left eye and continues to go through physical therapy. Even though her journey has not been an easy one, her mother said she never let it get in the way of her schoolwork.

“I wanted her to forget school and just concentrate on healing, but she wanted to be in school and she wanted to graduate,” April Turner said. “She wanted the regular diploma, and she wanted to do it on time and with her class.”

Among the crowd who came to celebrate her graduation was close family friend Sue Hintze, who found Deserae Turner the day she was shot.

“We went out looking and just happened upon her,” Hintze said. “It was a true miracle.”

Deserae Turner said she plans to take a year off to focus on physically healing. She said she is looking to serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the near future.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good girl...I wish her the best in life.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Definition of perseverance.

Just read the story...two white boys shot her in the back of the head and stole her belongings. 17 year olds and she was 14. They only received 15 years for it. Hope the little pricks get raped every night of their stay.

Last edited by jackmountain; 05/29/20.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
and then double tapped upon their release....

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She is an inspiration and an awesome young lady, I found her FB and GoFundMe page to help fund a robotic arm, made a donation followed by sharing the page.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/deserae-...vK_yp65iTU24LzDq8cj-yoschb98R0iCkCjlcaas

Dave

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Just another sense less crime......

WTF do these thug/punk kids think ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How do you only get 15 years for doing that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Definition of perseverance.

Just read the story...two white boys shot her in the back of the head and stole her belongings. 17 year olds and she was 14. They only received 15 years for it. Hope the little pricks get raped every night of their stay.

No kidding- pieces of schitt.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Should have been life with the possibility of parole. Minimum.

Jim

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sweet little girl.

15 years and then a bullet to the back of his head sounds about right to me.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 3,322 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,378
Posts18,469,479
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.