Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Some of the locations I get to do paid bird surveys I intend to bring it for that very reason, with that load or a ballistic equivalent. Feral hogs that ain’t shot at much often don’t take off running and I walk up on them all the time. Snakes, spiders don’t trouble me at all, but I dislike feral hogs more every time I run into them.

Yep, all you need now is some of the .458 Win approved hard cast brown bear killers.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You was in for 37 years? I was comparing to 20, I got a CHL in '95, shortly after it came out in Texas.

Handguns have always been a no go through NY, unless you're crossing the State directly to where they are legal, locked, unloaded and in the trunk. Meeting the transport through the State sections of the law was always a defense to prosecution, not a preventative against arrest. IIRC the burden was on you to prove you weren't gonna stay.

A ten round magazine limit has been in effect in NYS for a long time, and Cuomo recently passed through a hated "Safe" act which made a lot of semi-autos illegal. Meanwhile, in New Jersey, IIRC even a single round of hollowpoint handgun caliber ammunition is a felony Haven't heard of NY State being that bad on other rifles or shotguns. We always got nervous passing through Massachusetts with even long guns back in the '70's because a special firearms owner's card was needed for that.

If you're planning to go to or through NYS with a firearm, your plan is flawed. Period.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
You was in for 37 years? I was comparing to 20, I got a CHL in '95, shortly after it came out in Texas.

Handguns have always been a no go through NY, unless you're crossing the State directly to where they are legal, locked, unloaded and in the trunk. Meeting the transport through the State sections of the law was always a defense to prosecution, not a preventative against arrest. IIRC the burden was on you to prove you weren't gonna stay.

A ten round magazine limit has been in effect in NYS for a long time, and Cuomo recently passed through a hated "Safe" act which made a lot of semi-autos illegal. Meanwhile, in New Jersey, IIRC even a single round of hollowpoint handgun caliber ammunition is a felony Haven't heard of NY State being that bad on other rifles or shotguns. We always got nervous passing through Massachusetts with even long guns back in the '70's because a special firearms owner's card was needed for that.

If you're planning to go to or through NYS with a firearm, your plan is flawed. Period.

I've been to New York State more'n twenty times over the last thirty years, most of 'em in a car. With firearms, so its nothing new. The biggest irritation is I can cary concealed 1,800 miles from here to the Delaware no problem. Cross that last 100 yards across the river and "ding!", instant felon.

I gotta check, a NYS firearms site lists the PC as being legal in that state with ten round mags. I need to look at the specific features. For example mine has a threaded muzzle which I have absolutely no use for, but that alone might make it illegal up there.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Only changes I'd make so far are a ghost ring rear sight and a bigger, brighter post front site to expedite fast sight acquisition. I figure the ability to hit a paper plate more often than not at 100 yards is more than sufficient for this sort of firearm.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I've been to New York State more'n twenty times over the last thirty years, most of 'em in a car. With firearms, so its nothing new. The biggest irritation is I can cary concealed 1,800 miles from here to the Delaware no problem. Cross that last 100 yards across the river and "ding!", instant felon.

I gotta check, a NYS firearms site lists the PC as being legal in that state with ten round mags. I need to look at the specific features. For example mine has a threaded muzzle which I have absolutely no use for, but that alone might make it illegal up there.

All your detail about NYS commie bulshit laws only serves to support what I said in the first place.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

All your detail about NYS commie bulshit laws only serves to support what I said in the first place.

Off the top of my head.....

48 States minus California, Illinois, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachussets, Rhode Island.... still leaves another 39 reasonably free states to visit, tho I dunno the status of Virginia at present,

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

48 States minus California, Illinois, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachussets, Rhode Island.... still leaves another 39 reasonably free states to visit, tho I dunno the status of Virginia at present,

My point exactly. Why darken their door or give those commies a plug nickel of your money?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

My point exactly. Why darken their door or give those commies a plug nickel of your money?

"I'm sorry Mom, I know how you're gettin' really old and all, but you're just gonna hafta haul your a$$ over the State Line if ya ever wanna see your favorite son again."

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Our Texas LTC is good to go in Virginia, Mike.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/30/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1minute, 160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 52 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,337
Posts18,487,680
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.