Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I am getting ready to order a Tikka T3X Superlite in 6.5 Creedmoor. I want the 22.4" barrel. All non-magnum Superlites (including the 6.5 CM) on the Tikka website show as having the 22.4" barrel. I understand that from all reports from the buyers of 6.5 SL's, that their rifles have 24.3" barrels. Does anyone out there know (for sure) of the existence of any 22.4" 6.5 CM SL's? Here in Romania, I have to pay a non-refundable deposit when I order the rifle. Any good knowledge on this is very much appreciated. RJ

HR IC

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
As far as I know, all the 6.5 creedmoor superlites (including mine) are 24". I don't believe Tikka makes a 22" 6.5 creedmoor. They do make the 20" compact (blued with adjustable LOP stock) and a couple 20" heavy barrel tactical options.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Every 6.5 Creed Superlite I've ever seen - including the one I owned had the longer 24.3" barrel. Don't think they make it shorter like some of the other calibers in SL. But if you look at where the flutes stop on the 6.5 there would be enough to cut down the barrel maybe 2" or a little less and actually look better.

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 05/29/20.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The 6.5 creedmoor tikka superlites here in the US, have a 24.3" long barrel.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
The 6.5 creedmoor tikka superlites here in the US, have a 24.3" long barrel.

^^^^^

IC B2

R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Gentlemen, I thank you for your replies. RJ

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
Every 6.5 Creed Superlite I've ever seen - including the one I owned had the longer 24.3" barrel. Don't think they make it shorter like some of the other calibers in SL. But if you look at where the flutes stop on the 6.5 there would be enough to cut down the barrel maybe 2" or a little less and actually look better.

Why would anybody want something like a Crudmoor with a barrel shorter than 24"? That's counter productive to the long ranges the Crudmoor is supposed to give you an advantage to shoot at.

You want something that's easily handling get a 20" barreled .308.

Last edited by Filaman; 05/29/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

My superlite Has the 24.2” barrel, my lite stainless has the 22.4” barrel.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE

My superlite Has the 24.2” barrel, my lite stainless has the 22.4” barrel.

That's odd, considering they (superlite 6.5 cm) are advertised as having 24.3" tubes..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
BSA

I believe AKPENDUDE is saying that his "Superlite has a 24.3" barrel but his stainless "Lite" has a 22.4" barrel. The Tikka website lists all 6.5 CM's (Superlites and Lites) as having 22.4" barrels. I am just wondering if it is just the 6.5 Creed "Exclusives" made for Cabelas, Sportsmans Warehouse and the like, that are spec'd with 24.3" barrels. I searched all over the net trying to find out how to decode the Tikka T3X product numbers. I even tried to make some sense out of them by comparing product codes and except for chambering and could not. I do not know if barrel length is code specified in the manufacturer product number or not. The product number for the T3 Superlite in 6.5 CM is TFTT63RL103 RJ

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Filaman

Why would anybody want something like a Crudmoor with a barrel shorter than 24"? That's counter productive to the long ranges the Crudmoor is supposed to give you an advantage to shoot at.

I don't think it's safe to assume that everyone wants a 6.5 just for long range. It is, after all, just a re-package of the Swede and .260. All are perfectly usable in the woods too, just like say, a .270, .280, or 7-08. One of the advantages of the CM is a wide selection of good factory ammo, and reloading in Yurrupean countries is often difficult or even illegal.

Personally, I wouldn't fret over a couple of extra inches, but rj seems like someone who knows what he wants and why.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My stainless lite has a 24.3”.

R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I don't think it's safe to assume that everyone wants a 6.5 just for long range. It is, after all, just a re-package of the Swede and .260. All are perfectly usable in the woods too, just like say, a .270, .280, or 7-08. One of the advantages of the CM is a wide selection of good factory ammo, and reloading in Yurrupean countries is often difficult or even illegal.

Personally, I wouldn't fret over a couple of extra inches, but rj seems like someone who knows what he wants and why.

Pappy, you're exactly correct. It is not legal to reload metalic cartridges here in Romania. And, a large portion of my hunting is in thick woods, often getting in and out of my tiny Suzuki Jimny, where a couple of inches less barrel does make a difference. And right again Pappy. I won't be shooting long range with the rifle. I don't take shots at game animals at more than approximately 300 yds. and very seldom, that far.

And Dayumn! Filam, you must've got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, slandering that fine Creedmoor cartridge by calling it crud. And, I already have a 20" 308.

Thanks for your input. RJ

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L

My CTR with a 20 inch barrel does everything I need it to do in the Virginia bean fields. Also, it's much nicer screwing on an 8 inch suppressor to a 20 inch barrel.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

I never said I wanted one with a shorter barrel - the OP asked the question if there was a 22" Creedmoor Superlite. I simply stated one could cut done the longer barrel.

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 05/30/20.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

I believe it’s creedmoor...oh wait, I see what you did there...pure genius.

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just looked at their website and it says the T3x Superlight in 6.5 Creedmoor has a 24.3" barrel.

https://choose.tikka.fi/usa/code/JRAXSL82

T3x SUPERLITE
JRAXSL82
Caliber
6.5 Creedmoor
Receiver size
T3x
Handedness
Right
Weight
6.6 lbs
Total length44.5 in
Barrel length24.3 in
Rate of twist1:8"
Magazine capacity3 + 1
TriggerSingle Stage Trigger
Muzzle threadNo
Cheek pieceNo
Open sightsNo
Changeable gripYes
Add to Compare

Last edited by River_Ridge; 05/31/20.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I just looked at their Finland website (which would apply to a rifle that I order) and it says the T3x Superlight in 6.5 Creedmoor has a 22.4" (569mm) barrel.

https://choose.tikka.fi/global/code/TFTT63RL103

Handedness
Right
Weight
3 kg
Total length
1083 mm
Barrel length
569 mm
Magazine capacity
3 + 1
Rate of twist
1:8"
Trigger
Single Stage Trigger
Picatinny rail
-
Product code
TFTT63RL103
Muzzle thread
No
Cheek piece
No
Open sights
No
Changeable grip
Yes
Folding stock
No
Fluted bolt
No
Stock material
Synthetic
Stock finish
Black
Material
Stainless Steel

So it is possible that all 6.5 CM's that are imported to the USA, are 24.3" barrels and the ones going elsewhere get 22.4" barrels. RJ

R
rj308 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I just noticed on the USA website that you provided the link for, the 6.5 is catalogued with the 22.4" barrel in the LEFT hand version only. Strange. RJ

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
rj308, I see the Product Code number is different too. Maybe give them a call?

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,075 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,693
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.