Print Thread
Hop To
D
denton Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Bunch of knot heads turned over a police car and burned it, and smashed windows at nearby Trax station. There was a minor attempt at looting at a 711 nearby, but apparently the employees and bystanders put a stop to it.

Folks assembled at the capital building, with signs and chants. A couple of water bottles were thrown at police, but nothing serious. Police standing shoulder to shoulder to keep them out of the building. Some neon pink haired female nitwit got 15 seconds of fame ranting about the inequality of our justice system and the inherent racism of our society.

Most seemed like air headed college kids.

Governor didn't mess around--activated the National Guard very quickly.

Me? Relaxing at home, listening to the kids next door squeal and shout as they play and enjoy their afternoon and a temporary slide in their yard. Couldn't be better.

Last edited by denton; 05/30/20.

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Uhhhh....in Utah?

I had better drive up on the hill and look for smoke over on the Rez....

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Damn chit's getting close boys!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Uhhhh....in Utah?

I had better drive up on the hill and look for smoke over on the Rez....

Best take a 30-30 and a walkie-talkie to reach mama should you get overwhelmed.

Be safe!

😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, it WAS in Salt Lake City, our nexus of nitwittery and all things proglibbieleftish - like all state capitols, apparently.

Leftists have learned to invade/infiltrate the seats of political power to make it seem as though they were the dominant intelligent life.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pairs of young men in white shirts on bikes, no doubt.

Carpe' Scrotum
D
denton Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
LOL... Yes, riots in SLC are a bit different.

If initial reports are to be believed, some guy showed up with a crossbow and tried to shoot someone. The protesters grabbed him, and took him down. The police hauled him out of the middle of the mess and arrested him. Then the protesters turned his car over and burned it.

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
If I were to ever participate in a riot I believe slc would be the one, bring my 6 pack in a sack and meet the local folk to discuss lds and public land. Lol I'd think the public land part would be as bad as it would get.

D
denton Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Our governor obviously thought it was better to have plenty of force early enough, and quickly activated the National Guard. Since I didn't see any NG engaged in the situation, except for a helicopter overhead, I assume that they were the ready reserves.

The mayor declared a curfew, beginning at 8:00 p.m. That gave the police authority to arrest people unlawfully assembled on the streets.

The police smartly outmaneuvered the rioters.

At first, the rioters were many and the police were few. The police on the scene formed a solid line across the street, and very slowly started pushing the rioters away from where the police car was burned. About every 15 minutes, they would take a couple of steps forward. As nearly as I could tell, they had "sweepers" behind the police line, arresting people who tried to sneak past. But other than that, there were initially very few arrests.

Before long, police from surrounding areas started to arrive. The police line was longer, and about 3-4 deep. The police started announcing that this was an unlawful activity, and that people were going to be arrested if they didn't leave. Many of the rioters started to drift away.

By 10:30, the balance had shifted, with more police than rioters. At that point, the police waded in and started arresting people. On TV, I could see three jail transport buses. I guess we'll find out tomorrow how many there are, who they are, and where they are from. If they are out of staters, I expect to see that Bill Barr was not kidding when he said that crossing state lines to incite riot is a federal felony that would be prosecuted.

One officer suffered a broken arm, and at one point, the police briefly fired rubber bullets. I guess those smart plenty.

As I said, the group seemed to be late teen to early 20-ish concrete heads (all mixed up and set), mostly white.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They looted JCPenny.
Stole all the long underwater and white button up shirts.
No damage reported.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 3,297 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,375
Posts18,469,398
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.