Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
and uses, 101.

I realize the cops on here are snarky and are waiting for a slowball like this to swing at, but seriously, do they disable bad guys or not? Why didn't they taze old Floyd?

LOL
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
we need some kind of thingy that you can point at a crowd of people and zap them until they fall over twitching and schit their pants.

My diploma is a DD214
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Tasers are very unpopular with the nit pickers who always complain about "excessive force." So cops are pressured to use "minimum force." Of course, if the cop who decides to use force selects too little, the situation gets out of hand very rapidly. Then it goes very badly. Still, they try. E

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It seems like they would have. It hurts, son in law is an officer.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2
and uses, 101.

I realize the cops on here are snarky and are waiting for a slowball like this to swing at, but seriously, do they disable bad guys or not? Why didn't they taze old Floyd?

It's already been explained.

Once a person is in cuffs, they are not allowed to taze them.

Floyd's resistance started after the cuffs were on, so no tasers allowed.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oheremicus

Tasers are very unpopular with the nit pickers who always complain about "excessive force." So cops are pressured to use "minimum force." Of course, if the cop who decides to use force selects too little, the situation gets out of hand very rapidly. Then it goes very badly. Still, they try. E

That makes sense if talking and reasoning are still options, but when it escalates to hand-to-hand and resisting arrest, what's next?

There's a laundry list of protocol, I'm sure. Will anyone reveal what their jurisdictions protocol is?

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
and uses, 101.

Thanks AS, I missed that.

LOL
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
When they work and achieve NMI they are a fantastic tool. Problem is there are a great many things that will keep that from being achieved. Deploying a TASER on a passively resisting suspect in cuffs is a big no go in all but the most unlikely of circumstances. Added to the fact that he was almost certainly in some sort of physiological distress the result of using the TASER would probably have been the same outcome as they got.

Simply put George Floyd was presenting those cops with a very routine and benign problem for a cop. Passively resisting suspect in a crime of non-violence. They had ample resources on scene, it should have been simple to handle that problem. That group appears to have been very bad at their jobs, completely apathetic towards him as another human or some combination of both. From what little has been posted about his health it’s very obvious that unfortunately George Floyd was an in custody death waiting to happen.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a jogger who held on to his pistol and fired it, while being tased.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
and uses, 101.

That's not accurate.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by LazyV
When they work and achieve NMI they are a fantastic tool. Problem is there are a great many things that will keep that from being achieved. Deploying a TASER on a passively resisting suspect in cuffs is a big no go in all but the most unlikely of circumstances. Added to the fact that he was almost certainly in some sort of physiological distress the result of using the TASER would probably have been the same outcome as they got.

Simply put George Floyd was presenting those cops with a very routine and benign problem for a cop. Passively resisting suspect in a crime of non-violence. They had ample resources on scene, it should have been simple to handle that problem. That group appears to have been very bad at their jobs, completely apathetic towards him as another human or some combination of both. From what little has been posted about his health it’s very obvious that unfortunately George Floyd was an in custody death waiting to happen.

Neither is this.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stickfight

I don't see anything but a white box.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Impressive shooting by that cop - had to watch it twice to see him drop the taser and get to business.

That jogger's 5k and half marathon days are behind him now.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tasers don't work very well on drugged out retards, sometimes not at all.

Tasers are very effective on people, they hurt like a mutherfuqker and completely incapacitate most men. Some guys can take it, I don't know how they do but they do.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you see a taser that "isn't working" on a person it's because the taser wasn't deployed correctly (common) or the taser is broken (rare).

Original tasers and the old style that you see in movies only affect the sensory nerves. That is known as pain compliance. An example of this would be your sticking your finger into a 110 socket for a second. It hurts like fugk, but your body does not lock up.

Modern tasers affect both the sensory and motor nerves of your body. This is called Neuro Muscular Incapacitation (NMI). An example of this in the most extreme sense would be putting your left finger into one socket, and your right toe into another socket. I don't care how tough or high you are, you are going to fall down and be in pain.

The best way to describe what a taser does to your body would be to think of the worst cramp you've ever experienced in your calf muscle, and apply that into every muscle between the two probes that are stuck into your body. Plus that feeling you get when you get zapped by the 110 socket mentioned above.

Ideally one probe would land above the waist, and the other below the waist. This results in NMI and you will fall like a stone.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I don't see anything but a white box.

That's what she said

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's because the electrical impulse causes muscle to spasm, that's why he held & fired the pistol, while he obviously could not control his body.

Not the right choice for an armed perp.

Obviously, the cop didn't know he was carrying, until he pulled & he reacted to the changing situation very well.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Last edited by Ejp1234; 06/10/20.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Continuing on with the OP's question:

The lowest form of force is known as officer presence.

The second up from that is what is commonly referred to as "soft hand techniques" This is what you're seeing in the Floyd video.

It goes up from there.

Suffice to say the officers in that video were using the lowest possible form of force in order to affect the arrest. Despite what Rachel Maddow may tell us.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Here is a Facebook video of me being tased in front of a group of police recruits while I was the deputy director of their academy in 2002. I volunteered to "take the first ride" in order to "lead from the front", as they say. Sometimes we have to do dumb things to maintain our credibility.

A typical "ride" on a taser lasts 5 seconds, unless the trigger is pulled again. You get a 50,000 volt dose of very low amperage electricity. It feels like you are being shaken by a bulldog about the size of a school bus while the current is being applied, but the instant the juice is cut off, you are immediately back to 100% capacity, as you can see by my recovery.

There is no way I could have fought through the pain and incapacitation that I experienced, but when it was finished, I could have done anything I was capable of a minute before. I was not even able to draw in a breath, let alone fight, while the current was running. But I felt pretty good when it was over.

Notice that the two recruits who are supporting me are unaffected by the taser. The shock is only felt BETWEEN the electrodes. A taser is powerful enough to put a 2,000 pound bull down...for 5 seconds; then you better run. Another tidbit that most people do not know is that, if you lined 10 people up, had them hold hands, put an electrode on each of the guys on the ends and pulled the trigger, all 10 people would take the ride.

Tasers are a wonderful tool that came around after I had retired from active work as an officer, but they are absolutely not foolproof. In the video, they have attached alligator clips to my clothing for a good contact, but in the field, if one of the two probes misses or gets caught in thick clothing, the suspect may not feel anything. And if the taser ride does not change his channel, you still have a problem on your hands when the ride is over.

https://www.facebook.com/robert.schneider.1671/videos/487762154642911/

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 06/10/20.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,443 guests, and 730 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.