Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Danny, back when it existed, I belonged to the Indian Trail Club, back of Boyd Pond. Great country!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
DannyL. Did you know Darry Thomas in Russell --- Correction Offcer ?

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by DANNYL
Originally Posted by miguel
Chars was something else for a while, burned, and was Chars again when it reopened. The Smokehouse used to be Terry’s Tavern, and its in Madrid not Morley. My misspent youth!!
Good to hear from you Mart. I hope Alaska is treating you well.
What part of the North Country are you in Danny?

I'm located in the big city of Russell. We still have the same 7 stops signs as when I was a kid. Don't forget our 1 convenience store

You're right on that chars did burn,arson I believe and Terry's is the smokehouse.

I remember Russell well. Used to haul milk to the cheese factory there. The big milk plant quit taking milk in can and Dad didn't want to make the switch to a bulk tank knowing neither of us boys were going to keep dairy farming.

Used to fish for small mouth bass at the falls on the Grasse River between Russell and Hermon.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Danny, back when it existed, I belonged to the Indian Trail Club, back of Boyd Pond. Great country!

I've been through some of that area. I think that all belongs to my cousin Joe White now,it's called Boyd pond timber inc. close to 1400 acres.

Originally Posted by wldthg
DannyL. Did you know Darry Thomas in Russell --- Correction Offcer ?

I knew him for a short time before he passed. His brother Harvey is a good friend who helps us out at the sugarhouse and we do a bunch of shooting together at times.

Last edited by DANNYL; 06/02/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by DANNYL
Chars was something else for a while, burned, and was Chars again when it reopened. The Smokehouse used to be Terry’s Tavern, and its in Madrid not Morley. My misspent youth!!
Good to hear from you Mart. I hope Alaska is treating you well.
What part of the North Country are you in Danny?

I'm located in the big city of Russell. We still have the same 7 stops signs as when I was a kid. Don't forget our 1 convenience store

You're right on that chars did burn,arson I believe and Terry's is the smokehouse.

I remember Russell well. Used to haul milk to the cheese factory there. The big milk plant quit taking milk in can and Dad didn't want to make the switch to a bulk tank knowing neither of us boys were going to keep dairy farming.

Used to fish for small mouth bass at the falls on the Grasse River between Russell and Hermon.

We also hauled milk there before switching to a bulk tank. You're right about the best cheese ya could find anywhere. From what I first remember Pete Denesha owned it then sold it to Gordon Moore. It is now all falling down,a friend of mine bought it last year at a tax sale and is going to clear the lot when he can.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Danny, Joe is your cousin? Great guy. I hunted up there a couple times after Joe bought the property and had it logged. I went as a guest of his daughters boyfriend at the time. The deer were thicker than rabbits back then( around 1989-1990 I think)

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My wife showed me a message on her phone that said the protestors were going to start protesting in Yonkers then start up in Scarsdale and White Plains,real ..white.. areas.Not gonna happen,they d be slapped down so hard their heads would spin.they think that they are going to throw rocks through windows of stores in Scarsdale? Never happen.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Danny, Joe is your cousin? Great guy. I hunted up there a couple times after Joe bought the property and had it logged. I went as a guest of his daughters boyfriend at the time. The deer were thicker than rabbits back then( around 1989-1990 I think)

They still get a few nice bucks up there but the deer population took a big drop when they started the dmp's and nuisance permits. Joe is all retired now and does a quite a bit of traveling but not during hunting season.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Adirondack69
Closest any of this nonsense has been to us so far.

Keep your powder dry!

Use prodigiously, as needed.

I'm looking for a 30 rd clip for my Python, with little luck. smile

Thinking it's at least Glock time, as it might be hard to get more than two of the mofos l ined up right, should it come to a place near me.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I hope Lisbon doesn’t kick off tonight, but I’ve been getting some looks from the Amish the past couple days. Wouldn’t put it past them to loot the feed mill, and burn Chars Bar over in Morley.

They'll never get past Flackville if Cliff Bice is home.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The store owners with the guns were spared......I wonder why. Thats why Americans are so protective of our right to bear arms..........If the police cant protect us then its our responsibility.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 62 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,295
Posts18,487,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.