Print Thread
Hop To
#14930418 06/01/20
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
The way most businesses are handling this mandatory mask thing .
Due to the Hippo Law it is illegal to ask if you have a medical condition , so if you come in without a mask we will assume you have a medical condition .
Although there are some buisnesses that do require it . At this moment I have not encountered them personally .
My response to those who require a mask is to take my business elsewhere .
Seems to me this situation could lead to law suits if an employee unaware of the proper response to an unmasked customer , if someone were to push the issue , wonder how this would pan out ?
What I have seen is probally around 6 out of 10 wearing them .

On another question , what would be an effective masks for smoke if encountering a riot area ?
Kenneth

Last edited by Kenneth66; 06/01/20.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
HIPPPO laws...

Doesn't that law govern snow cows and them wearing stretch pants?

Oh, you meant HIPAA laws grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought this was about Stacey Abrams.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, if you had a smoke effective mask you would continue to drive into a riot area?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Borealis Bob
So, if you had a smoke effective mask you would continue to drive into a riot area?

Will return to work tomorrow and ask as the rioting spreads it could be we will be sent in to restore power or terminate burnt structures . As of yet we have had no concern with that , but as the riots spread , there is a good possibility of it happening in NOVA .
I’m sure our employer will have the scoop on this and what they will expect from us .
Just asking for general knowledge and may help others to prepare in case they find themselves in the midst either by waking up in the middle of this in they’re neighborhood or by travel .
Smoke is not a stationary thing you know ?

As for the hippo or hippa you get what I’m referring to . Wouldn’t be wonderful if we were all as big as our egos ?
Kenneth

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kenneth66

Will return to work tomorrow and ask as the rioting spreads it could be we will be sent in to restore power or terminate burnt structures . As of yet we have had no concern with that , but as the riots spread , there is a good possibility of it happening in NOVA .
I’m sure our employer will have the scoop on this and what they will expect from us .
Just asking for general knowledge and may help others to prepare in case they find themselves in the midst either by waking up in the middle of this in they’re neighborhood or by travel .

As for the hippo or hippa you get what I’m referring to . Wouldn’t be wonderful if we were all as big as our egos ?
Kenneth

Well, you are misrepresenting HIPAA laws to begin with. It has nothing to do with you being questioned about your medical condition.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
HIPPPO laws...

Doesn't that law govern snow cows and them wearing stretch pants?

Oh, you meant HIPAA laws grin

^^^THIS^^^

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Kenneth

Well, you are misrepresenting HIPAA laws to begin with. It has nothing to do with you being questioned about your medical condition.

Be that as it may, a store or any business has no right or authority to inquire about a customer's medical condition or reason why they are not wearing a mask, which has been proven to have far more negative consequences which far outweigh any supposed benefit of wearing a layer of fabric over the face.

Interesting that the push for masks came soon before the rise up of antifa, who is known for wearing masks

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KenMi

Be that as it may, a store or any business has no right or authority to inquire about a customer's medical condition or reason why they are not wearing a mask, which has been proven to have far more negative consequences which far outweigh any supposed benefit of wearing a layer of fabric over the face.

Interesting that the push for masks came soon before the rise up of antifa, who is known for wearing masks

I agree with you Ken. His issue might be covered under the ADA...

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I thought it was a law against biotch slapping hippos who slap cops.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I thought it was a law against biotch slapping hippos who slap cops.

That's in section 2 paragraph 1a...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Kenneth

That makes sense. Thanks for the claification.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

154 members (673, 2500HD, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 338reddog, 204guy, 1lessdog, 22 invisible), 1,790 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,447
Posts18,507,899
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.