Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I guess I should expect something like this from Bezos.He is a two faced ass-hole who will play both sides solely for his financial benefit.

[Linked Image from media.breitbart.com]

E-commerce giant Amazon published a statement on Sunday stating that the company is “standing in solidarity with the Black community” in the “fight against systemic racism and injustice.”

Jeff Bezos’ e-commerce and tech giiant Amazon posted a statement recently in which the firm states: “The inequitable and brutal treatment of Black people in our country must stop.” The statement further goes on to say that the company stands with the Black community in the fight against “systemic racism and injustice,” as protests over the death of George Floyd rage across the United States.

However, despite claiming to stand with protesters, Amazon has a long history of working with law enforcement, specifically in the development of facial recognition technology. Breitbart News reported in July of 2019 after 15 months, a pilot test aiming to bring Amazon’s facial recognition system, called Rekognition, to the Orlando Police Department had ended. City police reportedly ended the test after multiple technical issues resulting in the technology failing to work correctly and a lack of resources on the police department’s part.

The software system is designed to utilize facial recognition algorithms to search for and track suspects in real-time. Amazon has previously claimed that the software was used to identify and rescue victims of human trafficking. Orlando police were meant to utilize the system by uploading photos of suspects to it, Rekognition would then search CCTV cameras for the suspect’s face.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) welcomed the announcement of the end of the project telling the Verge: “Congratulations to the Orlando Police Department for finally figuring out what we long warned — Amazon’s surveillance technology doesn’t work and is a threat to our privacy and civil liberties.” The ACLU found in a study conducted last July that Amazon’s facial recognition software incorrectly identified 28 members of Congress with images of people who had been arrested.

Breitbart News reported in February of 2019 that a study by MIT found that Amazon’s software has an error rate of approximately 31 percent when identifying the gender of images of women with dark skin while rival software developed by Kairos had an error rate of 22.5 percent and IBM’s software boasted a rate of just 17 percent. However, software from Amazon, Microsoft, and Kairos successfully identified images of light-skinned men 100 percent of the time.

Amazon is one of many companies that has expressed its support of protesters, including Twitter, Nike, Netflix, and Spotify.

Racism does not adhere to social distancing.

Amid the already growing fear and uncertainty around the pandemic, this week has again brought attention to something perhaps more pervasive: the long-standing racism and injustices faced by Black and Brown people on a daily basis.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...munity-in-fight-against-systemic-racism/

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But they have free shipping

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
But they still love slavery

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Who wears a down vest in the summer? [bleep] douche canoe.

Last edited by jackmountain; 05/31/20.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Typical Amazon platitudes, nothing more.

Tomorrow, they'll say they back law enforcement's efforts to stop looting and rioting, as they love law enforcement.

Amazon not only has two faces, it speaks BS out of both mouths.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Dude is a d nozzle

GOD Bless America
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Amazon not only has two faces, it speaks BS out of both mouths.

Kinda like the trump gun lovers here at the fire grin grin grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to believe Nike supports the protests.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They just jacked and looted a Prime truck in Santa Monica (LA) a short while ago... A few more of these and that A Hole will change his tune real quick...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
“The inequitable and brutal treatment of Black people in our country must stop.”

Ever wonder why the "inequitable and brutal treatment" of Asians, Hispanics, Irish, Jews, etc., etc., stopped?

Maybe because they are not hazardous to one's health. Maybe because they actually go out and get jobs and work.

Blacks need to learn it's time to fish or cut bait.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
They just jacked and looted a Prime truck in Santa Monica (LA) a short while ago... A few more of these and that A Hole will change his tune real quick...

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Bezos and Amazon talk out both sides of their mouth.

I have been, and still am, intimately involved in many cutting edge public safety programs with Amazon, including some AI/big data stuff that is highly innovative and cutting edge.

And I am ALSO aware that for every $1 dollar my company might make in partnership with Amazon, they fund the enemy with $2.

Makes the fun tech stuff I do with them, kind of bittersweet.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Pretty simple; dont engage the law fueled with alcohol and big pharma products and your cholesterol badass wont have immediate issues.

Stereotypes get eaten by facts.....

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Oh yeah, never bought [bleep] from [bleep] and wont ever inthe future....

Suck it [bleep]!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by GRIZZ

I doubt it. A 53ft van chock full of iPhone 10's would not cover the rounding error on Bezo's bottom line. He did not get to be the richest man in the world without being fluent in "double talk"...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Translation: Don't bun our stuff. please.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never have been a fan of Amazon. I can find what I want more quickly and for very close to the same money elsewhere.

It'd be interesting to see a couple of his new mega-warehouses burn to the ground while firefighters sat and watched.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 06/01/20.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep. Let's have many more unemployed...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bezos knows that black people buy his crap too.

He shouldn't worry though,the cia will be there to help him again if necessary.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Amazon doesn’t want it’s warehouses burned down.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

320 members (204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,424
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.