-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many of our fire members are in the same socioeconomic stratus they were born into? How many are lower? How many are higher?

I have remained the same. I am a product of the environment I was raised in.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 06/01/20.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
How many of our fire members are in the same socioeconomic stratus they were born into? How many are lower? How many are higher?

This is what I was just thinking. It’s the nature vs. nurture argument. There are strong arguments for both sides.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jeezus....Hemlock semiconductor?

Kinda swinging for the fences aint ya?

How about shift supervisor at the lumber yard?

Aren’t you busy working in the Montana Delta? 🤣

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am probably a bit lower.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Is Honeywell moving in?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Is Honeywell moving in?

F.uck if I know

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I can’t speak for other parts of the country. I know for a fact that the politicians here do anything possible to bring “good paying jobs to area.” The politicians go as far as giving them multi million dollar tax breaks just so the companies will choose this location to build huge factories . These factories inevitably result in thousands of jobs collectively (Hemlock semiconductor is just one example) . Hell, there is an industrial park (hundreds of acres) that the local government has set aside for nothing but bringing good paying jobs to the area. I’m just not seeing a lack of jobs as the reason . Although, I will agree that something SHOULD change because the current strategy is not working.

The jobs and opportunities are there, the problem is drawing people out of the slums to go get them.

If you live in a ghetto there are a finite number of low paying jobs in the area. It doesn't take an Asian to figure out that if the government is going to pay me just as much to not work, as McDonalds is going to pay me to go to work, that individual isn't going to work.

When you cut off government welfare programs you will see these problems fix themselves. People will have to work. The jobs within walking distance will be snatched up. People will have to spread out. Selling narcotics becomes less lucrative because people don't have any money to sit and smoke all day. They have to go to work. This causes gangs to dry up or at least shrink in size. This is why the free market always works, it self corrects.

Yes there will be a rough transition period and there will be riots in the streets. But when you deviate from the principles of a free market you're going to get that anyway. The only way to right the ship is to get back to the free market.

This is why Irish slums and Italian slums stayed that way for short (relatively) periods of time. They had to go to work. They simply had to in order to survive. That is not the case in the slums of today.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Is Honeywell moving in?

F.uck if I know

Hemlock aint moving here either!

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Is Honeywell moving in?

F.uck if I know

Hemlock aint moving here either!

They actually never started regular production here after building a huge infrastructure. Something about China dumping the price of silicone ....

#Obama
#Smellsfunny

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave

I can’t speak for other parts of the country. I know for a fact that the politicians here do anything possible to bring “good paying jobs to area.” The politicians go as far as giving them multi million dollar tax breaks just so the companies will choose this location to build huge factories . These factories inevitably result in thousands of jobs collectively (Hemlock semiconductor is just one example) . Hell, there is an industrial park (hundreds of acres) that the local government has set aside for nothing but bringing good paying jobs to the area. I’m just not seeing a lack of jobs as the reason . Although, I will agree that something SHOULD change because the current strategy is not working.

The jobs and opportunities are there, the problem is drawing people out of the slums to go get them.

If you live in a ghetto there are a finite number of low paying jobs in the area. It doesn't take an Asian to figure out that if the government is going to pay me just as much to not work, as McDonalds is going to pay me to go to work, that individual isn't going to work.

When you cut off government welfare programs you will see these problems fix themselves. People will have to work. The jobs within walking distance will be snatched up. People will have to spread out. Selling narcotics becomes less lucrative because people don't have any money to sit and smoke all day. They have to go to work. This causes gangs to dry up or at least shrink in size. This is why the free market always works, it self corrects.

Yes there will be a rough transition period and there will be riots in the streets. But when you deviate from the principles of a free market you're going to get that anyway. The only way to right the ship is to get back to the free market.

This is why Irish slums and Italian slums stayed that way for short (relatively) periods of time. They had to go to work. They simply had to in order to survive. That is not the case in the slums of today.

Agreed in principle

Last edited by alwaysoutdoors; 06/01/20.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
So is slowly decreasing their government checks the answer?

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

We don't have many blacks here, and all the ones I see have jobs and seem to be upstanding citizens. We do have lots of rez's though, and the problems with them seems to be very similar to the problems being discussed here with black people in the US. I've been thinking that this solution is really the only way to fix the problem. Unfortunately I'm equally sure there is no one in power who has the balls to even suggest something like this, much less implement it.
The quickest way I've seen to completely destroy a people is to give them a living they didn't earn, and then continue that on for a few generations. Doesn't have to be a good living either,just enough to stay alive. It'll wreck people regardless of color once it becomes the norm to live that way. Reminds me of people who feed stray cats. Starts off with them "helping" one or two, but before long there is a porch full of diseased, scrawny and completely useless animals hanging around waiting for their next feed.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

That coupled with opportunities?

Be all for it up here.

Most are on welfare.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

This is what I was just thinking. It’s the nature vs. nurture argument. There are strong arguments for both sides.

I posted this earlier in the thread.

"That has a whole lot to do with it. I could do a better job of giving money to charity. The one I do donate to on a regular basis is Son of a Saint. They don't throw money at a large problem and hope it will make a difference. They use their money to bring at risk fatherless black kids into a program full of mentors who work very closely with them all the way through their school years.

Guess what the typical social and educational outcomes are?"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The genius of the welfare programs and BLM style movements is that both sides get played.

Blacks believe they are persecuted and have no opportunity. Whites see the blacks as the enemy.

This keeps people from working against the real problem, which are the people implementing the programs that maintain slums.

This is my favorite version of you and where we've always aligned ideologically. I'm glad to see it. It's also the platform Trump should be campaigning on. Thank you for putting words to it.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
The genius of the welfare programs and BLM style movements is that both sides get played.

Blacks believe they are persecuted and have no opportunity. Whites see the blacks as the enemy.

This keeps people from working against the real problem, which are the people implementing the programs that maintain slums.

This is my favorite version of you and where we've always aligned ideologically. I'm glad to see it..

IKR? I don't even know who he is anymore.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

All true, yet there have been a few social changes since the “Irish need not apply” era. One, there are no jobs for people without strong job skills. Textiles and similar entry level jobs just don’t exist in today’s American job market in any quantity, and those that do exist are snapped up by immigrants.

Two, Alishanirona has 7 brats and no man. She doesn’t know who the father is on any of them. There are barely any functional black families. There’s no way she can EVER make enough to pay food, rent, utilities, childcare and health insurance. Let alone college savings or retirement. Mathematically impossible.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I would aim to reduce the federal level programs by X amount over 10 years.

It wouldn't require a Chinaman to tally up the amounts each respective state is receiving at the start of the plan. They get that money on year one.

Each year after that, they know it's going to be reduced by ?.?%. If the states can't do with what the feds are giving them each consecutive year, they're either going to have to raise their constituents taxes at the state level, or find a way to get people into a job.

This would be steering us back to the founding principles of our country. State's rights/responsibilities and a free market.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dutch

All true, yet there have been a few social changes since the “Irish need not apply” era. One, there are no jobs for people without strong job skills. Textiles and similar entry level jobs just don’t exist in today’s American job market in any quantity, and those that do exist are snapped up by immigrants.

Yet another masterful stroke by the left.

"Nobody here will do these jobs."

Of course they will. For the exact same reason people from Guatemala do them.

It beats starving.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston

This is my favorite version of you and where we've always aligned ideologically. I'm glad to see it. It's also the platform Trump should be campaigning on. Thank you for putting words to it.

You sound like a gay.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,566 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,577
Posts18,492,049
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.