Print Thread
Hop To
H
Hubert Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I was watching George Carlin and laughed so hard I almost passed out , I had to stop watching him... he is a little dirty but is the best comedian I have ever heard .anyone else like him ?

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
He was one of the original "observation" comics. A sharp mind and I miss him. He would have had a field day with current events. Similarly, I would like to hear more Dennis Miller. At his peak his delivery was excellent. Always loved his SNL Weekend Report signoff.

The way life should be.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I do. Funny, good delivery!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know of anyone else like him, but I'm no authority on the subject. George was a real "one of a kind guy" IMHO. I'd love to hear his take on today's happenings. I also like Dennis Miller but he's not one of those Carlin type guys but he's good in his own unique way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Carlin

He was one of the greats

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Saw him live a short while before he died. As once he was sharp, biting, witty and funny, this time he was bitter, foul and totally not entertaining. My wife and I, once big fans, prayed for his soul. Sad end to a brilliant man.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Unlike today, Carlin had a gift for truth that united people of varied viewpoints. Strangest thing eh?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Carlin said:

You know,,,it’s absolutely impossible for a man to sneeze while he’s standing up and pissing ,,,cause if he did, he’d blow his asssshole plum out.

He fell off of the curb badly towards the end with his SJW dialogue.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a phone call you don't want:

"Hello? George?"

"George here."

"Hi. It's me. Susan. We met 4-6 weeks ago at that night club."

"Hmmm, Susan you say?"

"Yeah. You said I was a really good sport."

"OOoooh yeah, Susan! How are you?"

"I'm pregnant and I'm gonna kill myself."

"Wow! Susan, you really ARE a good sport!"

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
A big time sense of logic or the lack of it in some. I was on board with him on most of his observations.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Seven words. Genius.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
He and Gallagher 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This thread got me thinking of George Carlin and his observations on society. If he were in his prime today he'd probably be commenting on seeing hundreds of rioters and yet not a single MAGA hat. Or how you can't gather together at church to worship without fear of government retribution but you can amass hundreds of people in the street with no social distancing, and burn buildings, throw bricks through windows and loot stores while the police are ordered to "stand down". I can see Carlin in my imagination right now making comments like that in his own smooth style.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
His religion set is golden.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Carlin changed over time. When he was old and weak, his ideas were weak. But in his prime, he had me falling off the sofa.

Ever notice your sht is stuff, but his stuff is sht?

We're so self-important. Everybody's going to save something now. "Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails." And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. Save the planet, we don't even know how to take care of ourselves yet. I'm tired of this sht. I'm tired of fking Earth Day. I'm tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren't enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world safe for Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don't give a sht about the planet. Not in the abstract they don't. You know what they're interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They're worried that some day in the future they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn't impress me.
The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles … hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages … And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn't going anywhere. WE are!
We're going away. Pack your sht, folks. We're going away. And we won't leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet'll be here and we'll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet'll shake us off like a bad case of fleas.
The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we're gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, 'cause that's what it does. It's a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed. And if it's true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn't share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn't know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, "Why are we here?"

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I saw his show at the Coronado theater in Rockford Illinois, he was at the end of his career. Not up to his original material but still well worth the price of admission. A true master of the human condition, mindset whatever you want to call it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,501 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.