Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Idaho and Montana have both changed but not completely. Fifty years ago, even the Democrats (in the majority in the North) were conservatives. They may have voted Democrat but they supported the 2nd A and individual freedom. I don't know when the real change in demographic started but I think in the early-sixties was when the first real influx of Californians began to be noticed but there were other changes in the air. Technological change was coming to the woods and the loss of a lot of the jobs was on the horizon.
The thing to keep in mind is, the population of the entire country has doubled since then and a lot of displacement and relocation has occurred. So it is that north Idaho has filled up with people from California, New Jersey, Minnesota and elsewhere. Still, the depth of Idaho conservatism converted a large percentage of these interlopers to Idaho values rather than the other way around.
Idaho, like her neighbors, is really a little more multi-faceted than many are aware and is constantly changing. One man I knew referred to the Naples- Bonners Ferry area as "Little Appalachia" and he might not have been far off. For sure, my grandparents and great grandparents, from the Virginia and Kentucky hill country, may have brought a little of that with them. On the other hand, the other side of the family, in Boise, came from Colorado ranch stock. Thing is, they were all Idaho and I can't help but be a little proud of them. I'm sure these north Idaho citizens, wherever they come from, will do what must be done. GD

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by ribka

I was just in Bozeman, Livingston Helena and Missoula last week and would disagree. Montana is changing rapidly

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I lived in CDA for about a year back around 1973-74. It was a nice place.

it still is except for all the kalifornians moving in here

You've never met my friends azzwhole.

Good for your friend.

Unfortunately your friend is way outnumbered by Californians that are trying to flip the state like they already in Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Montana, Texas. Is that not been the case? I see lots of California plates now in area with Bernie and Hillary stickers, and impeach Trump bumper stickers. How is that good for Idaho?

FYI my brother lives in San Raphael and I used to live in Montery.

Montana has not been flipped by Californians. Homegrown Dem farmers IIRC. Thanks. CDA is one place where there's seems to be an ubundance of fuggin entitled uppity arseholes. I bet they are not the locals. Disparging Californians bothers Salmon but it ain't his kind anyone is disparaging. There's a lot of kguunts from there, seen it in Oregon and Washington, BTDT.

Bozeman and Missoula, oh chit, yes of-course you are right... Carry-on.

Been hearing that here for a while. Sad.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Idaho has laws to hold harmless anyone who uses force, to include lethal force, in the protection of others or their property. We will see what happens if any idiots think they are going to loot or burn here in N Idaho. I live away from all the garbage so I'll get to watch the videos and read the mean tweets afterward....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Were arent they moving too.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
In the last 48 hours, in our community, we have had 5,300 sign up to protect local businesses from looting. Last night, members of this group protected a LGS from a rumored planned looting.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
270Winchester: Why?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
270Winchester: Why?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well, it's a simple effective readily available proven cartridge.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by iddave
There are a LOT of stupid people from outside of Idaho commenting on happenings in Idaho. What you see in those videos isn't a "show". That's how a LOT of people from Idaho are wired to handle things.

It's a state grounded in self-reliance and free thinking. Sure there are exceptions to that, but if you draw 100 random names out of a hat in Idaho, about 75 of them are probably going to be gun owners and registered republicans.

I live in the suburbs of Boise, and even on my street of mostly white-collar families, there are at least 6 houses of current/former military personnel and twice that number of vehicles with Trump and/or NRA stickers. I'm more worried about space aliens abducting me than I am some dipchit, Antifa member doing harm to any of my loves ones in this state.

As far as the assertion that people won't do anything because of fear of being jailed....that isn't happening in Idaho unless you do something REALLY blatant and stupid. Our prosecutors are elected officials in Idaho and we are one of the most conservative states in the country with a very right-leaning "stand your ground" law to protect it's citizens.

You will NOT see the sort of foolishness happening in Idaho that has played out across the rest of the country. If you think otherwise, then you're grossly misinformed about the state and it's people.

Dave

Very well said Dave! And spot on for my part of the Idaho too.

Like you said, many people here are "wired" to be self-sufficient and won't stand by and watch some riot group try hurting their family, friends, neighbors, or destroy a business just because. If rioters like antifa want to start a problem here, they better make a quick hit and get the hell outta town because the locals are very likely to take care of the problem quickly.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I think Lewiston has a scheduled protest Saturday...Ought to be interesting..

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by sherm_61

Were arent they moving too.

Chicago, Detroit, Biloxi, Philly, NYC, Baltimore, Little Rock......

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by logcutter
I think Lewiston has a scheduled protest Saturday...Ought to be interesting..

You would not catch me dead at night in Lewiston. Very dangerous place. lol. Heading down to fish Dworshak next week heading through Lewiston

Last edited by ribka; 06/02/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lewiston is just across the river from Washington's hot bed of liberal radicals - Clarkston, pop. 7000. Barricade the bridge!!

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 51 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,641
Posts18,474,495
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.