Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by efw
I think that “the good ole days” are just as much a fantasy as the utopian future.

It’s always sucked. Our leaders have always disappointed, and the sin of our neighbors have always fueled self righteous indignation and blindness to our own sin.

There is nothing new under the sun.

This in spades.

And another one who wishes we would hear from UL more often.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UtahLefty

I've been around long enough to remember a time when the membership here would not have cheered the sight of the U.S military firing on unarmed U.S citizens , on church property no less, peacefully exercising a constitutional right.

We have lost our way on what it means to be a citizen of a democracy, much less what it should mean to be an American.

Given the amount of time I used to spend here, I am saddened by what the fire has become.

I know you probably won't be able to keep yourself from the usual STFU stuff but please try not to. I was a respected member here once.

I've said my peace and I will not be back.

thank you,

matt

It looks now that after 22,000 posts, you don't like differing opinions either.

What has the 'Fire become? Obviously something you fail to recognize. You think you Right Winged radicals cheering on totalitarianism, and you think you see peace loving people exercising their 1st Amend right and voicing their frustrations. However, you completely miss both. Completely.

To the last point first, these are not protestors. These are not people "frustrated' over an incident that occurred hundreds or thousands of miles from where they live. This isn't 1966 Watts, or 1967 Detroit or 1968 Memphis. These are no more Civil Rights Demonstrations than they are "peaceful". They are organize specifically to take advantage of a racial situation designed to destabilize society and the governments ability to successfully govern. They are designed to cause civil anarchy and to break law and order and cause the structure of society to crumble.

The cheers you might perceive from many members is for the push back against the forces that are systematically attacking our Rule of Law. That means our Democrats that have used everything they can dream up out of the Saul Alinsky playbook to cripple and destroy our elected President. Like him or not, like oBama or not, like W. Bush or not, they were elected by the voters and earned their right to govern with anarchy or organized coups.

You can take your ball and go home, but go with the realization that you are not seeing a bunch of old White men cheering brutality of some innocent poor AA protestors. You are seeing Right finally fed up with the various tactics of the Left and international Globalists and are glad to see push back against that movement.

When the Black, Democratic leadership of a major city like Atlanta is fed up with protestors and agitators and lawless rioters, people that have virtually no contact with any race other than their own should take note. This isn't about race.

You are still a respected member. I have respect for you. I also respectfully will disagree and have told you why. I'm not expecting to convert you and vice versa, but want you to at least another view of it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Utahleftist: How on earth will the CampFire ever get along without you, and your ilk?
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You wouldn't make a pimple on UtahLefty's ass...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I've been around long enough to remember a time when the membership here would not have cheered the sight of the U.S military firing on unarmed U.S citizens , on church property no less, peacefully exercising a constitutional right.

We have lost our way on what it means to be a citizen of a democracy, much less what it should mean to be an American.

Given the amount of time I used to spend here, I am saddened by what the fire has become.

I know you probably won't be able to keep yourself from the usual STFU stuff but please try not to. I was a respected member here once.

thank you,

matt

Matt, you are respected but I agree with you. I am on here less and less and too will likely drift away at some point as has lots of pards. The emotion here with the current events I feel the same as most everyone as I suspect you do too.

Too many angry people everywhere these days. If rather be in the woods anyway.

Regards - Greg

- Greg

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

thank you,

matt

You mean like when we fired on US veterans in Washington DC after WWI or the internment of japanese-americans after Peral Harbor or did I imagine that?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

thank you,

matt

In World War II Americans were able to accept over 500000 casualties persevere and win during Vietnam the number has fallen to less than 60000 . Today Americans are willing to accept very few casualties.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by GregW
Utahleftist: How on earth will the CampFire ever get along without you, and your ilk?
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

you have to admit that ul's post was a little dramatic.....respected member?......someone thinks a little to much of themselves ....bob

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by jorgeI

the internment of japanese-americans after Peral Harbor or did I imagine that?

As wrong as you might think it is now, it wasn’t wrong then. Don’t go getting all squishy-soft and think we shouldn’t have bombed those Japs either.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BobMt
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

you have to admit that ul's post was a little dramatic.....respected member?......someone thinks a little to much of themselves ....bob

I took it as an older member who's been around a while and has enough time here to comment on it. UtahLefty ain't a dramatic look at me type like...

- Greg

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

thank you,

matt

The perp is better people now.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Can say that I always enjoyed the birds,it was/is very interesting .

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bristoe

'Boo's burning down the country and the schitt for brains crew still think it's a good time to lecture white people about racism.

I saw a pair of 'boo's in Rochester NY beat the teatotal puddin' out of a little 50ish white woman with fuggin' 2X4s.

That's the racism that's catching my eye these days.

Damn straight!

Yep.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bristoe

'Boo's burning down the country and the schitt for brains crew still think it's a good time to lecture white people about racism.

I saw a pair of 'boo's in Rochester NY beat the teatotal puddin' out of a little 50ish white woman with fuggin' 2X4s.

That's the racism that's catching my eye these days.

Damn straight!

Yep.

Yep...

- Greg

M
M16 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Adios Lefty. Just wondering why you felt the need to announce your departure. Why not just slink off into the night? Were you afraid nobody would miss you?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HitnRun

As wrong as you might think it is now, it wasn’t wrong then. Don’t go getting all squishy-soft and think we shouldn’t have bombed those Japs either.

Nah, it was wrong then.

We were fighting the Germans and the Italians shortly after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor too.

There weren't wholesale gatherings of my ancestors that arrived in the US from Alsace and Italy.

Concentration camps for Americans, whatever flavor they may be is anathema to this American of foreign ancestry. 2nd generation if you must know.

What next, when a situation occurs in which the people in power are afraid of a certain group. A camp for Members of this forum???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I took it as an older member who's been around a while and has enough time here to comment on it. UtahLefty ain't a dramatic look at me type like...

That’s how I took it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
not well remembered , but a number German americans were rounded up and placed in camps during WW2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Blackheart
You know, I haven't watched much of it as living out here where there's been no protests/rioting I just don't give a shyt but the few video clips I have seen there appeared to be plenty of white ANTIFA types involved. Is that not the case ?

It is absolutely the case. They are filth and every bit as loathsome as any black thug. White liberals are their enablers.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd like to state for the record that I was never a better person.

Ever.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Nah, it was wrong then.

We were fighting the Germans and the Italians shortly after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor too.

There weren't wholesale gatherings of my ancestors that arrived in the US from Alsace and Italy.

Concentration camps for Americans, whatever flavor they may be is anathema to this American of foreign ancestry. 2nd generation if you must know.

What next, when a situation occurs in which the people in power are afraid of a certain group. A camp for Members of this forum???

You need to brush up on your history. It was no more a concentration camp than all slaves were shipped and chained. The Japanese were moved from the coastal areas to secure the coast from any unknown threat from the Japs. It is wasn’t Wong then.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,776
Posts18,476,982
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.