Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Just like the title says. How many did you get rid of today because of this #blackout movement on social media?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If this forum constitutes "social media", then I guess the answer for me is

NONE.

I don't use any of the others

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
None. I am not so petty as to compartmentalism those who wish to express their opinion. It’s is pretty simple to simply continue scrolling.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Music channel posted it.
Done listening to their programming.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don’t understand the question?

Do you mean how many people have I Mannlichered?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
None. I am not so petty as to compartmentalism those who wish to express their opinion. It’s is pretty simple to simply continue scrolling.

I don't really think it's petty when cities are literally being destroyed across the country due to a statistically false narrative.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

You're on ignore buddy.

Well, your links are, that's for f'n sure.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by ammoman16
None. I am not so petty as to compartmentalize those who wish to express their opinion. It’s is pretty simple to simply continue scrolling.

I don't really think it's petty when cities are literally being destroyed across the country due to a statistically false narrative.

I did not say that it did, you've misread what I wrote.

There is also a vast difference in protesting and rioting/looting. The former is far more prevalent than the "news" leads on. The looters and vandals are criminals, full stop!

However, others howing support for a cause that you may not agree with, and thereby you dismiss them, is indeed petty.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually, I got rid of a goodly amount of my leftist baggage in 2016. I got tired of being told that I HAD to vote for Hillary Clinton. One old girlfriend hinted suicide if Trump won. I countered with the threat that if they didn't all pledge to vote for Donald Trump that I was going to purposely burn an extra doe tag in the upcoming KY deer season. It was up to them: either vote Trump or the deer dies.

This is the pic that really did it:

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

I got unfriended by a good many people. My Facebook had suddenly far fewer cat pictures and tofu recipes. Life was good.

Last edited by shaman; 06/03/20.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shaman
One old girlfriend hinted suicide if Trump won. I countered with the threat...
The implication is she was threatening suicide. She may have seen it that way but it sounds more like win-win.

IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I think "unfriend" is a FaceBook term. I'm not on FaceBook. I don't support leftist businesses.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
None. I am not so petty as to compartmentalize those who wish to express their opinion. It’s is pretty simple to simply continue scrolling.

There is also a vast difference in protesting and rioting/looting. The former is far more prevalent than the "news" leads on. The looters and vandals are criminals, full stop!

However, others howing support for a cause that you may not agree with, and thereby you dismiss them, is indeed petty.

I didn't misread what you wrote at all. You said you think it's petty. I disagree. People are supporting a completely false narrative that is tearing the country apart. Whether it's rioters or peaceful protestors is irrelevant and they are pushing their political agenda on others without being asked. If they want to show support in certain groups, that's one thing, but to try to force your message upon those who want no part of it is different.

Last edited by ammoman16; 06/03/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I didn't misread what you read at all. You said you think it's petty. I disagree. People are supporting a completely false narrative that is tearing the country apart. Whether it's rioters or peaceful protestors is irrelevant and they are pushing their political agenda on others without being asked. If they want to show support in certain groups, that's one thing, but to try to force your message upon those who want no part of it is different.

I agreee ammoman, I think you read his post just fine as I did. I did unfriend a couple people.

MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just like the title says. How many did you get rid of today because of this #blackout movement on social media?
I stay off all social media...except this site.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I think "unfriend" is a FaceBook term. I'm not on FaceBook. I don't support leftist businesses.

Never bought anything from amazon? I could go on, but the virtue signaling by saying "I'm better than you because I don't do xyz" is a little passe at this point don't you think?

MAGA
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't friend or unfriend through an electronic device.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by shaman
Actually, I got rid of a goodly amount of my leftist baggage in 2016. I got tired of being told that I HAD to vote for Hillary Clinton. One old girlfriend hinted suicide if Trump won. I countered with the threat that if they didn't all pledge to vote for Donald Trump that I was going to purposely burn an extra doe tag in the upcoming KY deer season. It was up to them: either vote Trump or the deer dies.

This is the pic that really did it:

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

I got unfriended by a good many people. My Facebook had suddenly far fewer cat pictures and tofu recipes. Life was good.

one does what one has to do. a local fb page is celebrating the wonderful kumba meeting for blm last night on the square. now most of those celebrating invaded from california or some other cess pool. there are very few blacks in my home town. I really want to suggest if y ou love th e black population so much, why not move to south phoenix where you can experience it every day.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I didn't misread what you read at all. You said you think it's petty. I disagree. People are supporting a completely false narrative that is tearing the country apart. Whether it's rioters or peaceful protestors is irrelevant and they are pushing their political agenda on others without being asked. If they want to show support in certain groups, that's one thing, but to try to force your message upon those who want no part of it is different.

I agreee ammoman, I think you read his post just fine as I did. I did unfriend a couple people.

i use to do that, unfriend them, not anymore. i would rather irritate the crap out of them with me being me. the soon leave on their own.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not one.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston

Well I still read what you say Kingston. I put trolls and azzholes on ignore, not decent folks. 😏

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 46 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,239
Posts18,485,851
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.