Campfire Ranger
G
Protect thy pension.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
If this thread is indicative of the best thinking we can do here in the 'fire, we are screwed.

Please inform everyone as to what everyone should be thinking, Oh Wizard of Odd. Don't just sniff the panties from 5 feet away with vague comments like this. Get your nose wet........

I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with you. Just curious about what you see the solution to all of this being.......

When the OP identifies specific situations to which he is referring and analyzes the actions of the officers on scene, he will have the answer to his question. To pose such a broad question about a collective group of highly unique situations is either disingenuous or dumb. The bad actors are purposefully creating a lot of no win situations for officers. There is no good solution. It's like treating cancer. It's not easy to cure the problem, doing nothing isn't likely to help and the measures needed to beat it into submission are painful and can sometimes cause an unintended death.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
If this thread is indicative of the best thinking we can do here in the 'fire, we are screwed.

Please inform everyone as to what everyone should be thinking, Oh Wizard of Odd. Don't just sniff the panties from 5 feet away with vague comments like this. Get your nose wet........

I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with you. Just curious about what you see the solution to all of this being.......

When the OP identifies specific situations to which he is referring and analyzes the actions of the officers on scene, he will have the answer to his question. To pose such a broad question about a collective group of highly unique situations is either disingenuous or dumb. The bad actors are purposefully creating a lot of no win situations for officers. There is no good solution. It's like treating cancer. It's not easy to cure the problem, doing nothing isn't likely to help and the measures needed to beat it into submission are painful and can sometimes cause an unintended death.

well said. Its all about optics now. I initially thought kneeling Price was ridiculous but now reassessing. LEO's are in a no win situation. Do their job they are trained for and will lose your job and face possible prosecution.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My question is how many more "protests" do we need for them to see that most of what they are demanding is happening - 4 fired officers, 1 arrested and charged. The only thing that has not happened is the kangaroo court that they want so they can lynch the officer. He may be guilty, but our system is based on having a fair trial with a jury of his peers. There is no way he will get a "fair trial" in Minneapolis - the AA's have decided he is guilty. My feeling is that what they want is the police to be restricted to policing white folks, doing nothing to any blacks - let them rob, murder, riot, whatever, with no fear of even seeing a cop on their street. I know that there are a lot of black folks that do not want this - they are civilized. Maybe it is time to do what several on here have stated - pull the cops from the mlnority areas and let them do their thing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I agree. In fact I think that very thing every time I read one of your posts.

Ain't that the truth.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

You're still sniffing panties from 5 feet away.

So far you're not telling anyone what they can't smell for themselves from 50 feet away.

Put your nose into it if you're gong to be an expert on the subject............

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
My guess is that the police are being hobbled by ROE from their liberal mayor.

If the police were told to stand their ground, and use lethal force if you feel threatened with death or serious bodily injury, we would be seeing a different situation. Protesters would be getting seriously injured and killed. That is exactly the optic the left-wing press is waiting for.

The mayors order the police to retreat, fall back, whatever you want to call it, to avoid lethal force situations. Then Governors like Cuomo come on national TV and blame the destruction on the police not doing their job.

It's a horrible situation for these officers to be in.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You're still sniffing panties from 5 feet away.

So far you're not telling anyone what they can't smell for themselves from 50 feet away.

Put your nose into it if you're gong to be an expert on the subject............

Give me one specific encounter, and I will answer the OPs question although not likely with his either/or choices. My entire point is that seeking polar answers to a host of highly individual and unique law enforcement situations is a fools errand. And the fools have lined up to put their ignorance on display.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I guess Bayou the Boob and RingTurd can’t watch the news and see cops are being disciplined or terminated all over the country.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave
I guess Bayou the Boob and RingTurd can’t watch the news and see cops are being disciplined or terminated all over the country.

I see it clearly and I don't like it at all. What are you trying to insinuate while chugging on your milk carton?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That the police are neither “puzzified” nor demonstrating restraint.

They’re doing as the elected officials tell them.

Last edited by deflave; 06/03/20.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

That's easy to see, Sherlock........

When did I say something differently? I simply asked The Wizard of Odd to elaborate on his assertions as he seemed to be a subject matter expert. I was interested in his further explanations.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 700LH
Clusterfuk

Yeah.

Thanks to America’s soccer moms.

Like you.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Good.

Vote accordingly.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Good.

Vote accordingly.

When have I done anything differently? Please explain between gulps of milk........

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I can’t view your voting record but based on your posts I can decipher that it doesn’t take much to push you toward stupid.

Your posts on this thread and anything concerning The Bologna Virus are prime examples.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The end result of all this is going to be the Ferguson effect. The cops are going to stop policing the black areas and the crime rate in the black areas are going to go through the roof. The same thing has been going on in Chicago for years.

Since the cops stopped policing the black areas in Ferguson Missouri, the crime rate has gone through the roof there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/07/20/the-ferguson-effect/

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel told Lynch that his officers were going “fetal”: “They have pulled back from the ability to interdict,” he said. “They don’t want to be a news story themselves, they don’t want their career ended early, and it’s having an impact.”

2015 closed with a 17 percent increase in homicides in the 56 largest cities, a nearly unprecedented one-year spike. Twelve cities with large black populations saw murders rise anywhere from 54 percent in the case of the District to 90 percent in Cleveland. Baltimore’s per capita murder rate was the highest in its history in 2015.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Protect thy pension.

Kinda like a journeyman plumber.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I can’t view your voting record but based on your posts I can decipher that it doesn’t take much to push you toward stupid.

Your posts on this thread and anything concerning The Bologna Virus are prime examples.

Oh, you're still pissed because I didn't choose to atone for you when you demanded it.... laugh For a fact, you misread most of my Bologna Virus posts simply because they didn't follow your directive 100% at the time.

laugh

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
People that can’t admit they are wrong shouldn’t be listened to.

It’s indicative of low character and the inability to reason.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.