Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Never thought I would see a Pitt that was as sweet as a Lab but I guess we got lucky. She's a keeper.

Until you gt unlucky and she isn't sweet any more.

Fool.

I have trained horses and dogs for decades and am an excellent judge of character in both species. Either one can kill or maim you. No exceptions if they are strong enough to do so and Pitts absolutely fall into that category . Should they all be killed? No they have their uses and not all are bad.

Had a neighbor about four months ago working cattle in lots and an old cow hit a gate he was by and it hit him in the head killed him on the spot. Cattle can be dangerous too. Guess we should kill every one of those we see also.

I've started dozens of young horses under saddle and they are dangerous. If you do not know what you are doing you can easily and quickly get hurt or even dead. Guess we should kill all of them too.

I have a SIL that is highly trained Special Forces type. He can be dangerous if crossed and according to some of you fellas here he should be put down too.

The foolishness lies with folks that are afraid of something they can not control. This thread is easily along the lines that every snake that crawls around needs to be killed which is utter nonsense. The world is a dangerous place sometimes If you can not handle that I will suggest you stay hidden safely behind your keyboard and leave the management of Gods creatures to the professionals....

I don't know how to say this politely, but it is not going to stop me. There is so goddam much dumb in that post, I don't know where to start. You just compared a cow butting into a gate that hit a man to pit bull attacks. You just compared a highly trained soldier to a pit bull. Did you know that soldiers don't chew the face off of infants? Did you know that soldiers don't come pouring out from beneath doublewides in packs and attack kids and old men? For that matter, cows don't either. Frankly, I am more than a little disappointed to have to point this out to you. The foolishness lies with the people who use their keyboards to parade stupidity in front of the whole world.

No need to be polite, just be honest. I’ve been around cattle and horses much of my life, born raised on a cattle farm. Still get there often. Comparing them to pit bulls, seriously???
Comparing a cow hits gate that hits a man and kills him, and the other comparisons to pits, is beyond laughable.

NRA Patron
GB4

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
[/quote] Jam your finger up the dog's ass. It WILL let go, it keeps you further from the business end and for some strange reason, it sucks the fight right out of them. I know of one very reliable account of this working and I have heard of others. https://www.google.com/search?q=fin...138j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8[/quote]

I have had a vet tell me the way she handles untractable dogs that need attention at the front end by sticking an ice cube up their butt. They forget all about what'/s going on up front.

So there you have it. Always go armed with a bag of ice cubes....

My wife and I barely escaped several times over the ast few weeks. We are clearing some trees out of our 1.5 acre jungle around the house (anoither story!), and hauling the slash a few miles down the road to a place that wants fill.

The first time, no one was there except an exceptionally pretty pit bull. Darned thing was ecstatic to see us, especially on successive trips when she recognized the truck.. Between the demand for pets, the face licking (she was tasting us for a future kill, I suppose - and I seldom allow strange dogs anywhere near my head or neck), we darned near couldnt get back into the truck. We did keep our dogs in the truck.

Be advised I do exercise greater caution around "attack dogs", than I do the common mutt, or other putebreds like Labs, GR, etc. - reading the individual dog is a skill to be cultivated. And yeah, a woman with a pit is a red flag.

A week later, Honey HalfLab went out the window which I had left unrolled too far, and the two dogs had a grand time while I unloaded.

If we are going to blamket wrap whole categories of things, I suggest you blanket pit bull haters are probably the same folks that wantonly kill snakes.

So there!

Last edited by las; 06/03/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Never thought I would see a Pitt that was as sweet as a Lab but I guess we got lucky. She's a keeper.

Fool.

I have trained horses and dogs for decades and am an excellent judge of character in both species. Either one can kill or maim you. No exceptions if they are strong enough to do so and Pitts absolutely fall into that category . Should they all be killed? No they have their uses and not all are bad.

Had a neighbor about four months ago working cattle in lots and an old cow hit a gate he was by and it hit him in the head killed him on the spot. Cattle can be dangerous too. Guess we should kill every one of those we see also.

I've started dozens of young horses under saddle and they are dangerous. If you do not know what you are doing you can easily and quickly get hurt or even dead. Guess we should kill all of them too.

I have a SIL that is highly trained Special Forces type. He can be dangerous if crossed and according to some of you fellas here he should be put down too.

The foolishness lies with folks that are afraid of something they can not control. This thread is easily along the lines that every snake that crawls around needs to be killed which is utter nonsense. The world is a dangerous place sometimes If you can not handle that I will suggest you stay hidden safely behind your keyboard and leave the management of Gods creatures to the professionals....

I don't know how to say this politely, but it is not going to stop me. There is so goddam much dumb in that post, I don't know where to start. You just compared a cow butting into a gate that hit a man to pit bull attacks. You just compared a highly trained soldier to a pit bull. Did you know that soldiers don't chew the face off of infants? Did you know that soldiers don't come pouring out from beneath doublewides in packs and attack kids and old men? For that matter, cows don't either. Frankly, I am more than a little disappointed to have to point this out to you. The foolishness lies with the people who use their keyboards to parade stupidity in front of the whole world.

You've made some pretty astute posts here today.

I'm impressed. You have raised my opinion of pedal bikers.

a smidge. smile

MAGA
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
High IQ owner.

https://youtu.be/oU2mkOzdxXk

I'd be trying to dig some eyes out.

meth and pitbulls. What a wonderful combination

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Fool.

You've made some pretty astute posts here today.

I'm impressed. You have raised my opinion of pedal bikers.

a smidge. smile

Hang in there my friend. I am confident I will do something to harsh that buzz!

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by las
Jam your finger up the dog's ass. It WILL let go, it keeps you further from the business end and for some strange reason, it sucks the fight right out of them. I know of one very reliable account of this working and I have heard of others. https://www.google.com/search?q=fin...138j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8[/quote]

I have had a vet tell me the way she handles untractable dogs that need attention at the front end by sticking an ice cube up their butt. They forget all about what'/s going on up front.

My wife and I barely escaped several times over the ast few weeks. We are clearing some trees out of our 1.5 acre jungle around the house (anoither story!), and hauling the slash a few miles down the road to a place that wants fill.

The first time, no one was there except an exceptionally pretty pit bull. Darned thing was ecstatic to see us, especially on successive trips when she recognized the truck.. Between the demand for pets, the face licking (she was tasting us for a future kill, I suppose - and I seldom allow strange dogs anywhere near my head or neck), we darned near couldnt get back into the truck. We did keep our dogs in the truck.

Be advised I do exercise greater caution around "attack dogs", than I do the common mutt, or other putebreds like Labs, GR, etc. - reading the individual dog is a skill to be cultivated. And yeah, a woman with a pit is a red flag.

A week later, Honey HalfLab went out the window which I had left unrolled too far, and the two dogs had a grand time while I unloaded.

If we are going to blamket wrap whole categories of things, I suggest you blanket pit bull haters are probably the same folks that wantonly kill snakes.

So there!
[/quote]

How nice.

Lots of poisonous snakes in Alaska ?
Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
thanks paul, got the image posting down now I believe

this was my pit bull wiener dog mix named Kami
Her mother was a pit bull, father a miniature black dachshund. neighbors gave me this dog as a pup so her lineage is 100% correct

miss her a lot as she was a wonderful dog. She was not too keen on adult males, but loved women and kids. Hell on cats and groundhogs around the farm
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by las
Jam your finger up the dog's ass. It WILL let go, it keeps you further from the business end and for some strange reason, it sucks the fight right out of them. I know of one very reliable account of this working and I have heard of others. https://www.google.com/search?q=fin...138j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8[/quote]

So there!
[/quote]

What I've found even more effective is to grab the dog by the esophagus and attempt to tear it out of their body. It sorta takes the will to fight outa the dog, 'ya know, when you can't breathe? Kind of like the last guy I got into a fight with a long, long time ago....."when I grab onto something I'm goint to try and tear it off...eyes, ears, noses, hair, anything". You're either serious about it or your not. I'd love to see someone break up a pitbull fight by cramming ice cubes up its wazoooo.........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Seems like there are no bad dogs....only poorly trained dogs.

Unless they are a rescue.
The absolute best dog I ever had was a rescue. He literally had no bad habits, didn't have a mean bone in his body and was smart as a whip. The dumbest, most useless, unhealthy dogs I've had have been registered purebred.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

only issue with that method is you're going to get bit.

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by las
Jam your finger up the dog's ass. It WILL let go, it keeps you further from the business end and for some strange reason, it sucks the fight right out of them. I know of one very reliable account of this working and I have heard of others. https://www.google.com/search?q=fin...138j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

So there!
[/quote]

What I've found even more effective is to grab the dog by the esophagus and attempt to tear it out of their body. It sorta takes the will to fight outa the dog, 'ya know, when you can't breathe? Kind of like the last guy I got into a fight with a long, long time ago....."when I grab onto something I'm goint to try and tear it off...eyes, ears, noses, hair, anything". You're either serious about it or your not. I'd love to see someone break up a pitbull fight by cramming ice cubes up its wazoooo.........
[/quote]

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
He'll be hurt a whole lot worse than I will. BTDT.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kevinJ
thanks paul, got the image posting down now I believe

this was my pit bull wiener dog mix named Kami
Her mother was a pit bull, father a miniature black dachshund. neighbors gave me this dog as a pup so her lineage is 100% correct

miss her a lot as she was a wonderful dog. She was not too keen on adult males, but loved women and kids. Hell on cats and groundhogs around the farm
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Friggin love it man!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
.. But I hate most any dog...

Then your heart is black...👿

Thats like saying more people are shot with a BB gun than a 30-06.

If someone fired a BB at an infant at close range
do they get a pass coz it wasn't an 06..?
IF an ankle biter snaps or disfigures an infant,
is it deemed sufficient for capitol punishment?

Some parents think it's acceptable risk that
a small terrier could disfigured their child, they
can live with that - just as long as a Pit bull
doesn't kill their child... cause we all know
that leaving your kids alone with a. 22 LR revolver
ain't like leaving them alone with a Mac 11.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Originally Posted by Igloo
Have seen propaganda here and there (especially social media and yes being there is a mistake) that shows the purported amount of bites by breed.

Small dogs are always first

Pit bulls are always last

THIS

I can football kick a small dog and not fight for my life.

It's not even Igloo's full post. I see it was edited a few moments after his original but if you read his post, this is cherry picked and is completely out of context.

Thank you. What I edited was a line at the end about how part of my loathing of the breed comes from the owners. I meant it in a very local sense and didn't want anyone to be offended by what would sound like a very broad generalization.

The part about how even if that WERE true the most revealing metric would be the damage done per attack, was always present.

Last edited by Igloo; 06/03/20.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope the fellow in the OP recovers quickly.

I think the pinhead wahmen who adopt pound pits and pit mixes are trying out their belief in nurture over nature. It is the low rent variant of adopting an african baby. And the whole deal is even more likely to end in tears than if someone who believes nature is dominant were to adopt.

APBT, dobies, rotts (& others) can all put a serious hurt on someone and are curiously sensitive (and thus easily soured). They and many other dog breeds require more from the owner than your average lab or beagle. Owned and been around that sort quite a bit and I am not keen on getting another.

Of course, APBT were not considered a menace to society until they became popular with urban trash. APBT surely do have in-born tendencies which a reasonable owner can keep in line. But when the owner is an 85IQ criminal moron, we see the worst come out.

Last edited by jfruser; 06/03/20.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by deflave
.. But I hate most any dog...

Then your heart is black...👿

If someone fired a BB at an infant at close range
do they get a pass coz it wasn't an 06..?
IF an ankle biter snaps or disfigures an infant,
is it deemed sufficient for capitol punishment?

Some parents think it's acceptable risk that
a small terrier could disfigured their child, they
can live with that - just as long as a Pit bull
doesn't kill their child... cause we all know
that leaving your kids alone with a. 22 LR revolver
ain't like leaving them alone with a Mac 11.

More of your inane stupidity on display here. Dumbass analogies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The same old Toot that has a habit of being unable
to understand or explain things properly.

why doesn't the CF have a special needs section
for his type?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The same old Toot that has a habit of being unable
to understand or explain things properly.

why doesn't the CF have a special needs section
for his type?

They do but it’s already occupied by yourself, you dumbphhuukk.

Hopefully that’s explained properly to you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Toot reminds me of an old manged toothless
crossbred Pit bull.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Toot reminds me of an old manged toothless
crossbred Pit bull.

That would be the total limit of your imagination.

Go change your diaper.

Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,248
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.