Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

One of my grandsons has a weekend of baseball in Atlanta starting tomorrow. They will be traveling I-20 thru, Jackson Ms., BirminghamAl., and into Atlanta. Hopefully they don’t get a first hand view if what our “new” America looks like! They are not naive, and somewhat prepared.....but, crap can still get beyond your control quickly!

I really wish they weren’t going, but with no HS Baseball this year.....this is a good opportunity to be seen by college scouts. Maybe a good showing can help him get a scholarship! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I sure as fugg wouldn't.....but good luck too him.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Why doesn't he just fly?

Mathew 22: 37-39

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If they are white, they will be fine. CV19 will be their biggest threat. If they are black, they might want to reconsider.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where is the tournament in ATL?

Lakepoint or East Cobb? Either way, nothing to worry about. There will be no need for them to go downtown. Ain't no brothers in East Cobb that aren't Lvy League. At Lakepoint, ain't no brothers in Emerson period. Organizers will have to bus them in and there is nowhere to protest, so no worries.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari

Lakepoint or East Cobb? Either way, nothing to worry about. There will be no need for them to go downtown. Ain't no brothers in East Cobb that aren't Lvy League. At Lakepoint, ain't no brothers in Emerson period. Organizers will have to bus them in and there is nowhere to protest, so no worries.
I've only been to Atlanta once that I can recall, so I'm sure you know more about local conditions than me. That said, the "protestors" have really been taking the fight to the enemy around here, gathering in places that aren't the hood, so what you're saying may not matter.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
We just played our first tournament last weekend, I will say that absolutely no social distancing was going on. We had to sign a covid waiver though.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Tell her to stay away from downtown Atlanta, don't let anybody use her cell phone and don't give money to bums.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
If they are white, they will be fine. CV19 will be their biggest threat. If they are black, they might want to reconsider.

Good work following along with the statistics, but it might just be better that say “Avoid blacks”. Not only do they commit the most violence against their fellow blacks but also against Whites as well. Blacks are at higher risk for violent crime only because they more often associate with other blacks.

Not an easy thing to do in a city that is more than half black but a good thing to be mindful of.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by hatari

I've only been to Atlanta once that I can recall, so I'm sure you know more about local conditions than me. That said, the "protestors" have really been taking the fight to the enemy around here, gathering in places that aren't the hood, so what you're saying may not matter.

Much of it depends on where the tournament is. I've been coaching travel baseball for 10 years so know all the venues. Saying there is a tournament "In Atlanta" means Greater Metro ATL, which covers a lot of ground. If they are at Lakepoint or East Cobb, where most of the HS age top ball is, no issues.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

I’m actually more worried about Jackson and Birmingham than Atlanta. I know that the team is putting them up in pretty nice motels. I’ll try and find out which field/park they are playing at! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Tell her this stop for gas outside of the cities. No real small exits but the ones with 2-3 stations and they'll be fine.

M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

Well, they made Atlanta with no issues. And the tournament will be at Lakepoint. Things are looking up! Now, if he has a good tournament.....maybe it was worth the risk! memtb

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
If you are asking people that question here...........you already know the answer...........most of that (college scouts can see him is BS used by summer leagues making a buck. Every coach has already seen internet footage of the kids they want to offer a scholarship to.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by memtb

One of my grandsons has a weekend of baseball in Atlanta starting tomorrow. They will be traveling I-20 thru, Jackson Ms., BirminghamAl., and into Atlanta. Hopefully they don’t get a first hand view if what our “new” America looks like! They are not naive, and somewhat prepared.....but, crap can still get beyond your control quickly!

I really wish they weren’t going, but with no HS Baseball this year.....this is a good opportunity to be seen by college scouts. Maybe a good showing can help him get a scholarship! memtb

best of luck. hope he has a good showing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by memtb

I’m actually more worried about Jackson and Birmingham than Atlanta. I know that the team is putting them up in pretty nice motels. I’ll try and find out which field/park they are playing at! memtb

Saw they made it.

I-20 thru JXN is smooth sailing. Once you get to pearl or Brandon it’s safe to stop for fuel.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by nealglen37
If you are asking people that question here...........you already know the answer...........most of that (college scouts can see him is BS used by summer leagues making a buck. Every coach has already seen internet footage of the kids they want to offer a scholarship to.

In most cases you are very correct. However, he was lucky enough that, he didn’t pay to play on the team.....and the team covers all travel, room and board for the players! So.....my daughter is out “nothing” except for her personal expenses (she even stays in his room (paid for by the team). It’s the best thing he’s had in his many years of tournament ball!

Thanks to all for your concerns/comments and well-wishes! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 06/04/20.

M
memtb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Just talked to daughter, his first game tonight.....he’s out fishing, right now! That boys has 3 loves in his life....baseball, hunting, and fishing! smile memtb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Situational awareness, take no unnessisary risk, and be prepared.

I have 2 teenage kids, they both are aware that their cars. Awd suvs, are 4000 pound weapons, and they both have high quality mace with a spray and run mentality.

That said, situational awareness and no unnessisary risk are the most useful.

Last edited by PPosey; 06/04/20.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You’re worrying about things you have no control of because the TV is telling you to.

In all likelihood your kid and associated in-law make daily decisions that you wouldn’t agree with.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 18 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,804
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.