Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Please tell me it is a Savage-built Lewis Gun. Oh, never mind, they weigh more than 12 pounds.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Now it's gained a pound. Was shipped at 12lbs, now it's 13lbs. Maybe it'll have babies by the time it gets here.

That means the driver left it on the wrong porch the first time. Then an honest person called in and told them to come get it, that they would leave it on the porch. Then when the driver went back to the wrong house and got it, it was sogging wet, rained all night. So, then they sent it to over goods where they repacked it in a dry box. It's just that the bolt hole in the stock had filled up with water, that's just about a pound. Maybe it will swell enough to make a good grip, always thought those grips were too narrow.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just sent a package to Maryland. I hope I don't get fireballed.

LOL
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Nah, you never have a problem with out going stuff. I think your driver likes to use your boxes as a bench when he eats lunch.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 99guy
I’ll be the one to ask

What did you get Rory?

grin

But will I get it? Have to wait and see..

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I just sent a package to Maryland. I hope I don't get fireballed.

I'm just about to send one to Maryland myself. Don't want no Fireballs!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
It's an omen. I was watching it from the get go and was just about to bid. Glad I held off now. I don't know many that are any more nervous than me when a gun is in shipment. I am pretty certain I have bought my last. Times, they are a changing.

Maybe it'd have been better if you got it. Whatever the heck happened in KC wouldn't have happened if it was on it's way to NH.

Oh well.. what will be, will be. If it shows up damaged, tho.. going to be tough to decide whether to take it or refuse it.

PS: Apparently they've put it on a quantum drive rocket... at 12:18 it was in transit at Salt Lake City, and at 12:34 it's in transit at Wamsutter, WY without leaving Salt Lake. That's 250 miles without ever leaving. Or maybe it's in two parts now? Naah...

Last edited by Calhoun; 06/05/20.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Or it could be laying outside your house in the bushes.

I ordered a bunch of powder from Graf's once. FedEx tracking said it was delivered. I averred that it wasn't. Went round and round, and got Grafs involved. Grafs said nicely that they saw no further point in arguing with FedEx so they replaced the whole order. FedEx man who delivered it said he was the guy who delivered the first one, and was most ungracious about it. Fine. Forgot about it. Month or so later I was weed whacking out behind the house, 20 feet from a permanently nailed shut door which no one had passed through since around 1983- and guess what I found. The package the driver swore he left "right by the door". A package of a size and weight that a dog couldn't have dragged off or the wind blown away. (Yeah the powder was still good thanks to modern packaging.)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
bought a 54 cal green mountain replacement barrel for a muzzle loader. got the tracking number. said it was in Tacoma. then it got to spokane. then it went to Salt lake city. then it went back to Spokane. then it came north to a Bar/hardware/grocery store/post office in Naples. 40 miles away from me. then it went back to spokane. then back to Nipples.
talked to the Post mistress in Bonners Ferry and she assured me she would take care of it.
next week it went to Troy Montana, back to Naples, then BF.
i finally talked with my route carrier. he intercepted it on its way back to tacoma and i got it 6 weeks after getting the tracking number. the box looked like it had been dragged the whole trip.
i am shy about using USPS for anything anymore

Last edited by deerstalker; 06/06/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I got a 99H shipped from WY to MN a couple weeks ago. Took an extra week to week and a half to arrive. The tracking history stalled for a while and I started to panic a bit. Then it showed up. During that same time I got a 1899F shipped from so Cali and it showed up a couple days early. Glad my balls didn't catch fire laugh

Last edited by damnesia; 06/06/20.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We received several FedEx packages last night. God knows what time as I went inside mid-evening. The bozo delivery guy didn't ring the bell, knock, or anything- just left them sitting outside in the rain. Could've opened the exterior door and set them in the entryway ( a sort of mud room outside of the locked main door), but no, he had to leave them out in the weather. Thankfully nothing was wrecked. It would have taken him exactly 5 seconds of his time....

Here's an idiotic trick (policy?) of our local Post Office: Whenever a large parcel arrives, the mailman delivers it back to the house but deposits the regular mail in the mailbox instead of bringing it along with him back to the house. (Mailbox is 250 yards away at the end of the driveway.)When asked why, he just shrugs.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 06/06/20.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We switched to a PO box because our mail carrier would sit at the end of the driveway and honk if the package didn't fit in the mailbox. Then just toss it on the ground if no one came out. Well then there is also the snowplows that liked to bury only our mailbox in snow or knock it over. No one else's on our road, just ours.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The gun is currently in transit in:
Salt Lake City, UT
Wamsutter, WY
and Commerce City, CO

In transit in all 3 places.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Calhoun
The gun is currently in transit in:
Salt Lake City, UT
Wamsutter, WY
and Commerce City, CO

In transit in all 3 places.

Hopefully you will eventually get all three of the parts so you can possibly get it put back together..... that is if it wasn't broken into more than 3 parts and they lost some....

I've had more issue with FedEx than any other carrier.

Gene
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Having had a career in software development...

Their system offends me at a deep (and now personal) level.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rory, just think, maybe they will deliver 3 complete guns! gotta think like Pollyanna! grin

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rejoice Rory! That means that you're gonna get it all. Lock, Stock and Barrel. grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
You guys are horribly cruel.. grin

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Rory, just checked your tracking numbers I can confirm the parcel has now cleared Lightning Ridge

Johno

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think I just saw it floating down the Chesapeake Bay.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Amos63, 16 invisible), 1,563 guests, and 874 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,941
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.