Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I am not required to have a boating safety card in Tennessee because of age. I am going to Alabama this weekend to fish. I see they require a card for all boat operators. Is this rabidly enforced? Is there any way I can get one before the weekend?

Our TWRA offers a class, but is currently closed because of Covid.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I don't think we have a boating safety card. You are required to have a drivers license which has to have a boating license on it as well. If your drivers license allows you to operate a boat in your home state then you should be OK.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

I don't think we have a boating safety card. You are required to have a drivers license which has to have a boating license on it as well. If your drivers license allows you to operate a boat in your home state then you should be OK.

We don’t have that in Tennessee.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I am not required to have a boating safety card in Tennessee because of age. I am going to Alabama this weekend to fish. I see they require a card for all boat operators. Is this rabidly enforced? Is there any way I can get one before the weekend?

Our TWRA offers a class, but is currently closed because of Covid.

I will send a message to their director of Marine Resources Enforcement. He's a friend of mine. I'll get back to you.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
In the meantime, here's a free online class you can take. It'll eat up 3-4 hours of your time. You'll get a printable certificate immediately then they'll send you a wallet card for a nominal fee.

https://www.boatus.org/tennessee/#:~:text=The%20BoatUS%20Foundation's%20Online%20Course,before%201%2F1%2F1989.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Haha.

That this post was about something important.

Like “do Bama fish have more than one teeth” ?

😂🤪. Roe Tide.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Haha.

That this post was about something important.

Like “do Bama fish have more than one teeth” ?

😂🤪. Roe Tide.

Ha, dats "one toof" bro.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You don't need an operator license. This is copied from: http://www.outdooralabama.com/

CERTIFICATION / LICENSE REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-RESIDENTS:

Non-residents 12 years old and older, may operate on Alabama waters up to 45 days per calendar year without having to obtain a vessel operator's license. If operating a vessel for more than 45 days per calendar year, the non-resident must get an Alabama Non-Resident Vessel Operator's License. Non-residents who have obtained a vessel certification or license from their home state may use that in lieu of the Alabama Non-Resident Vessel Operator's License. HOWEVER: Non-resident vessel operators 12 or 13 years old, can only operate if there is someone 21 years old or older on board, who either has a valid vessel operator's license in possession or falls under the 45-day exemption period because of non-residency status, and who is seated in a position to take immediate control of the vessel if necessary.

Non-residents 14 years old or older, may legally operate without supervision.

Last edited by Bama_Rick; 06/03/20.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
You don't need an operator license. This is copied from: http://www.outdooralabama.com/

Non-residents 12 years old and older, may operate on Alabama waters up to 45 days per calendar year without having to obtain a vessel operator's license. If operating a vessel for more than 45 days per calendar year, the non-resident must get an Alabama Non-Resident Vessel Operator's License. Non-residents who have obtained a vessel certification or license from their home state may use that in lieu of the Alabama Non-Resident Vessel Operator's License. HOWEVER: Non-resident vessel operators 12 or 13 years old, can only operate if there is someone 21 years old or older on board, who either has a valid vessel operator's license in possession or falls under the 45-day exemption period because of non-residency status, and who is seated in a position to take immediate control of the vessel if necessary.

Thank you, sir! I did not find that. Takes a load off my mind.

Also, thank you to everyone who responded.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No problem! I thought that was the case, but looked to make sure. Boat and Pwc rental is big business down here with tourists. Can't let a silly license get in the way...

We're gonna need fish pics! grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That was also confirmed by my bud.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
No problem! I thought that was the case, but looked to make sure. Boat and Pwc rental is big business down here with tourists. Can't let a silly license get in the way...

We're gonna need fish pics! grin

No problem! Just tell me where and how to catch them.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

That was also confirmed by my bud.

Thank you for checking.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You are only required to have what is required by your state. Where are you going fishing?

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mirage243
You are only required to have what is required by your state. Where are you going fishing?

Lake Guntersville. We’re staying in Langston.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Guntersville is th best bass lake in the state, I live on the best crappie lake in the state, Wedowee (R.L. Harris Resevoir)

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

Guntersville is th best bass lake in the state, I live on the best crappie lake in the state, Wedowee (R.L. Harris Resevoir)

Cool! I like crappie.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,568 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,408
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.