Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Good fortune, LD.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Good fortune, LD.

Thanks, Doc.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by local_dirt

About $5700 out of pocket counting doctor, corrective lenses, and surgical center. This is with good insurance. Geebus.

Damn that doesn't sound like very good insurance to me, We paid a total of 600.00 out of pocket for the entire deal including annual followups.

Medicare and United American.

Did you opt for the multi-focal lenses, laser procedure, and stigmatism correction done at a surgical center?

Last edited by local_dirt; 06/05/20.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
You could get the other eye done with a close lens, univision or something they called it for me.

Would have worked great, except I had a "bleeder" inside my eye, 3rd one in 17 years according to my Doc. Eventually, that led (or might have, of course they don't want to say for sure) to a detached retina and inflammation I am still dealing with 3+ years later. Outside of that issue, I can read pretty good except for really small stuff.

But the first cataract surgery and lens is a great success.

Good luck with it all.

I am getting shots in my right eye for retina problems. First injection helped so much, I may need only one or two more and cataract surgery may not be needed.

Getting a needle in your eyeball is interesting...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

About $5700 out of pocket counting doctor, corrective lenses, and surgical center. This is with good insurance. Geebus.

Damn that doesn't sound like very good insurance to me, We paid a total of 600.00 out of pocket for the entire deal including annual followups.

Did you opt for the multi-focal lenses, laser procedure, and stigmatism correction done at a surgical center?

Yep, Medicare and Ins dont cover the added expense of astigmatic correction or multifocal IOLs.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Dad flew in the Air Force from 1955 to 1975, and charters for a few years after that, was a Depression farm kid prior so his corneas were pretty much cooked early. My Mom failed her eye test when she was 78. Both had pretty good results afterward, Dad can still see 20/12 distant in both eyes on the chart, which tells you what a freak of nature he is, and why he flew fighters.

I am starting to have trouble with my night vision, too much flaring which is taking the fun out of night driving. I'm 60. Always wore shades or goggles, but still, lots of snow time. Always nearsighted, but corrected to 20/15 both sides. My issue is, I have always been astigmatic and I can't be corrected properly any more with eyeglasses, so I'm thinking I should go ahead and get rid of the original, maybe end up mildly nearsighted but no longer astigmatic. Glasses are good for eye protection anyway and I spend a lot of time around power tools anyway. Anyone know if I will get 20 years out of implants before they need to be replaced?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just saw another eye doc today for second opinion. I'm having close-up, distance, and stigmatism corrected. Supposed to not need any glasses after that. Surgery on first eye in a couple weeks. Second one 2 weeks later. Looking forward to being done.

Don't you love Obama care...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
My Dad flew in the Air Force from 1955 to 1975, and charters for a few years after that, was a Depression farm kid prior so his corneas were pretty much cooked early. My Mom failed her eye test when she was 78. Both had pretty good results afterward, Dad can still see 20/12 distant in both eyes on the chart, which tells you what a freak of nature he is, and why he flew fighters.

I am starting to have trouble with my night vision, too much flaring which is taking the fun out of night driving. I'm 60. Always wore shades or goggles, but still, lots of snow time. Always nearsighted, but corrected to 20/15 both sides. My issue is, I have always been astigmatic and I can't be corrected properly any more with eyeglasses, so I'm thinking I should go ahead and get rid of the original, maybe end up mildly nearsighted but no longer astigmatic. Glasses are good for eye protection anyway and I spend a lot of time around power tools anyway. Anyone know if I will get 20 years out of implants before they need to be replaced?

They dont wear out Pal. You will be long gone before they need to be replaced.

I Dindo Nuffin
IKE Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've been putting up with blurry / fuzzy vision for quite awhile but last Friday my opthomologist told me AGAIN that I didn't need new glasses but that I needed cataract surgery.....she highly recommended a gal and I went to see her Tuesday.

After the exam and a long talk with the surgeon I'm scheduled to have one eye done 6-22 and the other 7-6 using what she called 'light IV sedation'......she said that I'll still need to wear reading glasses afterwards but that my distance vision will be much improved.

Someone messing with my eyes really spooks me and I'm honestly not looking forward to it but it has needed to be done for awhile so I guess it's time I put on my big boy pants and get it done.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by IKE
I've been putting up with blurry / fuzzy vision for quite awhile but last Friday my opthomologist told me AGAIN that I didn't need new glasses but that I needed cataract surgery.....she highly recommended a gal and I went to see her Tuesday.

After the exam and a long talk with the surgeon I'm scheduled to have one eye done 6-22 and the other 7-6 using what she called 'light IV sedation'......she said that I'll still need to wear reading glasses afterwards but that my distance vision will be much improved.

Someone messing with my eyes really spooks me and I'm honestly not looking forward to it but it has needed to be done for awhile so I guess it's time I put on my big boy pants and get it done.

IKE, I've had it done and have actually had rougher haircuts. Seriously. You will regret wasting so much worry. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep, Medicare and Ins dont cover the added expense of astigmatic correction or multifocal IOLs.

I think I'm out about 8k, ins didn't pay for the laser removal or toric lens. Might be some copay in that as well.
So far its money well spent. I thought about pulling the focus back some or multi focus lens but neither would keep me from wearing glasses for all tasks so I went with perfect distance and deal with readers. My job requires some small close up work so I got a set of occupational lens so I could see things up close overhead and down with 0 in the middle.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Smart move.

I Dindo Nuffin
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
We paid for the trifocal lenses. Left eye was done last Tuesday, pistol sights are crisp for the first time in many years. I can read without readers ok, when the right eye is done I’ll be good without readers.
Im a complete freak about anybody touching my eyes but the surgery was perfect and I can’t wait to get the other one done

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by frank500
We paid for the trifocal lenses. Left eye was done last Tuesday, pistol sights are crisp for the first time in many years. I can read without readers ok, when the right eye is done I’ll be good without readers.
Im a complete freak about anybody touching my eyes but the surgery was perfect and I can’t wait to get the other one done

I was very myopic before and the time between surgeries was terrible, the uncorrected eye, even with contact lens, image was about 8% smaller than the fixed eye. Very disorienting and fugged up depth perception. That and I was afraid the hospital would stop that kind of surgery due to the lung funk.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Doc, had the first eye done today. Got to surgical center at 5:45 am and was on my way home by 8:45. The procedures took very little time. About 5-10 mins for the laser, 15-20 for the cataract removal and install of IOL.

FYI- the IOL the doc put in is a Tecnis Symfony ZXR00, Diopter +23.50, by Johnson & Johnson.

I believe this is the standard technology right now unless you go to something like the Zeiss Tri-focal.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I hope you do well. Let us know how sharp your visual acuity is after a few weeks.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by IKE

i don't relate well to doctors, and i was scared sh*tless about the operation. on the first eye laying on the gurney, they were trying to sedate me enough to allow the operation without knocking me out. i was holding on to one of the rails on the gurney and actually bent it i was so wired.
they later told me they gave me enough junk to knock a horse out. second operation was much easier on my psyche.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I had both eyes done a couple years ago and was pretty thrilled with the results. I could drive without glasses and vision was pretty close to 20/20. 2 years later, and my left eye (my shooting eye) is like my eyeball is smeared with vaseline. I can still shoot with a scope but iron sights are virtually impossible. I'm hoping this is fixable. My right eye is still great. If it was the other way around, I wouldn't mind so much. GD

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
You have possibly developed Elshnigs Pearls (after -cataract) clouding of the posterior capsule of your old natural lens easily cleared by in office laser treatment.
OTOH, you could be developing a retinal condition. Due to that possibility I'd get checked sooner than later.

I Dindo Nuffin
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by JimHundley
I had both eyes corrected to distance and love it. Yes, need readers, but you get used to them. My correction is great for anything out of doors, except tying fishing knots! Would do the same again!
Jim

Me too. Had the option of both close, both distance or one each.

Compromises often don't work, so I went both far. Wore specs for 50 years, so needing cheap reading glasses was a good tradeoff for me.

Between my wife's and my insurance, OOP expense was just the deductables., which may have already been met by then, as it was July.

Problem is, I often find myself wanting three powers - one for arms's length, one mid distance, one real close.....

That eye differential between surgeries was real fun! smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 24 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,503
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.