Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
June 6, 1944. Beaches of Normandy. The memory and sacrifice of those brave soldiers is being tarnished by politicians on the Left and losers in the streets who have co-opted the death of a black man to turn cities to ruin. Many of these looters and politicians are children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren of these soldiers who ran forward into enemy gunfire in the name of freedom. They would be ashamed, I think. Today, I begin my morning in utter gratitude for the sacrifice made by those of stronger stuff than most of us. I hope each of you takes a moment today to remember the significance of that effort as well.

The way life should be.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As a Country, we are falling apart. We are losing a civil war that most don’t even know is going on. Two from my family were there. On on Omaha Beach, the other with the paratroopers. We will always remember their sacrifice.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from stripes.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bluefish
June 6, 1944. Beaches of Normandy. The memory and sacrifice of those brave soldiers is being tarnished by politicians on the Left and losers in the streets who have co-opted the death of a black man to turn cities to ruin. Many of these looters and politicians are children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren of these soldiers who ran forward into enemy gunfire in the name of freedom. They would be ashamed, I think. Today, I begin my morning in utter gratitude for the sacrifice made by those of stronger stuff than most of us. I hope each of you takes a moment today to remember the significance of that effort as well.

Thanks for posting. . . . each year there are simply fewer and fewer people who commemorate this day.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It occurred to me last night that what these protesters are doing wittingly or unwittingly...
Is to provide cover for the looters.

Remember when the public and press would keep it zipped so as not to get our (and our allies) soldiers killed?

Remember rationing for the sake of something bigger?

Remember a world before 'selfies'?

Patriotism
hold onto it because many are not..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Brave and exceptional men, every damn one of them.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
They were brave men that sacrifice more than many can appreciate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Amen ...

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for remembering..... I always recall it because my dad was there. He was a 19 year old sailor on a light cruiser that was shelling German gun emplacements that were located away from the coastline out of sight from the sea. I'll never forget him talking about from where his ship was all they could see was the invasion force as far as the eye could see. Anyone recall the early 1960's movie, "The Longest Day" ? There's that scene where it's just getting light out and that German commander is looking out of a pillbox at the horizon, and the invasion force is beginning to appear in the faint light, and it covers the whole horizon. I saw that movie in the theater with my dad when it came out. When that scene came on I remember him saying "that's what it looked like".

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bill Hall, the white haired man, my high school principal. Mister Hall drove landing craft US Navy.

The greatest generation for sure. Not only brave American forces, both Army, and Navy, but also Canadian, British, and French. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A lot was done by many that day.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Lieutenant Speirs in “Band Of Brothers”

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bluefish

Please do more by telling us exactly who provided funding for Hitler to stay in power and arm Germany for military conflict. All I can say is thank you to those poor guys that came to Europe to straighten things out.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I feel the U.S. should bring back the military draft. If someone spends a couple of years of their life in the service of the U.S., especially overseas, they may feel more connective with our flag, maybe even all lives would matter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StrayDog
I feel the U.S. should bring back the military draft. If someone spends a couple of years of their life in the service of the U.S., especially overseas, they may feel more connective with our flag, maybe even all lives would matter.

Well, one upside would be that the US Government would be more cautions before committing military into needless wars and conflicts. The reason US pulled out of Vietnam was due to massive protests against that war in the United States.
Let us hope that young people today aren't asked to do in China what their grandfathers had to do in Germany during World War II. If you want an analogy from that conflict to facing China today it would be like facing both Bolshevik Russia and Nazi Germany together.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StrayDog

After spending 25 years on active duty, I completely DISAGREE with the draft. Right now you have a professional military that wants to be there. Drafting a bunch of young punks that do not want to be there is counter-productive. It destroys morale and limits the rapport the service members feel for each other. Besides, how do you plan on paying for it? At the current pay scale you can't afford to pay every 18 year old clown those wages. Do you intend to take pay away from the professionals? And then there is the little fact that more than 70% of high school students are not eleigible for military service due to drugs, police involvement, obesity, medical issues etc... I did 2 tours of recruiting duty and saw that first hand. One thing I did notice when I was on active duty was that most the people calling for a draft never served themselves.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had an uncle go ashore at Omaha Beach in the second wave. He was a foot soldier and fought all across Europe and ended the war in Germany. He didn't like to talk about it but I can't even imagine the carnage he saw when he waded ashore on D-Day. My grandfather was in the USN and was stationed with the PT Boats in the Philippines when Japan invaded right after Pearl Harbor. Those 2 old guys used to banter back and forth about who had it harder during the war. Both have since passed on. RIP to all the Old Warriors of every branch. HAND SALUTE!

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Owe alot to em.
The world owes alot to em.

Your average schmuck in america just takes schitt for granted and they dont have a clue or care about events that have shaped their sheeple life.

Nuff said....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thank you for posting. I don’t think we will ever see another generation of men of there like. Bravery, courage, mental fortitude, etc.

Thank you to all of you who served. May God bless you each and every day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

271 members (1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 16penny, 41 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.