Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Mornin' y'all! Been up for a couple hours now, finished my light brokenfast and a potta java, read the paper (yes, we still get newspapers) and checked the weather. Which will be T'storms all day, all night and all of Sunday, apparently. I hope so - we're in severe drought here.

No plans for the day except for playing with Linux. I love my Mint installation on this desktop so much that I decided to experiment with other flavors to see if they're as good. But I didn't want to use this 'pooter for that, so I bought an ancient Compaq Presario laptop running Win 7 Home Pro on ebay for $60 plus shipping. Perfect!

So far, I've tried six different kinds of Linux on it. Only one would not load, a couple were much more sophisticated than I need, and two or three were absolutely wonderful. I still have no cause to switch - especially since I now have my Mint system all tweaked up and running like a racehorse. But if anybody out there wants a suggestion about which Linux version to try, give me a whistle.

I still have a few more versions to download and try. There are almost limitless kinds of Linux out there, to suit every need or personal whim. I intend to try a bunch of them.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I finished another bedroom so now I'm going to assemble a new bed for my youngest.

Then we have company coming by and I'm going to run them down to Florida City for some Mexican food and chicken livers. All these stupid Jews and white people near our house don't know what Mexican food is so I have to outsource.

After that I'll probably get drunk.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good morning Rock, and pals. Slow net, that's all for now.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Y’all have fun with the electrons, gizzards and drinks. I gotta prep some brass and that starts with a few hours in the tumbler.

Lord Black

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Got done seeding wheat yesterday about 10PM and didn't get out of bed until about an hour ago. Been a long 8-9 day stretch.

First time I've slept in this year.

Both dogs were crawling on me, whining and nudging my face. Pretty sure they thought I was dead.

Feed the late calvers, move some trucks, and I might just say screw it and come home about noon and do whatever the fuuck I want.

SIL and her two kids(9 and 13) moved up here 3 weeks ago(not kidding...) and Saturday afternoon/evening has become 'fun day' at our house.

Interesting to say the least as there literally hadn't been a kid in our house in 10 years.

Been a BUSY and hectic last 4 weeks, and today is the first time I'm NOT worried about getting anything done.
(knock on wood)

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

First big ole T/storm of the day just passed over.......

Headed east I'm sure to cause havic on the San Rafael Swell

Flash floods a big concern everywhere today

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Mornin, Rocky and all.

Sam, how old are the neice/nephew(s)?(ETA: 9 and 13. COOL) Playing Uncle to a couple tykes is almost as much fun as having grandkids. Especially if the kids are not familiar with ranch life and livestock.

Old enough to learn to drive tractor or feed truck and do simple chores.

Most of my favorite childhood memories come from playing at helper on my uncle's ranch, or fishing with Uncle after the chores were done. Up through my mid twenties I would go up and buck bales on the weekends for recreation. LOL

My family had a couple horses and dairy cows, but beef is where all the fun is.

Last edited by Idaho_Shooter; 06/06/20.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yup, what Idaho Shooter said.

Uncles can be as much fun as grandpas, and they stick around longer...

I don't have either one anymore, but I do cherish the memories.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
For sure, Brazos.

Sam, I hope you get to enjoy a few cool ones this evening and the WH doesnt burn. Thanks for the beef.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Got done seeding wheat yesterday about 10PM and didn't get out of bed until about an hour ago. Been a long 8-9 day stretch.

First time I've slept in this year.

Both dogs were crawling on me, whining and nudging my face. Pretty sure they thought I was dead.

Feed the late calvers, move some trucks, and I might just say screw it and come home about noon and do whatever the fuuck I want.

SIL and her two kids(9 and 13) moved up here 3 weeks ago(not kidding...) and Saturday afternoon/evening has become 'fun day' at our house.

Interesting to say the least as there literally hadn't been a kid in our house in 10 years.

Been a BUSY and hectic last 4 weeks, and today is the first time I'm NOT worried about getting anything done.
(knock on wood)

Sooo.....your not interested in going to Poplar and buying me a couple old grain trucks and a tractor??

I am MAGA.
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Cut mesquite this morning to haul to Colorado rendezvous for us some decent cooking wood. Will cut a bit more tonight. Gotta take the wifey’s little dog in for his haircut and wash at 11. Yeah I tried to give him a cut back in the fall. When I got done he was ready for Halloween. LOL! He’s a good little dog.

Tomorrow have conformation lunch for oldest granddaughter over in Lee county at her other grandparents place. Will be nice. I don’t have to cook!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Bug control guy just left. Got some spiders.
Not the best visitors when you have daughters.
Sprayed outside of house. Kid and ol lady didn't wake up. Yay.
The witch works 3rds and the kid was out of whack from yesterday's medical. Let em sleep.

Back is fugged from work, am gonna hobble to the LGS and pick up some parts.

Try to rig some fishing stuff up for me and shorty tomorrow.

Last edited by hookeye; 06/06/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Rocky's storms should hit us too. The wind's raising hell now.

We snagged a 2015 Outdoors RV 26rls a couple weeks ago and we'll work on moving stuff from the old trailer to the new one until the storms chase us inside.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We arrived in Idaho yesterday afternoon. Up early this AM with the two hour time change. Cool, 52 as I type with a high of 63 forecast, and wet. I have been watching a whitetail cleaning her very recently born fawn. One coffee just finished. I am heading into town for some groceries and oil/filters for the two ATV's. My son and his wife have been honeymooning up here for the last couple of weeks given the cancelation of their original plans. Garage work for us today. My wife is getting the hot tub up and running as I type. Some of our friends will arrive at five for cocktails. A pot of chili is planned for dinner.

The kids hit Round Lake on our kayaks and caught loads of fish.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The hay was too dry , yes, hay can be too dry, to feed into the baler the other late day. A storm blew up late that night. The wind twisted the windrows a bit, I'm just back from turning, and straitening out the rows.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Wabi, It's all alfalfa around here. We usually start baling about midnight to catch the dew.

If you let it get dry, the leaves all fall off and protein count drops to hell. Not to mention that you can only get fifty pounds into a bale unless there's a bit of moisture in it. Our baler is a 14x16 set to 42 inches. I like to make an 80 to 85 lb bale. It runs through the stack wagon well, and does not take on water as badly in the stack.

We run the swather, a couple days later turn or rake two into one so the bottom can dry. Then a couple days later in good, dry, hot conditions it will be thoroughly dried. So you wait for the dew to let it get wet enough to bale.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Rocky got up early and did nothing for about a hour.

After doing nothing for a while mowed the yard and orchard.

Spent more time doing nothing now and in a few will spend some more time doing nothing,unless the wife has something that she wants me to do.

Then lunch and i won't rule out a nap just for fun.

After the temp levels out to something less than a 100 degrees i might go to the rock pit to do some senseless shooting of evil rifles.

Just another day in paradise. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh, pshaw. I've done just about nothing at all for over five hours now. I don't even have to mow - I have a lawn service to do that. Or clean the house - I have a maid service for that.

Besides watching the weather radar, I have done little today besides play with the 'pooters. Plural. There's this one, of course. And the new laptop on which I'm testing Linux versions, and there's my travel Chromebook, which I just updated to the newest OS version.

Time for a mid-morning snack. More pootering. Then lunch. Then, probably a nap. Cocktail Hour comes next.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Daughter 2 got home from work at Hospital as I was getting up, Wife out the door already, Daughter 3 made us all breakfast and fresh ground coffee by the time I rolled out of bed at 7am. Skillet taters, spam and eggs.

We all get to meet Daughter 3's new farmer boyfriend today.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Taught my 13 year old daughter how to use a lawnmower.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 3,057 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,353
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.