-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's those damned Irish Catholic cops that are responsible for all this racial violence.

Was surfing through C-SPAN when the light finally dawned. Talib and a party of favorites from Minneapolis were talking about disbanding the Minneapolis police to end systematic racism. Per them the racism went back 150 years to the beginning of the force - they had a study so it must be true. In those days police were largely Irish who were mostly Catholic.

Well there's your problem! All we need is to send them back to where they came from. In my case Canada I guess - Potato famine arriving in Kingston as orphans. Eventually followed railroad construction down to South Dakota and then became cops. Of course I'll need a reparations check for all the years of oppression (as in No dogs or Irish allowed). All violent drunks who enjoyed beating wives and young children. Papists of the worst sort. Just as undesirable as blacks, if harder to spot in a crowd. Don't even bother mentioning the IRA, Molly Maguires and other criminal organizations.

I want my check, dammit - or I'm going to get drink, start a bar fight, and break some windows.

In other words how silly can it get.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
And none of it would have happened if someone hadn’t invented the wheelbarrow to teach Irishmen to walk upright.

That’s who you really need to sue.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
And none of it would have happened if someone hadn’t invented the wheelbarrow to teach Irishmen to walk upright.

That’s who you really need to sue.

Now that made me laugh.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I need reparations for being with my wife. Born and raised there. She hardly ever EVER drinks but when she does.... it doesn’t take much to make me feel like the guy in the hold the flashlight meme....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The Irish have a long history of troublemakers in this country. The Pennsylvania coalfields labor troubles, caused by the Irish miners. The Cripple Creek strikes of 1903,,,caused by the damn Irish insisting on 10 hours pay for a ten hour day, instead of the 8 hours pay for a ten hour day, the generous offer the owners made. Fortunately the mine owners called in the Colorado Natl Guard, who very sensibly proclaimed: "To hell with the Constitution, we aren't going by the Constitution." It has been estimated that deaths were about half of the number of the Spanish American war, with slightly more casualties.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Anyone who has ever driven in St. Paul, MN should also be eligible for reparations. Jesse Ventura was wrongly castigated by his comment regarding drunk Irishmen planning the streets. I am Irish and lived in St Paul for a while so know of which I speak.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You can't trust a redhead, but the female ones have their uses.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Offer us reparations for “Irish Slavery” and we’ll tell ya where you can shove it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And the anti-Irish bigotry goes on today. Rep Clyburn D-SC held a hearing about how minorities are being disproportionally affected by the corona virus. Doctor after doctor on the panel testified how minority populations were impacted because of government systematic racist policies. Blacks, Indians (of both types) Hispanics and so on, every variety of people of color. But no mention of the Irish, people of no color. I demand an apology.

Interestingly Jordan R-OH asked about a genetic component. A doctor confirmed that there was investigation into a genetic component associated with the susceptibility. But the panel as a group said it was unfair and not helpful to talk about that. Earlier they said we have to examine the numbers and discuss from scientific evidence. Except that scientific evidence it seems. Well of course.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I read this talk about the Irish; I wonder how many on this forum know how the British actually treated the Irish a couple of centuries ago. Check you history young ladies from Ireland being sent over here strip of their clothes put up on the auction block and sold for 5#'s while a black slaves was going for 50#'s that is part of American history that no one talks about , but I challenge all who read this to look up the history of these facts. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Dad traced the family history as far back as he could. During the potato famine ancestors were stripped of all property and forced on a boat for Kingston. On arrival as an orphan the girl was taken as a chamber maid in a boarding house in exchange for room and board. What became of the parents is unknown, presumably died at sea, as well as the point of departure is unknown. Canadian records were unavailable at the time. The other side is a mystery but oral history is similar to that.

Which explains a lot.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Check out The Irish Channel history in New Orleans.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A fiery passionate people...

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DMc

Especially red head women with green eyes and skin so clear that you can see into it.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by DMc

Especially red head women with green eyes and skin so clear that you can see into it.

You're singing to the choir...

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'll raise a pint to that.
+

Which explains a lot.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (bbassi, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, 11 invisible), 1,273 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,230
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.