Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by copperking81
I'm making an assumption that the police, particularly the rank and file cops, are appalled by how they're being treated in this country and have to be livid. Seems like now would be the perfect time for them to get organized and respond in kind. The most obvious way would be a nation wide strike for.... however long it takes to turn attitudes. You want to defund law enforcement??? Fine, get a taste. No protection for anyone.

So why aren't they organizing? I don't even hear any real talk about it, let alone action. I'm sure many can't afford a week or more without pay but they can't afford this treatment either.

Imagine yourself in charge, how would you organize? Put yourself in Minneapolis. There are 800 officers on the Minneapolis police force. What would your priorities be? What would your greatest concern be? How would you "organize?"

I don't know. And I'm really not trying to be a smart azz here but if the reason they don't is that "it's hard to do", that doesn't seem very satisfying.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I don't know. And I'm really not trying to be a smart azz here but if the reason they don't is that "it's hard to do", that doesn't seem very satisfying.

Police union's power comes from legal action.

I'm not sure what type of public message you'd like them to put together. Maybe give an example?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The cops in the liberal cities have been told to stand down by the mayors. If they enforce the law in those cities they will be charged with crimes, their faces will be all over TV, and their lives will be ruined.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Sense of pride, duty, and honor probably figures in, also.
(Never been in law enforcement)

Pride goeth before a fall, and it went.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Defunding police sounds pretty stupid, but if they arent going to do the job....

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The police have been listening to idiots opine about their profession for a long, long, time. They're pretty numb to it.

Kinda like when you handcuff a guy and he says "I can't bweave."

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I'd be all for a sick out. Let the folks get a clue and vote some dimocommies out.

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
To answer your question, first I've been an LEO, so I have that experience.
They are organized, particularly in the big, liberal run cities. New York City has the oldest and most powerful of them all. San Francisco isn't far behind. San Jose, Kalifornia was one of the innovators. My longest, and closest friend was the president of the San Jose Peace Officers Assn. We talked a lot about it.
Right now, you don't hear much. That's because they've learned not to say anything that isn't "politically correct". Not on social media, no place - period.
They've done "work slow downs," and out right strikes. Not a good way. But they do have an effect.
Their best weapon is to let the left make some serious mistakes and they act. Usually through the legal system. And news leaks. A little at a time. For now.
Right now, they have quietly stated the cop(s) in the current incident, who arrested George Floyd, have had their rights violated. Not their employment/labor rights, their constitutional rights....
What's that ? The cop arrest for Floyd's death was arrested on nothing more than the cell phone video. Brutal, shocking, OK. But they were using force to arrest him. What happened before that ? No cause of death had been established at that point. No time of death either. They stated when they arrested him that "normally these investigations take 9 months to a year to complete. Not this time.
All of them are now facing much more serious charges. Based on what ? The finding of a highly discredited retired medical examiner hired by the lawyer for the family.
You are also seeing cops continue in other places to arrested, and charged with crimes based on nothing more than cell phone videos while they are trying to control riots, not, as the press keeps saying "peaceful demonstrators."
So, grab some popcorn, this is going to take a while. E

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by steve4102
? Fine, get a taste. No protection for anyone.

So why aren't they organizing? I don't even hear any real talk about it, let alone action. I'm sure many can't afford a week or more without pay but they can't afford this treatment either.

Police and LEO do not and are not required to Protect anyone or anything.

They are organized, it’s called a Union.
If their Union says “jump”, they say how high. When the Union tells them what to do and not do, they will do it, not before.

So all police belong to a union huh?

Perhaps they aren't speaking out because they don't want to be fired or called a racist.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I'd be all for a sick out. Let the folks get a clue and vote some dimocommies out.

That’s grounds for termination.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Today, the U.S. collectively spends $100 billion a year on policing and a further $80 billion on incarceration. Even though crime levels have dropped substantially over the last 30 years in line with the spending uptake, a report released last month argues that this occurred in spite of higher police budgets.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 700LH
Today, the U.S. collectively spends $100 billion a year on policing and a further $80 billion on incarceration. Even though crime levels have dropped substantially over the last 30 years in line with the spending uptake, a report released last month argues that this occurred in spite of higher police budgets.

AOC would be so proud of you right now.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
The mighty pension. Just counting the days till they’re out of there.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

She's just channeling her Obama

The ssssuper sssssocial gay blade justice warrior arrives to save the day!!!!!! Im believing this is another paddler sock puppet

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

That’s grounds for termination.

Sounds like they are pretty well terminated anyway, except from our paying them.

Maybe the plan is for crackers to organize vigilantes to protect their neighborhoods. Then the full force of dimocrap Gestapo could descend on them and take their guns as members of organized crime.

Perhaps the crackers need to migrate into gated communities and let the blecks prey on each other.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The police have been listening to idiots opine about their profession for a long, long, time. They're pretty numb to it.

Why when driving and we see a cop doesn't everyone think "I feel safer now" and not instantly look at the speedometer and hope they're not a few miles over the powers that be and sometimes ridiculous limit

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

George Gwaltney loves you

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus1895
I am beginning to believe the unions are either the core of the problem or more than likely the new scape goat.

I think the politics andtheir desire for a new president has made several local governments implode.

Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
The mighty pension. Just counting the days till they’re out of there.

There was a program on Public Radio this week with a "hit piece" on the police unions. Which seems to me a pretty strong case that the unions are going to be the new scapegoat.

On the surface, there's a logical argument to be made. And I'm probably predisposed to those arguments, as I'm no admirer of unions as they are today.

Nevertheless, I think the problem is not the unions as much as the pensions. Pensions are golden handcuffs. You need to stay in to get vested, and you need to stay in to "make your 20", or whatever the magic pay-day is.

The result is coppers staying in long past their sell-by date. Long past the point the point where they are there only for the pension. Long past the point of jaded, burnt out, cynical, or whatever pejorative applies.

Not unique to coppers, same-same for teachers or other folks on the hook by a pension. It's got to be emotionally destructive to have your choices taken from you.

I suspect that if the retirement system were to change to a defined contribution (and, yes, a generous one), like a 403B, the number of public servants that feel they "can't leave" because of their golden retirement handcuffs will drop. They could simply take their (retirement) ball and quietly get out when it's not fun anymore.

Forty years ago a life long career was the norm. Today, people generally have two, three or more careers before hanging it up. Doing the same thing for a long time is not necessarily a good thing.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

Why when driving and we see a cop doesn't everyone think "I feel safer now" and not instantly look at the speedometer and hope they're not a few miles over the powers that be and sometimes ridiculous limit

Reminds of a quote by Orwell:

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because brave social justice beta male warriors stand ready to post on the internet on their behalf."

Some good news for you: https://abc7.com/santa-cruz-shooting-ben-lomond-officer-shot-whats-going-on-in/6235628/

You can read it and whack off in delight of another dead cop front of your husband lol

Last edited by ribka; 06/07/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

All I posted was some facts Why are you attacking me personally?

It's like your a cop with a typical cop response

Last edited by 700LH; 06/07/20.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 52 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,780
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.