-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my town was initially against wal-mart opening up. They had a location selected less than a 1/2 mile from our downtown, and people knowing what Wal-mart did to small business before refused to let them build there. Eventually they chose a location off the interstate about 4 miles away. A few business were there before them - a target, movie theater, office depot. Their impact hasn't been that big. Downtown area is thriving.

I haven't been to a wal-mart since the covid 19 thing and didn't really go there much before. Now that there is a TSC open down the road, I don't have any reason to go anymore. But I do have a wide variety of choices within 3 miles of my house.

I will admit to ordering a few things from them online you can't get in their store. In some cases they are better priced than Amazon and offer free shipping as well.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/10/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
We have them counting(Errr sort of) at some of the stores, but it’s just a slug there with a clicker.

It’s just for looks

He didn’t try to let anyone in as someone came out, he just let everyone in. No comms with anyone at the other door, no person at the other door.

🤣

I haven't been to town in over a week, but last time I was there, the local walmart had a barricade and a walmart gestapo standing at the exit door to prevent patrons from entering that door.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by montanabadger
Have any Walmarts been looted?

Yes in Chicago. So has Target. They haven't decided whether or not to reopen. The mayor is pleading with them to do so.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Why can't any of these f u c k's be satisfied with becoming tremendously wealthy on the backs of average Americans and not have to start manipulating and moralizing. Just sell shixt and be done with it.

They put up the guns and ammo to reduce the risks of BLM and Antifa rioters getting them.

Now BLM is marching in big box stores in FtWorth.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by MarlinMark
Walmart sucks. So I don't shop there.

Lol, I have never stepped foot in a Walmart, I don’t even know what the inside of one looks like. I make a conscious effort to support small businesses.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by fburgtx
How much do you think WalMart makes directly from the Govt (in the form of welfare/EBT cards)???

I bet 10-20% of their business.

Every time a small business burns down in the ‘hood, or goes bankrupt from Covid or the inability to compete (in a small town), WalMart gets more business.

Those are good points.

FOODSTAMPS: Follow the Money

Food Stamps: Follow the Money Are Corporations Profiting from Hungry Americans?

...Key findings about corporate lobbying on SNAP:

• Powerful food industry lobbying groups teamed up to oppose health-oriented improvements to SNAP
• The food industry also joined forces with anti-hunger groups to lobby against SNAP improvements
• Companies such as Cargill, PepsiCo, and Kroger lobbied Congress on SNAP, while also donating money to America’s top anti-hunger organizations
• At least nine states have proposed bills to make health-oriented improvements to SNAP, but none have passed, in part due to opposition from the food industry
• Coca-Cola, the Corn Refiners of America, and Kraft Foods all lobbied against a Florida bill that aimed to disallow SNAP purchases for soda and junk foodKey findings about how much money retailers gain from SNAP:
• Although such data is readily available, neither USDA nor the states make public how much money individual retailers make from SNAP EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
• Congress does not require data collection on SNAP product purchases, despite such data being critical to effective evaluation
• USDA told a journalist in Massachusetts he was not allowed to make public data on retailer redemptions from SNAP—after he received the data
• In one year, nine Walmart Supercenters in Massachusetts together received more than $33 million in SNAP dollars—over four times the SNAP money spent at farmers markets nationwide
• In two years, Walmart received about half of the one billion dollars in SNAP expenditures in Oklahoma • One Walmart Supercenter in Tulsa, Oklahoma received $15.2 million while another (also in Tulsa) took in close to $9 million in SNAP spending.

Key findings about how much money banks gain from SNAP:

• USDA does not collect national data on how much money banks make on SNAP • J.P. Morgan Chase has contracts for Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) in half the states, indicating a lack of competition and significant market power
• Contract terms vary widely among states, indicating a lack of efficiency and standards
• In California, a 7-year contract worth $69 million went to Affiliated Computer Services, a subsidiary of Xerox
• In Florida, J.P. Morgan Chase enjoys a 5-year contract worth about $83 million, or $16.7 million a year• In New York, a 7-year deal originally paid J.P. Morgan Chase $112 million for EBT services, and was recently amended to add $14.3 million—an increase of 13%
• States are seeing unexpected increases in costs, while banks are reaping significant windfalls from the economic downturn and increasing SNAP participation...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why can't any of these f u c k's be satisfied with becoming tremendously wealthy on the backs of average Americans and not have to start manipulating and moralizing. Just sell shixt and be done with it.

A-f u c k i n g-men to that concept.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't think they are out of guns. All the local stores moved the guns and ammo into the vault in the back of the store in case of looting for a few days. They are back on the shelves now.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Don't want to play by their rules then STFU and take your business elsewhere. No need to be an internet crybaby, I'm sure Walmart won't miss your patronage.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live in a rural area and my business is in a small town. Many people I know have worked at Walmart at one point or another. I shop there occasionally, but try to shop at the locally owned small businesses. The longer Walmart has been in town and the more people that I have known that work there it has become more and more evident to me that they have no compassion or loyalty to their workforce. They literally don’t care how long someone has worked there, age that may dictate best work duties/placement or family situations/events and how it effects the workers. They just don’t care and from what I’ve seen or should I say heard from employees there, it’s only getting worse.
I don’t believe any corporation that treats the workforce they depend on can last this way long term. I’m not implying it’s going down soon, but I will not be shocked at all to see it’s decline begin in a few years. That is unless they start changing their attitude toward the workforce.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
at Wally -world > wanna have fun some weekend nite ? just stay in your car -truck whatever ,bring some refreshments get there about 9 p.m. bring binoculars too,say tell midnite or later, just sit there and enjoy the show of some of the weirdis people you will ever see .i can`t believe some of the out-fits these people wear,what there hair looks like,some i don`t think they know what clean looks like either.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Angry old boomers are so entitled. If you don't like it don't so there. Real simple, they owe you nothing.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
in these parts, all the Walmarts pulled all the guns and ammo off the shelf do to the threat of looting. Co-worker went in one of the local Walmarts and asked about buying some ammo. The guy working the counter asked what he wanted and took a few minutes and went in the back of the store, found the ammo and sold it to him. Co-worker was told that the guns and ammo were all stored in a secure place in the back of the store until the threat of looting was over.
From what I've read, lots of Walmarts have done the same.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by pete53
at Wally -world > wanna have fun some weekend nite ? just stay in your car -truck whatever ,bring some refreshments get there about 9 p.m. bring binoculars too,say tell midnite or later, just sit there and enjoy the show of some of the weirdis people you will ever see .i can`t believe some of the out-fits these people wear,what there hair looks like,some i don`t think they know what clean looks like either.

Does it ever occur to those who post this "Walmart people" stuff that Walmart simply reflects the demographics of the local area? I live in a county of about 100K with three Walmarts, and previously in a midwestern city of about 50K with two Walmarts. I never saw any of the really far out stuff that is talked about here. Just normal decent mostly working class customers and employees.

As far as employee relations, I doubt Walmart is much different from any other large corporation. They are in business to maximize profit, no matter what they say, and will screw over employees to do it. You have to take their humanitarian propaganda with a grain of salt.

As far as selling Chinese crap, show me a retail outlet that doesn't. Certainly not the local Ace Hardware stores or any big box store.

I'm not defending Walmart, but from what I see, their biggest sin is mostly just being big, and perhaps being a target of the left for resisting unions, but that's another story.

Paul.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I'm flaunting their rules- - - - -walking in the "out" doors, and ignoring the "shop this direction" arrows on the floor. Fun and games!
Jerry

You mean flouting.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My relative is a manager at a distribution center. He said its not the same company it used to be. Since Sam Walton died, it's run by liberal A-holes. The new CEO is a huge Lib. made all the employees watch a 1.5 hour video about the history of LGBTQ.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of ya won't shop at WM but have Amazon Prime or buy there, have cable or satellite TV, watch Net flix then drive around in a made in Mexico pickup whose manufacture gets government subsidies..using Arab fuel
Make sure ya'll don't buy nothing made in China.

I betcha some here even own guns made in Japan

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by LJBass
. I guess they had their bulldog at the door counting people run her ass out of there. Made her walk all the way around the barricade and back into the entrance. The look on the womans face. She was fuming.

Those people have a tendency not to bother an old geezer who walks with a cane, particularly if his untucked shirt tail has managed to get flipped up to expose his CCW.
Jerry

A real man's man.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I avoid wallyworld as much as possible. But I have to admit, they do one thing right. For a while, it made more sense to order groceries online and pick up at the curb (I hate standing in line). Walmart's policy has been for the pickers to only take what they themselves would want. At WM pickup, I was never unhappy with the groceries they brought out. The only other store here doing curbside (Fred Meyer) was bringing out the rotting stuff.

Yeah, I had to go in the other day, and went in the "out" door, as it was closer and there was no line. Got scolded by a Martian headed out. Eh...so what?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm flaunting their rules- - - - -walking in the "out" doors, and ignoring the "shop this direction" arrows on the floor. Fun and games!
Jerry

I don't know how you manage with your huge balls clanking together.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 44 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,228
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.