Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It's the polar opposite of emotional. I am asking that the officer's behavior be examined against an objective standard.

Do you know why the officers in the Rodney King video were acquitted?

I cannot say that I do. Generally the video we saw was missing relevant context. I always assumed that when the officer's action was examined against the law that their actions were deemed just.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 06/12/20.
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 700LH
Definitely a death sentence offense, the fine upstanding officer had every possible reason to kill that man can't ya see that?

Ridiculous. There's no reason to suggest he intended to cause permanent harm, let alone death. He employed a control tactic after multiple failed efforts to secure him in the squad car. They were waiting for someone to come, either EMS, a larger vehicle that would be easier to force him into, or both, and he needed to be kept from running off till that arrived. They had been exhausted in their efforts to get him in the car, and couldn't keep fighting with him. The alternative to what he did was to let him run off. Cops aren't superhuman, and cannot continue to struggle with a huge, powerful, guy like that, ramped up with drugs as he was, indefinitely.

Was the officer trained that the technique he used was appropriate for cuffed resistive subjects who are not assaultive?

That will come out in the trial.

I can tell you that many, many, many LEO’s are taught to use that technique to restrain active resistant suspects.

Are the risks associated with that technique discussed in the course of training. How are officers taught to deal with a non-violent, non aggressive subject who appears to flatline during their application of force?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
What is abundantly clear is that few people in this country have ever had to go hands on w/ a large strong person determined not to submit. Most just call the cops.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
That further confirms that his behavior was resistive, not assaultive.

Pushing back against a cop is assault.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I cannot say that I do. Generally the video we say was missing relevant context. I always assumed that when the officer's action was examined against the law that their actions were deemed just.

There were two main reasons:

1.) The jury saw video that the rest of the United States wasn't allowed to
2.) The defense demonstrated that the officers used the PR-24 as they were trained

Now with that in mind, please watch this short video from last Tuesday.

Let me know when the light bulb comes on:

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Imagine, if Floyd would have just "obeyed a lawful command"

But then he wouldn't be famous.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I cannot say that I do. Generally the video we say was missing relevant context. I always assumed that when the officer's action was examined against the law that their actions were deemed just.

2.) The defense demonstrated that the officers used the PR-24 as they were trained

That was well done.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FreeMe
What If the moon was made of cheese?

Zip ties are cheap and plentiful. What if we just dismiss all better solutions?

So, if I'm understanding you, their not having zip ties long enough for his ankles mean that it was murder??

What a trollish reply. Did I say that? No, I didn't - and your feeble attempt to read my mind is a bad look. You clearly do not understand me, and are not trying very hard.

"What ifs" are a stupid waste of time. That's what I'm saying.

Speaking of stupid....hobbling the police so they lack better options is stupid. That's not a remark on what was done - it's a remark on what could have been done better if they were allowed.

You're the one pulling the what-ifs, not me. Your what if is, what if he had long enough zip ties to tie his feet together. I'm suggesting that they may not have. I.e., I'm countering your what if. Do you have any evidence that they had such zip ties?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That was well done.

Them boys is a looooong ways from Minnesota.

But something sure looks familiar, doesn't it?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad

One can put two together to make them longer.

If no zip ties, not a single one of them had some paracord bracelet or other tacticool doo dad with them? Or even a piece of rope in the car. Tow strap? Jacket?

Easy to Monday morning quarterback. You weren't there, exhausted from a long physical struggle with a huge, powerful, arrest resisting suspect with a known, long, violent, rap sheet, just hoping you can keep the guy restrained long enough for help to arrive.

PS Zip ties, if one knows the technique, can be broken when placed on the wrist. The ones designed for the wrist, joined together for sufficient length for ankles, would likely be nearly useless on the ankles of a guy this size and strength, hopped up on drugs.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What If the moon was made of cheese?

Zip ties are cheap and plentiful. What if we just dismiss all better solutions?

So, if I'm understanding you, their not having zip ties long enough for his ankles mean that it was murder??

What a trollish reply. Did I say that? No, I didn't - and your feeble attempt to read my mind is a bad look. You clearly do not understand me, and are not trying very hard.

"What ifs" are a stupid waste of time. That's what I'm saying.

Speaking of stupid....hobbling the police so they lack better options is stupid. That's not a remark on what was done - it's a remark on what could have been done better if they were allowed.

You're the one pulling the what-ifs, not me. Your what if is, what if he had long enough zip ties to tie his feet together. I'm suggesting that they may not have. I.e., I'm countering your what if. Do you have any evidence that they had such zip ties?

You need to catch up.

You are assuming I am offering some sort of argument about guilt. I am only commenting on what could be done differently. Your reply to that looks like a "what if" excuse for not doing it differently.

All this arguing about who's guilty and who's at fault is useless. A jury will sort it out. What needs to be discussed is what could be done better. It doesn't matter to the situation at hand (meaning, what is going on now) whether the officers performed according to training (although it obviously will in court). What matters is if anyone - ANYONE - can quit showing their ass and come up with better ways to do things. And better ways sometimes need to take appearances into account.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So the Rodney King case was as I suspected. The jury saw what we couldn't, and the officer's actions were examined against the law, policy and training.

I think my bulb has a faulty ballast.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That was well done.

Them boys is a looooong ways from Minnesota.

But something sure looks familiar, doesn't it?

Yep.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Ho Lee Shixt. They have a car. How hard would it be to have giant zip ties in the car? How expensive? I got three foot long zip ties hangin' in my garage. Didn't have to look hard to get them.

There you go playing the what if game again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

PS Zip ties, if one knows the technique, can be broken when placed on the wrist. The ones designed for the wrist, joined together for sufficient length for ankles, would likely be nearly useless on the ankles of a guy this size and strength, hopped up on drugs.

You don't know diddly about zip ties.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ho Lee Shixt. They have a car. How hard would it be to have giant zip ties in the car? How expensive? I got three foot long zip ties hangin' in my garage. Didn't have to look hard to get them.

There you go playing the what if game again.

And you still don't get it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That I can't fix.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That I can't fix.

Little do you know! I suffer a certain density in net conversations that I don't in F2F.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Apparently, the technique used by officer Chauvin was legal at the time Floyd was arrested. He's likely to get off and also his job back.

BTW I don't think there was anything particularly racial about this. Just a sad coincidence that the suspect was black, and the officer was white.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That I can't fix.

Little do you know! I suffer a certain density in net conversations that I don't in F2F.

It's at 1:02.

If that helps.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (14idaho, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,991
Posts18,481,094
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.