Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by deflave

I cannot say that I do. Generally the video we say was missing relevant context. I always assumed that when the officer's action was examined against the law that their actions were deemed just.

There were two main reasons:

1.) The jury saw video that the rest of the United States wasn't allowed to
2.) The defense demonstrated that the officers used the PR-24 as they were trained

Now with that in mind, please watch this short video from last Tuesday.

Let me know when the light bulb comes on:

So the Rodney King case was as I suspected. The jury saw what we couldn't, and the officer's actions were examined against the law, policy and training.

I think my bulb has a faulty ballast.

I guess you still haven’t watched let it fall?? Put your biker shorts on, put the crash helmet on, put a smedium moisture wicking shirt on, bottle of protein and watch let it fall. Once you do it will all come together for you..

Last edited by 79S; 06/12/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
A guy in California suggests duct tape and rope to subdue Floyd. TFF

And zip ties. Don't forget zip ties. We hold freight trains together with 'em. Seriously.

Tape is too awkward and no one knows how to tie knots these days.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Was there room in the trunk?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Was there room in the trunk?

It's an Exploder. No trunk, and damn little room behind the back seat.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't see his grandma's gallon of milk in that video. Or his Saint Christopher's medal.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It worked so well on all his girlfriends...........

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 700LH
Definitely a death sentence offense, the fine upstanding officer had every possible reason to kill that man can't ya see that?

Ridiculous. There's no reason to suggest he intended to cause permanent harm, let alone death. He employed a control tactic after multiple failed efforts to secure him in the squad car. They were waiting for someone to come, either EMS, a larger vehicle that would be easier to force him into, or both, and he needed to be kept from running off till that arrived. They had been exhausted in their efforts to get him in the car, and couldn't keep fighting with him. The alternative to what he did was to let him run off. Cops aren't superhuman, and cannot continue to struggle with a huge, powerful, guy like that, ramped up with drugs as he was, indefinitely.

Yep, the ditty bastard was still likely to jump up and run away, even after they had compressed the Oxygen out of his lungs to the point that his body had ceased any attempt to breath, nor his heart to beat.

Would I be responsible for the death of your dog, if all I did was stand on his chest for nine minutes and he became unresponsive? How about if it was an evil BLACK dog? Even a very large and scary BLACK dog?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lvmiker
What is abundantly clear is that few people in this country have ever had to go hands on w/ a large strong person determined not to submit. Most just call the cops.

mike r

Hey Mike,

an honest question.

Where you worked (civilian) would you have been allowed, in recent years, to restrain the suspects legs once handcuffed and still resisting or making actions one could assumed meant he was attempting to escape.

Zip tie restraints, rope, shackles if available, duct tape, whatever you could use without causing injury to the suspect.

Once a suspect is on the ground, held by a couple or three officer, could a 4th officer go get something to restrain the suspect's legs and therefor pretty much put a stop to any attempt to flee custody?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm guessing Fentanyl overdose but who knows if/when we will get details of final toxicology.

George appeared to be quite stumbly on the way to and around the Explorer.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by 700LH
Definitely a death sentence offense, the fine upstanding officer had every possible reason to kill that man can't ya see that?

Ridiculous. There's no reason to suggest he intended to cause permanent harm, let alone death. He employed a control tactic after multiple failed efforts to secure him in the squad car. They were waiting for someone to come, either EMS, a larger vehicle that would be easier to force him into, or both, and he needed to be kept from running off till that arrived. They had been exhausted in their efforts to get him in the car, and couldn't keep fighting with him. The alternative to what he did was to let him run off. Cops aren't superhuman, and cannot continue to struggle with a huge, powerful, guy like that, ramped up with drugs as he was, indefinitely.

Was the officer trained that the technique he used was appropriate for cuffed resistive subjects who are not assaultive?

More emotional reasoning from you.

Do the autopsy results mean anything?

The autopsy which said cause of death was restriction of chest an abdomen which prevented ventilation?

Or did you not read that part? Some things were obvious from the first video which showed three officers with their weight upon Floyd's person.

Floyd was no Saint.He needed arrested. He did not need to be killed on the street. It would have been obvious to anyone with an IQ above 50 that Floyd"s chest had quit moving. It obviously was obvious to the Junior Officer when he started looking for a pulse.. It was apparently obvious to the bystander who tried to give aid, but was threatened with pepper spray.
I am sure it was obvious to the senior officer with his weight upon Floyd's neck and shoulders. Either he simply did not care that Floyd had died under his knees, or it was the actual outcome he desired.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
"Lets tie up the black guy with rope"

-No one (2020)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I can't see his grandma's gallon of milk in that video. Or his Saint Christopher's medal.

He was on his way to work the school crossing.....except there was no school due to the Rona.

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FreeMe

And zip ties. Don't forget zip ties. We hold freight trains together with 'em. Seriously.

Tape is too awkward and no one knows how to tie knots these days.

that went over your head

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Yep, the ditty bastard was still likely to jump up and run away, even after they had compressed the Oxygen out of his lungs to the point that his body had ceased any attempt to breath, nor his heart to beat.

Would I be responsible for the death of your dog, if all I did was stand on his chest for nine minutes and he became unresponsive? How about if it was an evil BLACK dog? Even a very large and scary BLACK dog?

You sound just like the idiots in Seattle right now.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Valsdad
What is abundantly clear is that few people in this country have ever had to go hands on w/ a large strong person determined not to submit. Most just call the cops.

mike r

Hey Mike,

an honest question.

Where you worked (civilian) would you have been allowed, in recent years, to restrain the suspects legs once handcuffed and still resisting or making actions one could assumed meant he was attempting to escape.

Zip tie restraints, rope, shackles if available, duct tape, whatever you could use without causing injury to the suspect.

Once a suspect is on the ground, held by a couple or three officer, could a 4th officer go get something to restrain the suspect's legs and therefor pretty much put a stop to any attempt to flee custody?

No offense, but this is a stupid question and I don't understand why it keeps being asked.

Restraints are not needed when you have the manpower to hold a person down. In this case it is pretty clear that the ambulance is on its way from the time that original video begins. The fourth cop is doing what he's supposed to do and that's keeping the dumb fugks at bay while the others hold down Gentle George.

Even if the restraints were available they don't resolve the issue that they were most likely having with their suspect. I'm sure they had a rough ETA and knew there would be a gurney and straps available if his lack of compliance continued.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

mike r

Hey Mike,

an honest question.

No offense, but this is a stupid question and I don't understand why it keeps being asked.

Restraints are not needed when you have the manpower to hold a person down. In this case it is pretty clear that the ambulance is on its way from the time that original video begins. The fourth cop is doing what he's supposed to do and that's keeping the dumb fugks at bay while the others hold down Gentle George.

Even if the restraints were available they don't resolve the issue that they were most likely having with their suspect. I'm sure they had a rough ETA and knew there would be a gurney and straps available if his lack of compliance continued.

Only time restraints are recommended, is when one is abducting prostitutes..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

One can put two together to make them longer.

If no zip ties, not a single one of them had some paracord bracelet or other tacticool doo dad with them? Or even a piece of rope in the car. Tow strap? Jacket?

Easy to Monday morning quarterback. You weren't there, exhausted from a long physical struggle with a huge, powerful, arrest resisting suspect with a known, long, violent, rap sheet, just hoping you can keep the guy restrained long enough for help to arrive.

PS Zip ties, if one knows the technique, can be broken when placed on the wrist. The ones designed for the wrist, joined together for sufficient length for ankles, would likely be nearly useless on the ankles of a guy this size and strength, hopped up on drugs.

Yep, maybe, if restrained in handcuffs, and his ankles zip tied he could have found a way to use this technique to defeat them? So simple a child can do it. Of course, there's no po-po there watching to make sure she doesn't:

Lots of techniques I've found for defeating the ones on wrists, pull the end to tighten them as much as possible, etc etc. But I haven't found one showing how to defeat ones on the ankles. If you find on, please post it, I'd like to learn it myself.

And yes Monday morning stuff..................by everyone here and across the Nation.

Some of the Monday Morning QBs seem to be of the opinion, "Why not just shoot the Large Black Man, hopped up on drugs, with a criminal background"

Others of us think there just may have been a slightly better way to deal with the situation, especially after he was on the ground, struggling less, and a couple of the officers had gotten off him and appeared to have been "standing by".........................Instead of standing there, go get some friggen leg restraints or a substitute.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

I cannot say that I do. Generally the video we say was missing relevant context. I always assumed that when the officer's action was examined against the law that their actions were deemed just.

There were two main reasons:

1.) The jury saw video that the rest of the United States wasn't allowed to
2.) The defense demonstrated that the officers used the PR-24 as they were trained

Now with that in mind, please watch this short video from last Tuesday.

Let me know when the light bulb comes on:

That is an excellent example of minimal force necessary to take a suspect into custody. If he had died in the rollover? So be it! He should have stopped the car.

What we did not see in this video was two large men placing their weight upon the perp's chest and abdomen until they suffocated the life from him.

As a rule, I have no problem with Cops. They are doing a mostly thankless and sometime dangerous job for, in many cases very low pay. They gotta do what they gotta do in the vast majority of cases.

But Floyd's death was not the vast majority. The Senior officer's actions in this case demonstrated pathological indifference, AND extreme negligence at the very best, or perhaps purposeful murder at the worst.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 79S

The point being made every police academy across this country teaches that technique..
I thought we had long since established that.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

The point being made every police academy across this country teaches that technique..
I thought we had long since established that.

Apparently not for you.....

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 67 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,770
Posts18,476,835
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.