Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
IIRC, someone here stated that Spike's made PSA's upper and lower receivers at one time.

I believe 79s said that and someone called bs on it..

I called bs it on it.. the fella saying it said spikes was still making them for psa.. maybe at one time they did.. PSA has two forging companies one in Florida (DC machine) the other one in a South Carolina..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by 79S
Like years ago.. not in the last 2-3 yrs. hell FN made lowers for psa as well..

Kinda what I was saying.
The FN stuff is pretty good, also.

...anyway, which is maybe why I generally buy Aero marked receivers, when I want Aero receivers.

I’m not as familiar with PSA’s latest sourcing, nor am I quite as comfortable with any receivers they’d make themselves vs some others, yet.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Originally Posted by 79S
Like years ago.. not in the last 2-3 yrs. hell FN made lowers for psa as well..

Kinda what I was saying.
The FN stuff is pretty good, also.

...anyway, which is maybe why I generally buy Aero marked receivers, when I want Aero receivers.

I’m not as familiar with PSA’s latest sourcing, nor am I quite as comfortable with any receivers they’d make themselves vs some others, yet.

PSA current lowers are fine..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Well, I’m betting they’re better than Anderson. LOL

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I used one stripped Anderson lower and it works fine.. I will probably use another for another build in the near future.. I guess I’m a regular old cheap ass.. You ph uckers would cringe, cry, sob.. if you saw what these boys in the Rifle battalions are doing to new brand fn made m4.. so yeah i hear people talking about cosmetic blemishes on stripped lowers, I just shrug the ol shoulders.. meanwhile in the rifle battalions they are taking a can of FDE to brand new FN’s..

Last edited by 79S; 06/14/20.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've used five Anderson lowers and three of their uppers for different rifles and have several friends that have used them as well. None of us have had any problems with the Anderson receivers.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I could care less about cosmetics, and I like a good deal as much as anyone. I care about tolerances and how it goes together and runs. I did plenty to M4s in a line battalion. Probably ALL of them. I get that. 4 out of 5 of the last ARs I’ve worked on as ‘problem children’ had Anderson lowers. Sure, I’ve seen others that were trouble free, and it’s wasnt always purely the fault of the Anderson parts.....but I have other stuff I have more faith in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What were the problems, and were they directly related to the lowers?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
IIRC, mag catch, grip screw threads, tight pin holes, etc....nothing that couldn’t be cleaned up. Another couple were just fine. I guess for $40, they were actually okay.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I could care less about cosmetics, and I like a good deal as much as anyone. I care about tolerances and how it goes together and runs. I did plenty to M4s in a line battalion. Probably ALL of them. I get that. 4 out of 5 of the last ARs I’ve worked on as ‘problem children’ had Anderson lowers. Sure, I’ve seen others that were trouble free, and it’s wasnt always purely the fault of the Anderson parts.....but I have other stuff I have more faith in.

Anderson's selling a lot of lowers. That might have something to do with the markings you are seeing.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IIRC, mag catch, grip screw threads, tight pin holes, etc....nothing that couldn’t be cleaned up. Another couple were just fine. I guess for $40, they were actually okay.

It’s a damn miracle the stripped psa lowers I got for $29 even work then..

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

I used one stripped Anderson lower and it works fine.. I will probably use another for another build in the near future.. I guess I’m a regular old cheap ass.. You ph uckers would cringe, cry, sob.. if you saw what these boys in the Rifle battalions are doing to new brand fn made m4.. so yeah i hear people talking about cosmetic blemishes on stripped lowers, I just shrug the ol shoulders.. meanwhile in the rifle battalions they are taking a can of FDE to brand new FN’s..

Yeah, that must be the fad now. I was at a LGS yesterday and saw a brand new upper and lower set that was painted FDE and looked worn. They called it the "worn look". Looked stupid to me. Oddly enough, it was an Aero upper and lower set, with handguard. I didnt even see what they wanted for it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by 79S

It’s a damn miracle the stripped psa lowers I got for $29 even work then..

Well, I bought some Noreen lowers for under $30 that were better going together, but I don’t put them in the same vein with some other stuff, either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Look at the BATFE stats. Anderson must be making lowers for a lot of companies.

Similar to how Pine Tree Castings (Ruger) was making a lot of the other name-brand slides and frames for 1911s a few years back, and probably still do.

I’m not sure if AERO makes their mowers? Or?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was told by somebody I suspect would know that Aero makes about 30% of the lowers on the market.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Look at the BATFE stats. Anderson must be making lowers for a lot of companies.

Similar to how Pine Tree Castings (Ruger) was making a lot of the other name-brand slides and frames for 1911s a few years back, and probably still do.

I’m not sure if AERO makes their mowers? Or?

I'm like 80% sure they are not making mowers. Yet.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

Yeah, that must be the fad now. I was at a LGS yesterday and saw a brand new upper and lower set that was painted FDE and looked worn. They called it the "worn look". Looked stupid to me. Oddly enough, it was an Aero upper and lower set, with handguard. I didnt even see what they wanted for it.

Joe been painting them M4 clear back to 2004 time frame.. only at that time they were doing it to Colt made M4’s.. 🤪

Last edited by 79S; 06/16/20.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Up until about August of last year, you could buy PSA lowers all day long for $29. Now they've gone up to $59 or more, and with shipping and FFL fees, I can go buy a new Aero lower just as cheap or cheaper.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hudge
Up until about August of last year, you could buy PSA lowers all day long for $29. Now they've gone up to $59 or more, and with shipping and FFL fees, I can go buy a new Aero lower just as cheap or cheaper.

I should of bought a couple more lowers from 3 bears when they were selling them for $38 3 months ago..

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
We probably ALL shoulda bought more AR stuff and ammo, before it went nuts again.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 06/16/20.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1Longbow, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,528
Posts18,491,150
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.