Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Before the virus closing I put a kit in our church, beat up the intruder, then patch him up!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After all the input here I suppose I could use it if needed. I have some super glue here. Made by loctite and the warnings state that it may cause allergic reactions, and may cause burns, can cause severe eye injury, and avoid skin & eye contact. But I've had that stuff stuck on an uninjured finger many times with no reactions. So I guess in a pinch I'll give it a whirl. I just hope there's not some type of carcinogenic "payback" coming somewhere years down the road.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dress with gauze pads and bandage with tape, a triangle bandage or some Kerlix/vet wrap.

Clean first.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Our CVS here has medical grade Super Glue, which I purchased a couple of years ago. Once you open it and use it, throw the rest away. Regular super glue is not good for your skin.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I commercially pan fish most of the year and often suffer from cuts and splits on my fingers and thumb especially in the winter. I tried the liquid skin but it doesn't hold up. Super glue is what I found best for keeping the splits from getting worse.

living the good life every day
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
New Skin is pretty cool, and smells good too.

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
New Skin is pretty cool, and smells good too.

[Linked Image from media2.giphy.com]

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Blu Kote is amazing. Kills athletes foot, and sterilizes wounds.

Wonder Dust sprinkled on a cut works too.

MAGA
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 22250rem
After all the input here I suppose I could use it if needed. I have some super glue here. Made by loctite and the warnings state that it may cause allergic reactions, and may cause burns, can cause severe eye injury, and avoid skin & eye contact. But I've had that stuff stuck on an uninjured finger many times with no reactions. So I guess in a pinch I'll give it a whirl. I just hope there's not some type of carcinogenic "payback" coming somewhere years down the road.

Yep, dont squirt that stuff in your eye. Painful as all get out. A vet I treated who filled his eyes with it when the tube exploded in his face while trying to glue an operated cat up. Bofe eyes. Assistant drove him in because of pain. I had told them to just soak in AB ung on the phone before he came in not realizing how bad it was.
He ended up taking a piece of a pain pill for horses after I got a little erythromycin ung in one eye after getting enough out of the lashes to get the lid open a bit. It took a few days of working on him as the suff loosened up and patching him to prevent corneal tears and abrasions.

A day or so later a little AA boy came in with one eye glued shut. This was after 10 years with no such cases.

Yep. Dont get it in your eyes or squeeze hard to squirt some out of a tube.

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/14/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use 3M Vetbond. Non-toxic and it is dyed blue so easier to tell where the stuff is and isn't.

IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
A few years back when i was living in the Keys i had 2 brothers both Dentists out fishing on the reef.
I had broken a tooth off on my partial plate which was very visable.
One of them asked me if the tooth had been broken, to which i said no, it simply came off the plate while i was biting down on an apple.
He then said just use some Super Glue to put it back on the plate.
I looked at him i guess in disbelief of what he said.
But he laughed and said how do you think we fix them?
I did it and it held up just fine with no issues.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If we are talking about stitches..... If it's a long ways to town and not arterial bleeding, Wound Seal or vet's Wonder Dust (Tractor Supply) is the berries with a kotex pressure bandage held on with electrical tape. The loggers friend. Chain saw cuts are gory. The little commonly sold first aid kits are useless, other than the gauze pads and rolls of gauze.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you seal the entire wound there's no drainage. Get an infection under that and you end up with a real mess. So warned my vet friend who had to deal with that.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it recommended to stall diarrhea until you get back to camp?

Dave

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
A good start for many would be to enter wound care in the search box on You Tube. Some excellent presentations from professionals. Or you can just buy some tourniquets and a jug of super glue and go full bubba.grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker
A good start for many would be to enter wound care in the search box on You Tube. Some excellent presentations from professionals. Or you can just buy some tourniquets and a jug of super glue and go full bubba.grin

mike r

Not an EMT or anything close, but folks that have worked with stock and in remote/semi-remote areas are by and large passing familiar with stopping a bleed, and wound care. Physiology can't be that different.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Improper use of a tourniquet could cost a limb or worse, kill your patient, if you don’t know how to properly use one.

I’m a good field medic. I even carry a 5 mil bottle of Lidocaine for suturing. Mucho better than saying “here, take a long pull on my whiskey flask and hold still”.....Grins 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What do ya mean? Tourniquets are excellent for head wounds. No patient has complained yet.

Actually short of a traumatic amputation tourniquets are almost always a bad idea.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JeffA
Try it, you'll find it works rather well.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

There's a crazy idea.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RDW
Is it recommended to stall diarrhea until you get back to camp?

That would be a cork wouldn't it?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 28 invisible), 2,211 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,446
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.