Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Main hunting rig has a older conquest 3.5-10x50 MC on it.

Picked up a Cabelas Instinct (Meopta) 4-12x50......was wondering how these two compare.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Both made by Meopta and have the same glass and internals as the current Meopro.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The warranty is the only real difference. Meopta/Zeiss warranty are great. I've read that lifetime for Cabelas now means 1 year and you'll need proof of purchase. One year is what they consider the life of the product.

Last edited by TxHunter80; 06/12/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sent back a cabelas instinct to meopta and the fixed it no questions. Had a floating paint spec in it.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by azelkhuntr
I sent back a cabelas instinct to meopta and the fixed it no questions. Had a floating paint spec in it.

How long ago was that? My understanding is the warranty change has happened since the Bass Pro take-over.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I’m glad Meopta fixed your scope but I don’t think that has been the norm.. They refused to work on a pair of the binos for me. They wouldn’t do it even though I offered to pay for the repair. This was a couple years ago. I think there’s quite a few examples out there that mirror mine. Maybe they’ll ease up with the cabelas change.

Last edited by TxHunter80; 06/13/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
I’m glad Meopta fixed your scope but I don’t think that has been the norm.. They refused to work on a pair of the binos for me. They wouldn’t do it even though I offered to pay for the repair. This was a couple years ago. I think there’s quite a few examples out there that mirror mine. Maybe they’ll ease up with the cabelas change.

My understanding on the agreement when Meopta built Cabela branded items, similar to when they made the Zeiss Conquest scopes for Zeiss, it became a Cabela product and Cabelas was responsible for the product once they received it.

You wouldn't expect to have Meopta handle a Zeiss repair on a Conquest scope so why expect them to handle a Cabelas binocular?

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Thanks Doug

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

My understanding on the agreement when Meopta built Cabela branded items, similar to when they made the Zeiss Conquest scopes for Zeiss, it became a Cabela product and Cabelas was responsible for the product once they received it.

You wouldn't expect to have Meopta handle a Zeiss repair on a Conquest scope so why expect them to handle a Cabelas binocular?

What that means to me then is even before the Bass Pro purchase, if you had a Cabela’s branded Meopta optic and it broke, all Cabela’s could do was replace it since they obviously didn’t do optic repairs. And if I remember correctly those optics had a lifetime warranty. Am I wrong with this line of thought?

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cdb

What that means to me then is even before the Bass Pro purchase, if you had a Cabela’s branded Meopta optic and it broke, all Cabela’s could do was replace it since they obviously didn’t do optic repairs. And if I remember correctly those optics had a lifetime warranty. Am I wrong with this line of thought?

Just my thinking on this, doesn't mean I am right.

Perhaps Cabela's had a repair/warranty agreement with Meopta on all Meopta made products which allowed for the lifetime warranty. This would no longer be in effect once Cabelas was sold to Bass Pro as Meopta would not have this agreement in place with Bass Pro.

My understanding is that the Meopta built optics came with a Cabelas lifetime warranty and not a Meopta lifetime warranty. In effect when Bass Pro bought Cabelas, Cabelas life ended. A companies lifetime warranty is only as good as that companies lifetime, not our lifetime.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yeah, well it is complete BS when Bass Pro eliminated the Cabelas Lifetime Warranty. If I had a Cabelas Euro/Instinct I'd be royally pissed. Screw Bass Pro, they're a joke.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bass pro is still selling these meoptas in a couple of versions. They are incredibly vague on their warranty; both in store and on the website.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am in full agreement about the Meopta/Cabelas warranty. Meopta shouldn't be obligated to fix an outsourced product. I gave Meopta a call after Cabelas wouldn't come through. I thought maybe they handled repairs for Cableas or in hopes that I could at least pay to have them fixed. My understanding is the Cabela's "warranty" is now the lifetime of the product, which they consider 1 year. They are still selling a few but the amount of Meopta products seems to be greatly reduced, which is probably a great thing for Meopta

Last edited by TxHunter80; 06/13/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes it was a new scope before the bass pro buy out.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I’m in agreement with regard to the Zeiss example, but the Cabela’s scopes bass pro is selling are labeled meopta on the scope and come with all the meopta paperwork including the booklet stating lifetime warranty. If meopta won’t warranty them I think it reflects poorly on them, but that’s just my take - and hopefully I never need to find out. And yes, normally I would just buy them through you Doug (as all my other meoptas have been!) but I had some bass pro gift cards and wanted to use them ...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I still don't think the answer is clear about whether Cabela's will back the lifetime warranty. Bass Pro bought out Cabela's but still kept those stores branded as
Cabela's, good thing, up north there are no Bass Pro stores, farthest north one I know of is in Iowa.

I have not been on the Cabela's website recently, it always was a well done site, easy to navigate, and the people on the phone there were very good, midwestern
roots, Cabela's was based in Sidney, Nebraska. I wonder what is left there with the buyout. As many know Cabala's was a family owned business and the only
way to divide things up was to sell the business, "The Worlds Greatest Outfitter".

I do have experience with Meopta service, most everything goes back to Europe for repair, not much here in the US.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I don't know about warranty but I think I'd buy a Zeiss Conquest regardless of the length of the warranty. By far the best optics on any market for the money anywhere.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
L
L
Sorry to disagree but l had problems with Conquest
With life time Warranty had scope rings scope was tightened
To tight. So they sent me a cheap model back ($400:00)
Scope vs $($600:00) scope. 400:00 scope had 5 year warrenty
I will never buy a Zeiss. I bought a Meopta 3.5 x10
Very happy with my opinion better scope in

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A few years ago I bought a Zeiss Conquest 3-15x42 HD5 scope on ebay. The scope was used, and in mint shape. I paid about half of the retail price.

After mounting it on a few guns, I concluded that the reticle wasn't staying in place, and sent it back to Zeiss. Zeiss agreed that it was broken, but said they didn't service that model anymore. To honor their lifetime warranty, Ziess credited me for the full retail value of the scope, which I applied towards purchasing a Conquest V6 model from Zeiss.

That was extremely fair treatment, IMHO. That is the only time I have exercised the Zeiss warranty, so I can't say how typical my experience was.

I have a bunch of the Zeiss Conquest 3-19x40 scopes made by Meopta. I've never had a problem with any of them. Used, they represent a super good value in hunting scopes.

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
“ Perhaps Cabela's had a repair/warranty agreement with Meopta on all Meopta made products which allowed for the lifetime warranty.”

That’s the only thing that makes since to me.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

264 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 31 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,352
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.