Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Saving grace was eating at El Reys in Miami, the best mex food in the world... course wife wanted her takeout and was waiting when I got home.

[Linked Image]

Kent

Gueros El Rey. Stop every time we drive through. Old Miami is a view into a previous world.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
My grandparents were married there in 1924.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Richard the owner and his brother who owns Guayo's on the trail, are big time deer hunters and have taken some great muleys around that area.

Kent

Last edited by krp; 06/16/20.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by krp
Greg, one of these days we need to get together on a hunt, hell I can be camp cook or whatnot just to hang out.

Kent

Our AZ get-togethers are in the middle of my crazy busy season or I'd be there. Hell I'll be your cook. We will hook up....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Apply down south for coues...

I'll get you a buck picked out prior, but that might not be fun for you.. grin...

- Greg

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ha, I used to hunt 35b all the time, all I hunted was coues for a lot of years... but have been waiting for a 3c tag and have 8 points so not quite guaranteed yet, hunted muleys for years then coues now one more muley.

I found a killer muley buck in 4b antelope hunting last year, probably bigger than anything in 3c, saw him 3 times and screwed up an archery opportunity one time. Not sure if he made it and almost applied but decided to put the wife in and if she draws we will see. There;s some killer coues bucks in 4b also up by Chevron.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I forgot to make this comment on our idiotic public works.

There's only one road into the valley open coming from the east side of the state, hwy 60, everyone has to drive around an extra hundred or more miles just to access it, what do they do. Restrict and block traffic on the most pinched two lane areas at Top of the World and Oak Flats... removing and installing new guard rails...

Come on you can reschedule that chit to allow traffic to pass freely, all other roads are closed for fire idiots.

Kent

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Keep it safe bud.....

- Greg

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Just talked to some buddies, Bushnell is gone, Pine mountain gone, Edwards park gone, Boulder Mountain gone, Cyprus and Ord next. They are defensive at this point and allowing it to burn EVERYTHING on the East side of 87. It WILL reach Tonto basin- just a matter of where they want to make a stand. Fire was so hot it MELTED the guard rails on SR 87. I guy I know has been dozing fire breaks around Sunflower and rounding up cows. Saw all this first hand from his mule. If the fire gets to the north side of Ord I don't think they can stop it until the Verde river.

The big microwave tower on El Oso is burned already. The campsite where we have our winter shooting shindig is going to be the battleground to keep it out of the Greenbacks and Sierra Anchas.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Driving to layout a new house under the Superstitions I see a fire, looks to be around the First water area and towards Canyon lake. This is getting to be chit.

Kent

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not saying this is the case here, but I fully expect the commies to burn as much as possible this year.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Good friend in Payson was given the get ready to evacuate order. Another friend, a little lower than Payson, was evacuated. So sad, all this from a car fire that pulled off the road to get out of traffic!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just read where they evacuated the communities on top of Mount Lemmon yesterday.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Not saying this is the case here, but I fully expect the commies to burn as much as possible this year.

It's just ignorant people now but as you say, arsonists noticing the mayhem could start they're own incidents.

The Forests have banned fires since the Corona virus end of April, but there's been record campers, folks with time off and out of school, and the amount of people still building camp fires is crazy... kids wanting to party and bonfire, mex families that never hear of a law or think laws apply to them, and just dumbchit idiots.

I won't be surprised if they close the forests completely soon.

Kent

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Came back to St George from Phoenix last Sunday. Heavy smoke from Page to the Paria River. Had to have the headlights on. This is the fire on the north rim of the Grand Canyon. They're trying to save Jacob Lake. We wanted to go on 89a through Lee's Ferry and Jacob Lake but they closed the road.

Old guy, old guns.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Bush fire just jumped 188 running full out, if it jumps the Tonto holy hell will break loose for central Az.

Kent

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Kent, I suspect 23 will burn, Payson might get evacuated...

Lemmon is gonna all burn. It will burn Summerhaven tonight Lord help us....

I watched the fire from my truck bed through big eyes tonight 50 miles away. The wind may help, 30+ to blow it by a lot of the mountain.

We will know tomorrow....

- Greg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW
Kent, I suspect 23 will burn, Payson might get evacuated...

Lemmon is gonna all burn. It will burn Summerhaven tonight Lord help us....

I watched the fire from my truck bed through big eyes tonight 50 miles away. The wind may help, 30+ to blow it by a lot of the mountain.

We will know tomorrow....

last thing I saw was it was burning north, high on the mountain, they had started backburns to protect the observatory. might be headed to Oracle now.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
4 hours ago flames were visible from webcams on cabins in Summerhaven ..

- Greg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looking north from my house i can see the Rincons. Smoke from the Bighorn fire is visible over the top of the Rincons.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 63 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,474
Posts18,529,486
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.