Campfire Ranger
Yes. In Atlanta no less.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You are on your own level of stupid by fighting with cops. Not everybody is supposed to live too long.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm as pro-cop as it gets.

But when you look at the video where he was shot, he'd already fired the taser over his shoulder while running away, then continued to run away when shot in the back.

I would have let him go, and gotten a warrant, and picked him up later.

Perhaps the shooting would have been justified when he was getting the best of the two cops when they were fighting him on the ground, and he grabbed the taser.

But that didn't happen. It's a question of timing. At the moment of getting shot, he wasn't much of a threat.

This doesn't excuse what the POS did, or make him a "Good Boy". Those types usually end up getting killed by the sword because they live by the sword...

Taser already fired. Imminent threat no more. Chitty deal - but it's just that simple.

Yet another informed opinion.

Instead of constantly playing the know-it-all critic, why don't you put your bonafides on the line and make a meaningful contribution. That, or shut the [bleep] up.

Tarquin
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've never had to deal with what cops deal with, but when I was in the military I had several situations where I had to make a quick decision whether to fire my weapon at someone (once, after being hit in the melon with a rock). Anyone who thinks you can make a calm and deliberative decision whether your life is truly at risk is a much better person than I am/was. I don't give a flying fugg if the taser is properly considered a deadly weapon (and if you listen to the left, they've always said that it is a deadly weapon, before this incident), but if you're engaged and you have someone fighting you who fires ANYTHING in your direction, you have a very small window of time to decide whether you need to defend yourself.

I don't think that cop was going to shoot until he was first shot at. It's easy to know in retrospect that the guy was shooting a taser, but in the heat of the moment I suspect the cop had no certainty what had just been fired at him and certainly had no idea if the search for weapons on the guy was as thorough as it should have been. Again, I have never been a cop, but I suspect a cop who finds a guy asleep in a car isn't as exhaustive as a cop who subdues a violent suspect. So the cop reacted the way I would have...you take a shot at me with anything, I'll defend myself. The guy shouldn't have fought the cops, shouldn't have grabbed the taser, shouldn't have run and shouldn't have shot at the cop. The cop was right to assume that he was dealing with a dangerous person who needed to be stopped.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The film I saw showed a flash from the
end of the taser. Since I wasn't on the
scene or directly involved on the scene,
I can't say what the officer might have
thought when he heard the pop and saw
the flash. I would probably think that he
had just shot at me and I'm properly
trained to return fire and not wait until
this guy that just got through knocking
a uniformed officer to the ground turns
and gives an optimum " fair " shot.

I won't ever make excuses for an
obvious criminal that holds such
disregard for duly authorized
law enforcement. He didn't struggle
until it cut through the brain fog
that he WAS going to jail and he
felt that handcuff

Don't resist arrest and fight and
you likely won't get killed

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Boy this prosecutor is a real clown. Mob justice without an investigation or trial

https://allongeorgia.com/georgia-st...gency-amid-investigation-in-brooks-case/

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ribka
Boy this prosecutor is a real clown. Mob justice without an investigation or trial

He doesn't sound at all competent.

Tarquin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I think the cops did a great job. They were as calm and professional as anyone could expect.

They afforded every opportunity to the suspect to comply. When he fought, fled, then attempted to tase, he wrote his own story.

Nothing but politicians caving to the wave.

Put his trial out a year, at least. He may have a shot.

Two questions:

Is a taser considered a deadly weapon"

How many times can you use an x 26 taser ?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A Taser is not a deadly weapon.

Tarquin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Tarquin

He doesn't sound at all competent.

He probably went to a different law school than you and has less criminal trial experience

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Case law? That same prosecutor said last week that a taser is considered a deadly weapon. So what is it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the cops did a great job. They were as calm and professional as anyone could expect.

They afforded every opportunity to the suspect to comply. When he fought, fled, then attempted to tase, he wrote his own story.

Nothing but politicians caving to the wave.

Put his trial out a year, at least. He may have a shot.

Two questions:

Is a taser considered a deadly weapon"

How many times can you use an x 26 taser ?

Ask the DA.

He apparently doesn’t know either.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Nother dead Boo schit show.....
Great.......

Last edited by renegade50; 06/17/20.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

CONNECTICUT: Legal for Law Enforcement. Legal w/ restrictions for civilians
Connecticut Criminal Law Title 53 – Crimes, Title 53a – Penal Code, title 54 Criminal Procedure, Chapter 950 Section 53a-3
Definitions: (20) “Electronic defense weapon” means a weapon which by electronic impulse or current is capable of immobilizing a person temporarily, but is not capable of inflicting death or serious injury. §53-206. Carrying and sale of dangerous weapons
(a) Any person who carries upon his person... electronic defense weapon, as defined in 53a-3, or any other
dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument, unless such person has been granted a written permit issued and signed by the first selectman of a town, the mayor or chief of police of a city or the warden of a borough, authoring such person to carry such weapon or instrument within such city or borough, shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not more than three years or both. No permit shall be issued to any applicant who has ever been convicted of a felony. The issuing authority may request the applicant’s finger prints and full information concerning his criminal record and make an investigation concerning his criminal record and make an investigation concerning the suitability of the applicant to carry any such weapon. Refusal of fingerprinting by the applicant shall be sufficient cause to refuse issuance of a permit. Whenever any person is found guilty of a violation of this subsection, any weapon or other implement within the provisions hereof, found upon the body of such person, shall be forfeited to the municipality wherein such person was apprehended, not withstanding any failure of the judgment of conviction to expressly impose such forfeiture. Any person who has been granted a permit to carry any martial arts weapon pursuant to this section may carry such weapon anywhere within the state. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to any officer charged with the preservation of the public peace nor to any person who is found with any such weapon or implement concealed upon his person while lawfully removing his household goods or effects from one place to another, or from one residence to another, nor to any person while actually and peaceably engaged in carrying any such weapon or implement from his place of abode or business to a place or person where or by whom such weapon or implements is to be repaired, or while actually and peaceable returning to his place of abode or business with such weapon or implement after the same has been repaired.
(b) any person who sells to another... electronic defense weapon, as defined in section 53a-3, shall, within twenty-four hours after the deliver of such weapon or implement to the person to whom sold, give written notice of such sale or delivery, specifying the article sold and the name and address of the person to whom sold or delivered, to the chief of police of the city, the warden of the borough or the first selectman of the town, within which such weapon or implement is sold or delivered, as the case may be.

Any person who violates any provision of this subsection shall be fined not more than one hundred dollars.
SUMMARY: Section 53-206(a) prohibits the carrying of an AIR TASER on the person unless that person has obtained a dangerous weapons permit. However, there are no state-wide permits, only local permits – the permit is only good in that particular town and would be illegal elsewhere. Any one selling such a weapon must notify the chief of police with that information within 24 hours of the delivery. Therefore the AIR TASER can be sold and it can be kept in your place of business or home, but you cannot carry on your person without a permit which is only good within the limits of the city in which was issued.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Case law? That same prosecutor said last week that a taser is considered a deadly weapon. So what is it?

That depends on the prosecutor.

If tasers are deadly weapons, then anyone using one would have to meet the same criteria for using it as they would their firearm.

Let that sink in a bit....

Tasers, batons, stun guns, bean bag rounds are all classified as "Less than lethal weapons".

Doesn't mean they can't kill someone. It just means they are used in lieu of resorting to deadly force.

Which brings up another interesting question:

If you take away all the "Less that Lethal" options from the police, then the problem is going to get worse, rather than better.

That's a fact.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yes. In Atlanta no less.

And you think that Brooks would have lived through that ordeal?

LMFAO

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Instead of constantly playing the know-it-all critic, why don't you put your bonafides on the line and make a meaningful contribution. That, or shut the [bleep] up.

I knew your mom once.

How's that?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I ain't a fan of Amnesty International, but they have documented the number of deaths from tasers in the US. Between 2001 and 2012, they found 500 people had died after being tased by cops. https://www.amnestyusa.org/press-re...taser-use-as-u-s-death-toll-reaches-500/

I'm having a hard time understanding how it's a deadly weapon when used by cops but a kiss on the cheek when used by criminals.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Again.. Is a taser considered a deadly weapon? Why do many states classify it as a deadly weapon and restrict possession? Why are convicted felons, like the multi convicted violent felon Brooks, prohibited from owning a deadly weapon like a taser? Why did the prosecutor refer to the taser as a deadly weapon?

Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That depends on the prosecutor.

If tasers are deadly weapons, then anyone using one would have to meet the same criteria for using it as they would their firearm.

Let that sink in a bit....

Tasers, batons, stun guns, bean bag rounds are all classified as "Less than lethal weapons".

Doesn't mean they can't kill someone. It just means they are used in lieu of resorting to deadly force.

Which brings up another interesting question:

If you take away all the "Less that Lethal" options from the police, then the problem is going to get worse, rather than better.

That's a fact.

Last edited by ribka; 06/17/20.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Another informed opinion.

Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (673, 444afic, 5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 21 invisible), 1,579 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,076
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.