B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by jimy
There is no proof that the attacker was fleeing...... .

What Planet?

Not sure I'd hang my hat on fleeing when he was discharging a weapon over his shoulder.

I'm sure many cops wouldn't of shot him. Doesn't mean the one that did wasn't justified.

OK. To me, he was clearly fleeing and had already discharged the less than lethal weapon. Whatever.

I don’t like discharges. Have to clean drawers.

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RemModel8
I'm pretty sure she meant clit.

So much contribution. So, you think it a good shoot, I don't. What do you figure the path forward is?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BobBrown

What Planet?

Not sure I'd hang my hat on fleeing when he was discharging a weapon over his shoulder.

I'm sure many cops wouldn't of shot him. Doesn't mean the one that did wasn't justified.

OK. To me, he was clearly fleeing and had already discharged the less than lethal weapon. Whatever.

I don’t like discharges. Have to clean drawers.

Happy Trails

Bob

Now that is a simple, clear, opposing statement. Good one too.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Cop was in a rapidly developing, high stress situation. Dude Rag dolled and rolled over him and his partner and ran away after having a 40 minute conversation. That’s situation went from 0-100 in seconds. While chasing this guy he saw the guy turn around and shoot at him. Doesn’t matter if it was a taser, BB gun or water pistol. It happened too quickly for him to think...he reacted the way he was trained. He moved off line and returned fire. Given a fair trial and good lawyer, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him cleared.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

What Planet?

What was the timeline from homie discharging the taser to him getting plugged?

Without watching the vid again, I'm going with pretty damn fast.

I'd not hang the cop out to dry over that.

OK. Not sure. But, to me the officer made the wrong call. Guess we are in disagreement. Should we call each other names now, or just see what unfolds

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 06/17/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So, by your logic.....a perp can shoot til he’s out of ammo.......then quickly turn around and not be worried about getting shot in the back?

There are no time-outs when the line is crossed.

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm as pro-cop as it gets.

But when you look at the video where he was shot, he'd already fired the taser over his shoulder while running away, then continued to run away when shot in the back.

I would have let him go, and gotten a warrant, and picked him up later.

Perhaps the shooting would have been justified when he was getting the best of the two cops when they were fighting him on the ground, and he grabbed the taser.

But that didn't happen. It's a question of timing. At the moment of getting shot, he wasn't much of a threat.

This doesn't excuse what the POS did, or make him a "Good Boy". Those types usually end up getting killed by the sword because they live by the sword...

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Cop was in a rapidly developing, high stress situation. Dude Rag dolled and rolled over him and his partner and ran away after having a 40 minute conversation. That’s situation went from 0-100 in seconds. While chasing this guy he saw the guy turn around and shoot at him. Doesn’t matter if it was a taser, BB gun or water pistol. It happened too quickly for him to think...he reacted the way he was trained. He moved off line and returned fire. Given a fair trial and good lawyer, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him cleared.

Yes sir.

Did he know exactly what was shot at him? Did he know what weapons were taken from him and his partner?

Cop was forced into a [bleep] situation. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Here's what else the 2 cops knew at some point......................

https://twitter.com/Velocity2cloud9/status/1273398236473102336/photo/1

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
So, by your logic.....a perp can shoot til he’s out of ammo.......then quickly turn around and not be worried about getting shot in the back?

But when you look at the video where he was shot, he'd already fired the taser over his shoulder while running away, then continued to run away when shot in the back.

Perhaps the shooting would have been justified when he was getting the best of the two cops when they were fighting him on the ground, and he grabbed the taser.

But that didn't happen. It's a question of timing. At the moment of getting shot, he wasn't much of a threat.

This doesn't excuse what the POS did, or make him a "Good Boy". Those types usually end up getting killed by the sword because they live by the sword...

I just don't see why you would respond like this. RB said nothing of the sort that you are implying.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
His point was......when the perp turns and runs away........no longer a threat. Shooting not justified because of this.....his logic.

Taser, pepper spray, firearm........using any against law enforcement isn’t suddenly canceled when a perp turns his back to run.

I just don't see why you would respond like this. RB said nothing of the sort that you are implying.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

OK. Not sure. But, to me the officer made the wrong call. Guess we are in disagreement. Should we call each other names now, or just see what unfolds

Try and guess what happens five moves after your getting your wish.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Your deep thinking is on full display.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Gotcha, thanks. Good point.

His point was......when the perp turns and runs away........no longer a threat. Shooting not justified because of this.....his logic.

Taser, pepper spray, firearm........using any against law enforcement isn’t suddenly canceled when a perp turns his back to run.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please explain, do you believe tasers to be classified as deadly weapons?
In 2008 a Baron Pikes was killed by a taser used by police officer Scott Nugent in Winnfield Louisiana. The coroner blamed the officer for committing an illegal homicide and specified that the man was killed with the taser. The officer was acquitted of any crime but the taser was considered the cause of death.
No less than the left wing organization Amnesty International has declared the taser a deadly weapon.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Hastings
Please explain, do you believe tasers to be classified as deadly weapons?
In 2008 a Baron Pikes was killed by a taser used by police officer Scott Nugent in Winnfield Louisiana. The coroner blamed the officer for committing an illegal homicide and specified that the man was killed with the taser. The officer was acquitted of any crime but the taser was considered the cause of death.
No less than the left wing organization Amnesty International has declared the taser a deadly weapon.

Thanks. Referenced above is a SCOTUS decision. Fairly common to be classified as less than lethal. Would you like to call each other names now? Kidding.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by deflave

Your deep thinking is on full display.

And yours. I didn't see where RB said anything like letting perps fire all their ammo before taking action. Didn't jibe. MW cleared it up. You on the other hand seem to think your opinion matters more than others. It doesn't.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

I don't need to guess anything. That's not my involvement. I just don't agree with police in this instance deciding to shoot the perp in the back while running away. BFD

--- Kid Rock 2022

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I don't need to guess anything. That's not my involvement. I just don't agree with police in this instance deciding to shoot the perp in the back while running away. BFD

Would it have be Ok if he were running backwards ?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17Hunter, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 18,564 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,961
Posts18,539,694
Members74,052
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.