Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Street bikes. This guy is on a Harley.

DynaGlide? I have heard they are the best-handling Harley’s, whatever it is the guy obviously had made mods for ground clearance/lean angles.

Once you have the ability to lean, most any motorcycle will corner.

As noted, the guy on the sport bike ran with him pretty easy.

But...... Prob’ly for reasons of ego, he committed the cardinal sin of cornering, multiple times.

He rode faster than he could see.

Only a question of time......

I think your panties need to be changed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem141r
looks like he's on an FXR. best handling bike harley made. i've scraped the pipes on mine a time or two.

He was riding a Sportster,XL,XR.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I must be the only one in the world that opened this expecting bucking horses.....

Like you I was expecting some kind of stock

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

DynaGlide? I have heard they are the best-handling Harley’s, whatever it is the guy obviously had made mods for ground clearance/lean angles.

But...... Prob’ly for reasons of ego, he committed the cardinal sin of cornering, multiple times.

grin

Dude, I didn't own a car until age 44, I got 250,000 miles on motorcycles, 100+mph was frequent, I used to scrape pegs all the time.

I'm also still alive and not a cripple.

Riding faster than you can see; its easy to do, its the motorcycle equivalent of closing your eyes and running a red light

I know two people on sport bikes who t-boned cows that way, another guy on a Sportster hit a trailer home being towed and split his pelvis on the steering stem. A good friend of mine did it in two dimensions; topped a rise at 80 and there was a herd of cattle in the road, somehow stayed upright but lost a hard luggage off of his beemer when it hit a cow's head.

I've done it twice. first time topped a rise at 90 across an open area on a backroad to find an umarked 30mph curve, I prob'ly was doing sixty when I left pavement, no helmet. Got lucky, slid a long way in tall grass next to the bike, bike was in worse shape then me. Second time in the Texas Hill Country, not raining where I was but I topped a steep sided drainage doing eighty, the dip was flooded, maybe 18" deep thirty yards across. Fortunately I was on a tall, skinny KLR, RRRRIIIIIIIPPPPPP!!!!! and a bit of waffling in the front end and I was across, prob'ly woulda planed and lost it on anything with a fairing.

So.... go ahead and get at it ya pu$$y grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by Salmonella
The dude is pretty good, but most all play riders are brutally humbled when they set foot onto a real race track with real racers, regardless of the racing surface.
Brutally.

In what venue does any everyday participant not get humbled when they go up against, or even watch a world class pro?

Im talking local amateur events.
The level of skill that the professionals have must be seen in person to believed....nearly superhuman.
There are incredibly skilled riders at local level events across this country....from advanced novice riders ti the expert classes.
Guys wih many years pf intense competition under their belts that would do a fantastic job of embarrassing most of the idiots that risk their lives and the lives of innocent people doing stupid schhitt on the streets.

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

grin

Dude, I didn't own a car until age 44, I got 250,000 miles on motorcycles, 100+mph was frequent, I used to scrape pegs all the time.

I'm also still alive and not a cripple.

Riding faster than you can see; its easy to do, its the motorcycle equivalent of closing your eyes and running a red light

I know two people on sport bikes who t-boned cows that way, another guy on a Sportster hit a trailer home being towed and split his pelvis on the steering stem. A good friend of mine did it in two dimensions; topped a rise at 80 and there was a herd of cattle in the road, somehow stayed upright but lost a hard luggage off of his beemer when it hit a cow's head.

I've done it twice. first time topped a rise at 90 across an open area on a backroad to find an umarked 30mph curve, I prob'ly was doing sixty when I left pavement, no helmet. Got lucky, slid a long way in tall grass next to the bike, bike was in worse shape then me. Second time in the Texas Hill Country, not raining where I was but I topped a steep sided drainage doing eighty, the dip was flooded, maybe 18" deep thirty yards across. Fortunately I was on a tall, skinny KLR, RRRRIIIIIIIPPPPPP!!!!! and a bit of waffling in the front end and I was across, prob'ly woulda planed and lost it on anything with a fairing.

So.... go ahead and get at it ya pu$$y grin

Such a badass! I would be green with envy if I cared.

But I don't

At all.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Everyday participant = amateur.

I get it.

FWIW, it is a Dyna, not a Sporty. Dyna LR, SG or SGS not sure. Frame the beginning of the vid. Lowered rear, possibly extended front. Aftermarket brakes, maybe. A 2 into 1 header. A crazy, maybe, lucky maybe, but a talented rider pushing the envelope of the platform as a zillion before him.
Could he have done it better/faster with a crotch rocket? Well duh! of course he could. But he chose to do it with a platform that not just any superbike Mike could handle.

Same with long range rifles, 5 grand & an app might get momma's boy to 1500 or so. But ole Leroy spanks them with a box stock & Leroy's lucky.

Guess what, Leroy ain't lucky, he worked at it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I stand corrected.When the HD rider made his first pass by the videographer,I thought I saw the belt pulley on the right side of the frame.Further on in the video it became clear the belt drive was on the left side.Dyna it is.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
His day will come.

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a 99 Dyna Low Rider that was a lot faster than a smart man should go. Especially in DC beltway traffic. I was lucky to have survived that.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
His day will come.

Definitely, but looking at that vid I would be willing to bet he skids into it with shit flying everywhere whilst laughing maniacally.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I read an article a while ago that went into detail about the things that the Moto GP riders did to go fast. There's all kinds of things going on that aren't evident to the observer. Those that can master the little things are the ones that set themselves apart from the pack.

Moto GP bikes are ridiculously light and powerful,..350 pounds, 240 horsepower. One has to be a "born" motorcycle racer to even come close to taking one of those machines to its potential.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Organ donor

Let me guess

Missionary, every time

You should live a little.

Lol.!

I'd never heard that one before, Hank. Pretty funny line I might have to borrow it.

Great video too, I really dug it.

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Would someone explain to me the appeal of Harleys and that type of motorcycle. If the sports bikes are faster and more maneuverable, why a Harley? Is it an issue of comfort?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Theeck
Would someone explain to me the appeal of Harleys and that type of motorcycle. If the sports bikes are faster and more maneuverable, why a Harley? Is it an issue of comfort?

That's what I was thinking. In my biking days the HD riders used to give us crap for thrilling out on going fast through the twisties on our jap-crap. They said it was more about comfort, looking good and sounding good. To try and ride a HD quickly on a windy road had the rider looking like a demented ape thrashing around in his seat to control the bike.

Then again ground clearance wasn't as good then and grinding the fold back footpegs was the norm. Some bikes still had fixed foot pegs and I think all the HDs did. Fixed foot pegs stopped you using the whole tyre.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RayF
.....I had a GPZ1100B2.

Beast of a bike. Comfortable, too.

My mates Katana had the edge in power though. He weighted 20kg more than me and in a straight line drag up to 210kph he got a couple of bike lengths on me.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Theeck

That's what I was thinking. In my biking days the HD riders used to give us crap for thrilling out on going fast through the twisties on our jap-crap. They said it was more about comfort, looking good and sounding good. To try and ride a HD quickly on a windy road had the rider looking like a demented ape thrashing around in his seat to control the bike.

Then again ground clearance wasn't as good then and grinding the fold back footpegs was the norm. Some bikes still had fixed foot pegs and I think all the HDs did. Fixed foot pegs stopped you using the whole tyre.

My nearly 700 pound Lowrider handles very lightly, though the geometry is slow. Clearance can be worth paying attention to, but it is hardly difficult to hustle around. Doesn't really do anything to get you puckering. I rode sport bikes for many years, and they are fun, but you have to go 100 to feel them. The Harley is entertaining even at low speeds. Pretty retro feeling, without wrenching on it every 25 miles. Most people who don't like Harleys, have never ridden one. They aren't the end all, but neither is anything else. Pretty well engineered for fulfilling the intended mission...

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I bet he's rode that same section of hwy 1k x to get that video lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunzo
Everyday participant = amateur.

Comparing everyday street riders to hard core racing competitors is laughable.

My experience came from 10 years of motocross racing and many more years of riding prior.
If you aren't getting paid to ride a bike, youre an amateur.
Doesn't mean you aren't highly skilled....it's just the definition of the word.
Go to an amateur racing event.
Put on your helmet and enter the expert class, since you take such offense to the term.
Get back to us with the results.

Proud NRA Life Member
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I wasn't taking offense to any term.

I was merely trying to say I understand that, your words "most all play riders are brutally humbled when they set foot on a real race track with real racers" but you didn't catch that.

So... I'll just say what I meant...... no chit Sherlock.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 219DW, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,274
Posts18,486,646
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.