Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Best ice cream I've ever had. So creamy!!!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Haven't seen that brand of ice cream in Georgia, but I'll keep my eyes open because I have no plans on dieing skinny.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Someone mentioned Umpqua Ice cream, also made in Oregon. It's another good one, similar to Tillamook but priced a little lower and also with no high fructose corn syrup. It's readily available here but I don't think it's nearly as widespread as Tillamook.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Just info...

They donated to the OSU food Sci department in 2018, dairy products research facility.

Ohh chit, 4 million to the Covid relief! Yikes.

Some others like food banks, oh and those little heathens at 4H. (joking)

"In 2018, the Tillamook County Creamery Association earned a national Outstanding Community Impact Award. It’s donations to the Oregon Food Bank included funds, food, a delivery truck, and funding for research aimed to end hunger."

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We chose to be silent yesterday on our social channels in the spirit of getting out of the way of those who should be heard and we will continue to be silent until June 7th.

Translation:

"We're staying out of this until we can figure out a way to simultaneously make money out of the opportunity while avoiding stepping on our collective dicks by saying the wrong thing."

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Umpqua is better.

Sean
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Buncha fuggn retards. Can't even have an ice cream thread without it turning political. Seriously, don't you fuggers ever get tired of it?

It's not like there's 2,000 other threads you can join.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You could just as easily say, "Fuggers can't even sell ice cream without getting political about it." Every time I turn on the tv, I gotta endure a bunch of scolding by virtue-signaling SOBs over my alleged racism before I can watch my squirrel-launching videos . I'm sick and fugging tired of it. All they're doing is playing CYA for the masses.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This is great ice cream. The local Food City recently began stocking it.

μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Never heard of Tillamook.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Buncha fuggn retards. Can't even have an ice cream thread without it turning political. Seriously, don't you fuggers ever get tired of it?

It's not like there's 2,000 other threads you can join.

Someone brings it up, it gets addressed, it's a discussion forum.

Tillamook is good stuff. Those dairy farmers are good folks.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Systemic racism? Really? If it was so systemic, why or how was Obummer elected?

And how many here would vote for, say, Allen West, or thing Clarence Thomas is a super Supremo? Even Condi Rice, although sometimes I suspect she's a RINO?

That all said, Tillamook and Umpqua dairies are staples in the Pacific Northwest. Great stuff.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
This is great ice cream. The local Food City recently began stocking it.

Where is “the local food city” ?

I’d like to try it.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Fugg em all ( lactose intolerant ).
Beer is pretty good though

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Now take a cup of coffee and drop a scoop of that on top tomorrow morning. Tell me if that don't beat what comes out of the machines at sheets.

I'll never forget the first time I had some Häagen-Dazs Coffee ice cream. Mom had some stashed in the freezer. Good stuff.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know if they still make it or not but they had a black licorice flavor that was most excellent. The huckleberry flavor is dang good too!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used to produce ice cream for an old dairy plant In West Virginia. Did everything from commercial plumbing, repair and maintenance of the machines, come up with new flavors, special mixes and sell directly to the public.

What made our operations unique were that our ice cream was Classified premium and Super premium. That is based primarily on the fat content.
For instance, Bryers is considered Premium.
Ben and Jerry, Hagen Daz is classified as an Ultra Premium I've cream due to the higher milk fat ( more cream) content alone. Those were the industry standards.

Within those categories are varying quality factors.
Most all, including the ones mentioned have cheap high Mercury content high fructose corn syrup mixed with the sugar. That Mercury hort circuits the brain..
The high fructose corn syrup also causes type 2 &3 diabetes... Especially easy when deficient in certain minerals.
We only used pure sugar in ours. Simple ingredients.
Nothing that you can't pronounce. Nothing that you wouldn't feed your child. Super delicious!!!

Hold on. Are you still with me?
We produced more flavors than Baskin Robbins!
They were the famous ice cream shop that had super expensive, tasty ice cream known for 36 flavors. Corn syrup ice cream unfortunately.

It changed depending on our work load and imagination, but we were consistently running over 50-55 flavors of fresh high cream content all natural LOCAL fresh milk ice cream that everyone loved.

One more, we were Non- profit so I was selling it at, get this $5 for a 5 QUART PAIL!!!
Oooh yeah!!! Best ice cream, and cheap!
Any more you're paying that much for a pint of lesser quality.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One more thing that made ours best.
Yes I'm biased and yes lots of Mighty Mountaineers cried the day the plant was shut down.

We used local dairies of smaller family farms, like our own, that allowed cows to walk outside on pasture, graze on grass, chew cud and enjoy life. That makes for THE BEST QUALITY milk by far....
and many hunters and their families wailed and cried when it ended. So sad, yet good memories.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Umpqua ice cream kicks Tillamook 's ass. Tillamook makes good cheese, but they lack flavor in the ice cream area. I almost feel sorry for those who havent tried Umpqua ice cream!!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (10gaugemag, 22250rem, 160user, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 73 invisible), 2,714 guests, and 1,477 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,609
Posts18,492,450
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.