-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
congratz! send some pics when you get a chance.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Congrats!

FJB & FJT
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Glad it all worked out for you. When I read your OP I could feel my own stress level rise. Nothing worse IMO that that helpless feeling of being somewhat at the mercy of someone else.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by H5farm
Well I guess he calmed her crazy arse down and they signed the closing paperwork this morning so the deal got done. Almost drove me to drinking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good!

Congrats!

Now...

Tell him and his crazy ass wife they are not even allowed to look at your property. And any sort of trespass will result in jail. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well I guess he calmed her crazy arse down and they signed the closing paperwork this morning so the deal got done. Almost drove me to drinking!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you'd be fine.

Congrats on your purchase.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shaman
Dad made his living with apartments. As a result, I grew up in a house with a lot of real-estate stuff flying in the air. That does not make me an expert by any means, but it does give me at least an emotional cue. After growing up with it, you learn when dinner's going to be peaceful or a $hitstorm. You learn to guess whether the deal is going down or not.

My gut reaction to this is much like the others. The seller's wife is the unseen force driving this thing to go sideways.

Given that the purchase of their new property is contingent on the sale of this, the seller has his balls in a vice. He's going to have to sign or else his house of cards is going to fall. I saw this happen once with a neighbor that was over-extended on his real-estate deals. He damn-near lost the whole kaboodle and this would have undoubtedly triggered a divorce as well. $325K in hand is a powerful incentive.

BTW: before I go further in this, let me just say that when Dad would get a situation like this, his normal instinct would be to walk away from the deal. I'm not saying this is the best way to go; I'm just saying Dad's way of looking at it was that once you see a fin in the water, you get out. You don't wait to see if it is a shark. Mom was, even more, this way, but her reactions were always based on honesty/dishonesty. She would not deal with deceit.

Let me just throw a possible motive into this. This is one I've seen happen. I was involved in a version of this scenario with my ex, Satan, but the motivations were reversed. Seller's wife (we'll call her Jane) has property that has been in the family since 1920. That's easily a pre-marital asset. Seller (Bob) wants to sell it off and move to the big new place nearby. In the midst of all this, somebody whispers to Jane that if she allows the sale of the property, then she loses her pre-marital asset designation on the funds and the whole thing goes into the communal property bucket. Things may or may not be completely kosher in their marriage. Bob may or may not be motivated by this. However, Jane may begin to think Bob is making a play to get half the value of the family farm.

Me? I found myself about 2 years before my separation from Satan going to house showings for no good reason. Satan kept pushing to move even when the house was not as good as the current one. The reason became clear when we separated. I bought the house with assets I'd brought into the marriage. She had not put in a dime. She'd been gunning for the pre-marital assets I'd thrown into the current house. If we bought a new house, she'd now have claim to half. It all came out in our divorce. She kept trying to get what was obviously pre-marital assets assigned to her. Since then, I've seen versions of this show up in other divorce fights. Somebody must have written a book on it. This may be Bob's gambit. Jane may have figured it out.

My

Your

His

Her

Their

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Good deal. Just think, every time you go to your new property, the crazy bitch's head will explode every time you drive down the road because there's a strange car out there.. Sucks to be her.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Glad you were able to get your deal done.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thank God... Very glad to hear it finally went down well..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Congrats. I hope it’s profitable and enjoyable for you and your family.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I knew she was nuts. Hell, they all are.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have 2 hundred acres here I will sell for 1/2 of what he is asking if you send me a USPSMO.I will give you directions and never mind the people living in the farm house.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

A bottle of bubbly to you.
Glad it came through for you.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Happy for you. Having land is nice.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Redneck
I hope it goes well.. But don't count on any 'title company' to help you out if it doesn't. All they do is collect money... NOTHING else.. BTDT...

This. Also "title insurance" is near worthless IMO, but a requirement. They spend about 5 minutes on a computer, which anyone can do.

Like "dealer markup" at the car places - but that can be negotiated, title insurance cannot if a loan is involved. Pure profit, with no effort.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by Redneck
I hope it goes well.. But don't count on any 'title company' to help you out if it doesn't. All they do is collect money... NOTHING else.. BTDT...

This. Also "title insurance" is near worthless IMO, but a requirement. They spend about 5 minutes on a computer, which anyone can do.

Realtors, appraisers, mortgage co's and title co's are all in cahoots. Everyone is out to get their "fair share" of the pie . . .

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I hadn't read thru..

Congrulations!
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Good deal. Just think, every time you go to your new property, the crazy bitch's head will explode every time you drive down the road because there's a strange car out there.. Sucks to be her.

Be sure to blow your horn in greeting, smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I guess it's a good thing you didn't burn their house to the ground.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1234, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,086
Posts18,482,842
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.