-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anyone here trout fish at Morse Park in Neosho?

We have about 3 weeks to a months worth of work there and am looking to possibly fish a little. Wife coming down next weekend so I don't have to come home.

Any advice or tips?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I've been in the area on business, and seen the river.

It flows through the middle of town where Morse Park is, so you'll have an audience for any fishin you do.

Could be trout in there, but I'd guess not many. More likely Rock Bass, maybe smallmouth.

There's a public fishing access on 60 just North of town that seems a better place.

Haven't seen how the hatchery puts the fish in the river, but maybe South of 86 could be better for trout.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My sister in law lived there until a month ago. Her opinion was the local “non native English speakers” would swarm it anytime reports of stocking taking place.

Roaring River is over East of Cassville, about a 45 minute drive from Neosho. It gets fished hard, but they stock a lot of fish. Less pressure in the fly only zone.

There’s another spot between Granby and Monett, Capps Creek, south of US60 that I’ve read of several guys fishing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You MO folks, how far and how long a drive for him to get down towards Branson and some of the rivers down that way? Lake Tannycomo and that area. As I recall from a good friend that worked in the fishing dept of Bass Pro shops 30 years or so ago, that was where he went for trout.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
You MO folks, how far and how long a drive for him to get down towards Branson and some of the rivers down that way? Lake Tannycomo and that area. As I recall from a good friend that worked in the fishing dept of Bass Pro shops 30 years or so ago, that was where he went for trout.

Is he at the Robedoux river?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Texczech

My buddy or the OP?

My friend left the Springfield area maybe 20 years or so ago after finish school there. He's somewhere in Southern MO near the AR border now I think. I lost touch with him 10 or so years ago.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Not far down to the white river lakes. There are trout in the river below the dams. I am going fishing below Bull Shoals dam today. Beautiful place to fish in the hot summer.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I haven't heard of Morse Park,but I do know that it's only about 45 miles from Neosho to Roaring River State Park and trout hatchery. We try to make it down there once a month thru the summer months. Beautiful Ozark country and when you drop off over the hill into the park the greatest thing ever happens. You have no cell phone signal.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Torqued
I haven't heard of Morse Park,but I do know that it's only about 45 miles from Neosho to Roaring River State Park and trout hatchery. We try to make it down there once a month thru the summer months. Beautiful Ozark country and when you drop off over the hill into the park the greatest thing ever happens. You have no cell phone signal.

My cell phone works great at Roaring River...but we still go a handful of times a year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It’s about an hour and half from Neosho to Taneycomo. Just fished it this morning from a boat fishing Brown/orange jigs. We caught a bunch of 18” rainbows. Plus a nice bonus walleye.

They’re releasing a lot of water from Table Rock right now, so wade fishing options are limited.

On this website, #12 TRD (Table Rock Dam) shows the generation schedule for the coming days into Taneycomo. Anything over 50 isn’t really wadable.

Click on the day of the week on the left side.

https://swpa.gov/generationschedules.aspx

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Oh believe me,my feelings aren't hurt any when I loose signal. Just got rid of at&t so I may not have that luck the next trip to RRSP.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Texczech

My buddy or the OP?

My friend left the Springfield area maybe 20 years or so ago after finish school there. He's somewhere in Southern MO near the AR border now I think. I lost touch with him 10 or so years ago.

I dont know how to spell it. Either Rubido or Roubideaux. It is right outside Crocker Mo. Which is outside Waynesvill/St Joseph Mo. Ft Leonard wood. They call it a river but unless it has had a lot of rain, its maybe 6 -10 ' wide and maybe 1 to 2 ft deep. We used to float intertubes down it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
My sister in law lived there until a month ago. Her opinion was the local “non native English speakers” would swarm it anytime reports of stocking taking place.

Roaring River is over East of Cassville, about a 45 minute drive from Neosho. It gets fished hard, but they stock a lot of fish. Less pressure in the fly only zone.

There’s another spot between Granby and Monett, Capps Creek, south of US60 that I’ve read of several guys fishing.

Exactly what I figured out about the locals. Fished one evening and never spotted a trout.

Don't have time in evenings after work to drive over to Roaring River. May hit that tomorrow.

Wife came down Thursday, floating the Elk today and hope to catch some smallies or Rock Bass.

A little town about 15 miles south of Neosho has a fishing spot the girl at hotel desk was telling me about.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski
I've been in the area on business, and seen the river.

It flows through the middle of town where Morse Park is, so you'll have an audience for any fishin you do.

Could be trout in there, but I'd guess not many. More likely Rock Bass, maybe smallmouth.

There's a public fishing access on 60 just North of town that seems a better place.

Haven't seen how the hatchery puts the fish in the river, but maybe South of 86 could be better for trout.

Supposedly MDC stocks 4-5x per year.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

359 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 260madman, 41 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,561
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.